Mortal Kombat 11

I think the thing I like the most about both the way they’re revealing characters on stream as well as the way they’re structuring characters with all these moves you can choose to form loadouts with, is that if you don’t see some things that grab you right away, you almost certainly will eventually.

For Jade, I was kinda lukewarm on the glaive uses. I mean they seemed good and had obvious utility, but none of that screamed “fun character.” But then they started showing more moves, and still more, and by the time they were done showing her off, I was like “wow, they nailed her. She looks REALLY fun.”

I freakin love the parry she has and how taunting it is. Also really dig the run command combined with that jump throw. I like how she controls space, especially at midrange, and that her projectile invulnerability is back as well as the variations on her shadow kick. Didn’t really seem like she lost anything, did she? Either way, all that stuff, plus the fun stuff with the staff… They also did some really fun, unique stuff with her and I dug it.

I also really liked all of her looks. The revenant look was really well done. But I think my favorite might’ve been the one with the scarf, and while it was odd that parts were almost tan colored, I’m sure that’s a color that can be changed. Plus, I was watching it on my phone, so it wasn’t super high quality or easy to see either way.

But yeah, I’m happy with her. She’s a fun addition, a character I’ve always enjoyed, and someone I could certainly see myself using. VERY happy she’s back!!

As for Baraka, I love what they’ve done with him. My main from MK2 and still one of my all time favorites feels like he’s back in a big way. The stuff with the flag… I really enjoy all of it. The different ways he can pull the flag out and plant it or replant it. The run with the flag looks a little odd and the way it connects seems kinda… Strange? Like it’s not even connecting with the opponent. But who knows, maybe they fix that.

Either way, being able to amplify his chop chop twice just put a huge smile on my face while I was watching the stream. Also love that he has a command throw and that he can amplify his charging blades in to a throw that looks like his old MK2 throw (one of my favorites in that game). They really nailed what makes him fun, and I like that they didn’t overthink him. I’m curious to see what other moves he might have, or if we’ve seen anything, but I’m happy either way.

Great stream! Sucks that they’re doing their iphone game stuff next week, but I’m curious as to who they’ll reveal next. Also kinda hoping we’ll get another breakdown of an already announced character. I’d like to see what else some of the others can do.

Just inside 10 weeks now!

Love the sound design on Jade’s staff. I would be lying if I said the sound of Hisako’s parry didn’t contribute to how much I enjoy her

1 Like

I think it’s interesting that Jade’s primary costume is a revenant, but Kabal’s isn’t. I thought it would be like MKX where applicable characters had extra revenant costumes on top of their primary (which was just supposed to be their iconic design, but older). It was nice. It meant a character’s allegiance in the story wasn’t obvious and made for a cool surprise when Jax, Scorpion, and Sub-Zero were cured.

My question is, if Kabal can be cured despite Quan-Chi’s death, is there hope for the rest of the kast.

Of course, the most important thing about Jade being in this game is her having Opening Treasure as a combo extender lol

I hope that’s a tournament-legal move

1 Like

I’ve heard several people implying that it was fake.

There is no reason to believe that. It came from Steam. Not 4chan or gamespot or anything else. It came from the Steam database. It’s real.

Here’s a couple videos making the argument about why they think it’s fake. Even if it was fake I doubt you’d have to worry because Jade is already in.

I’m not watching those. Can you summarize?

It’s definitely not the entire roster. It’s less characters than there are slots on screen. It doesn’t even have every character we know officially. But adding it together with the characters who’ve been soft Confirmed elsewhere (Noob, Johnny Cage, and Kitana) it does. And you can’t fake the steam database.

hmmm There’s only 19 then there is the the three you mentioned which might makes it 23 which leaves two more left. I still have hope that Reptile has a shot but if he doesn’t make then I’ll have to wait for DLC before buying the game.

I swear it perfectly added up. Hold on. Let me check my notes. Remind me who was in the acheivments list?

The list mentions

1. Jacqui
  2. Jade
  3. Erron Black
  4. Cassie
  5. Kabal
  6. KAN
  7. CET
  8. KOL
  9. Liu Kang,
  10. Raiden
  11. Skarlet
  12. Sub-Zero
  13. Scorpion
  14. Baraka
  15. Sonya
  16. D’vorah
  17. Kano
  18. TER
  19. Frost

That’s the number.

Now one of the vidoes implies that the leaks could be real or fake. which is the Game Zombie video. His argument is that the database can only be edited by people directly tied to the game. Not to mention ed said the roster would contain mostly fan favorites. Though it looks like we are getting 9 if you don’t count the ones you mentioned which have not been officially confirmed but likely will be in the future/

Now if it was real it’s possible that the KOL, TER, and KAN might be code names.

Now Spyrogod video on the other hand believe full on fake. One was Ed boon making the post like this. Both of which are responses to the leak.

He also interpenetrates that Ed boon was implying with these posts that no matter how many times we think we figured out, we will never be entirely accurate. That’s what I cna summarize from those videos. They pretty much tell it better than I could.

Even if it was fake again, Jade was confirmed officially today, so you have nothing to worry about anyway.

I’ve also been hearing that 25 may not be the final roster either. Now if that’s true than I still have hope for Reptile. If not then I’ll wait for DLC before I buy the game.

Those tweets could be interpreted as him just being upset that they were leaked to begin with. Not that they’re fake.

And even with KOL, TER, and CET, that’s 5 new characters and 20 “fan favorites”. I think it makes sense. Though I would love if it were more than 25.

Ok. So these characters have been officially revealed.

1. Scorpion
  2. Sub-Zero
  3. Raiden
  4. Jade
  5. Sonya Blade
  6. Kabal
  7. Kano
  8. Baraka
  9. Skarlet
  10. D’Vorah
  11. Geras

These characters were confirmed by the story trailer

1. Liu Kang
  2. Kung Lao
  3. Cassie Cage

After double checking, These characters are covered by the steam leak.

1. Jacqui Briggs
  2. Rain
  3. Frost
  4. Kotal Kahn
  5. Erron Black
  6. KOL
  7. CET
  8. TER

And these characters have been soft-confirmed by other sources and outlets

1. Kitana
  2. Johnny Cage
  3. Noob Saibot

11+3+8+3=25

• KOL
  • CET
  • TER

Those three might be code names for other characters. Still makes me wondor how someone could leak the roster unless they have some connection to the development team.

Anyway, I’m still waiting for more information to know for sure. Still, I wouldn’t want to ahve another MK game with reptile left out. I’m looking at you MKvsDCU.

Or, like the rest of the characters, they’re just the first three letters of their names and we’re getting a couple newbs. Why would those three, and only those three, be codenames while the rest are just their actual names.

Can’t say for sure, just a possibility, But you could be correct about that. Only thing I can hope for now is if 25 is not the final base roster. Still hoping for Reptile though. Sense he’s my way into touching the game.

For the record I think he might still make it in the base roster, Even if it’s small.

1 Like

Well, one reason is that frequently final character names for new character change late in development. Another reason might be that they want the characters identity to remain a surprise even when some asshat cracks the Steam Database.

I have only watched the Jade trailer so I didn’t see the whole stream. She looks like the main character from Legacy of Kain. It’s okay. I really like that the naked stripper /sex worker vibe is gone. But her moves and animations look very cool. I expect she will be aggravating to play against. She might be quite fun to play but I’m not sure.

Overall I think a good redesign and a great character reveal. Should be a worthwhile addition to the game.

2 Likes

Actually, that was the second game he was absent from (the first being MK Deception). I don’t count MK3 since he got in via UMK3.

So Kain? Or did you mean Raziel, the main character of Soul Reaver? Either way I can see it, they really made her look like an actual assassin this time around.

Yeah true. though the reason why that happened because Reptile’s body was the vessel for Onaga. Never the less I don’t want him to be absent again. Heck even Aeon has only missed two. Sense SC II gives a generic lizardman and not Aeon himself.

Still I do hope he shows up because it might be months before he becomes DLC.

Considering we’re also potentially missing Ermac, Mileena, Kenshi, and Jax, I think a lot of “mainstay” characters are gonna be gone. That’t the problem with MK. They have to many mainstay fan favorites. They take up to many slots. If they want to keep it fresh and interesting they have to leave out a few every so often.

Yeah I meant Raziel. I never played those games so the names don’t come naturally to my mind but I knew it wasn’t Kain.

@Iago407 I just saw her outfits in Max’s breakdown video and I agree about the brown but I think both alternate outfits are terrific. Gorgeous, sexy, visually interesting but not naked. I don’t know why it’s taken so long for the industry to catch up to the idea that there is an alternative to “sex doll” that is still appealing to players, but I’m glad we’re moving in that direction finally…

2 Likes