Mortal Kombat 11

And Scorpion:

6 Likes

WOW! THis game is going to be sooo EPIC!

It is a way to give the idea. Games take things from each other. An instinct like feature was there in I2. Dont bmb.

Tekken and Mortal Kombat failed on the dynamic music department. Just saying.

1 Like

That may be true but not everything. What works for one may not work for the others.

1 Like

WOW, that looks really good! Much like Raiden, I’m digging all the clothing textures. It has a lot going on, but it still doesn’t feel excessively busy. Scorpion’s mask also looks cool. Strange, I was expecting a lot backlash from people angry they put red on the “yellow ninja,” but the reaction around Twitter and MKO seems to be largely positive.

Now, I didn’t think anything of Raiden having red in his outfit, as that’s kind of a staple for Dark Raiden, but seeing Scorpion with the same red color does kinda give me pause. Sure, in MK4, Scorpion had an alt outfit that was gray (with a flaming skull), but typically, Scorpion’s outfit is black and yellow, more recently with metal flourishes on his armor.

Anyone think this might mean something? Just NRS trying to add some depth to his look? Or maybe the red signifies Raiden’s side? Like if Fujin’s in the game, maybe characters that are on his side will have a blue or green accent?

Probably not, but just thought it was an interesting coincidence.

Seeing that the same red exists on two different objects makes me think that maybe they gave him a second colour so that they will not have to change his primary yellow on his shaders. I hope it is not that way and shaders do not exist and the players can choose the colour of every piece individually.

1 Like
  1. A video synopsis/presentation on why Scorpion is that particular color :slight_smile:
    https://youtu.be/dLZXawHKBTA

2. A certain detail that I’ve been wondering about for awhile now: Why exactly are there no (or at least haven’t seen nor known any yet) female members of the Shirai Ryu and overall no female Shirai Ryu? :confused:

Because they’re all dead

Pretty sure Frost was Shirai Ryu, no? I think she’s dead in this timeline, but she did exist at some point.

1 Like

Frost is Lin Kuei actually, not Shirai Ryu.

1 Like

Frost is team Sub-Zero, which is the Lin Kuei clan. Scorpion is Shirai Ryu. ^^
In the MKX story mode she had a cameo where Subbie offered peace to Scorpion so their clans would no longer fight, but being the stupid b*tch she is, she attacked Scorpion, got knocked out and later frozen by Sub-Zero himself to prove that he did not agree with Frost attacking.

2 Likes

Ah. Welp, there we have it :joy:

1 Like

I wouldn’t say Tekken failed. I would agree with MK big time though.

2 Likes

To be fair, KI is the only game that bothered to have proper dynamic music that has multiple triggers for many events during a fight. Tekken and MK went the old basic route, where music only changes each round, which is fundamentally not much different from the “low health” themes that Street Fighter and the old KI games would do (in that there’s only one real trigger).

That said I did like their ideas of using different themes to escalate tension, but the execution (that is, the themes themselves) were sorely lacking compared to both KI and their previous games.

As a whole the Tekken 7 soundtrack isn’t very good, like MKX there are too many quiet tracks designed for atmosphere instead of energy (which I feel MKX did a way better job of in that regard). It’s a real shame Sony made the Jukebox exclusive to the PS4 version of the game, even I ended up making a custom playlist on PS4 since I couldn’t stand how empty many of the default stage tracks are.

1 Like

All this hype of the event in January 17th and we don’t have an idea if the event is veing streamed live or even where it’s taking place.

According to this it will be streamed, and in this day and age it isn’t even a question. The event is going to be held in LA and London, without streaming it would be a very small audience that they would reach.

I’m quite excited to see the gameplay given that the cover art is part of a “leak” that talks about some aspects of it. Not going in-depth on that since we have that rule about leaks here, but yea can’t wait.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Waiting for some substantial news.
I’m not that invested in MK11, but really want to see the new designs and hope Sindel returns

Awesome.
now the question is where?