14. The Temple (MK3)
  15. Sky Temple (MKD)
  16. The Graveyard (MK9)
  17. The Ice Pit (MK4)
  18. The Tower (MK2)
  19. The Palace Gates (MK1)
  20. Shaolin Temple (MK4)
3 Likes

My favourite stage was Shang Tsung’s Garden in MK9, both the night and day versions.
Would love to see that return, now that they’re back on the island.

1 Like

There was some thunderstorm Stage High on a hill and you could knock the opponent down into another brawl area all at night. Can’t remember the name but that one was boss

Hmm, I’m thinking it could be Raiden’s Temple from Mortal Kombat VS DCU?

There was a version of it in Mortal Kombat: Deception too, the Sky Temple:

2 Likes

You just reminded me of how much I want an MKvsDCU 2. Or at least a revisiting of the concept

I didn’t buy the dc game-
It must be the sky temple from Deception
That was the one you could make your own fighter right

the sky temple is from deception.
Armageddon is when you can make your character

1 Like

I’ve been saying this ever since Scorpion got into Injustice 1. And Sub-Zero and Raiden in IJ2 only furthered the point that a MKvDC 2 in the style of Injustice could totally work, and that we don’t need an M rating to make MK characters work (but we also don’t need to make them cartoons like in the first MKvDC).

To be more specific, the Sky Temple stage was in both Deception and Armageddon. Then they revisited the concept with Raiden’s Temple in MKvDC.

2 Likes

Right! Just imagine how awesome some of these Kharacters would be if you amped em up to Injustice levels. Imagine Kitana’s Super move. Or Liu Kang’s. Please NetherRealm, give us Injustice vs. Mortal Kombat.

I hope they have a better customization system from I2. I didnt like the shaders way for coloring or the generic customization parts with huge names for no reason. also I was tired of finding and deleting them because of the without reason few slots. What they should do is 1. to be able for the player to choose the color of every part independently and 2. Every part to be different to each other completely and not to be a plastic square stuck to the body.

I’m sad that this probably means that once again we get no pre-set alternate costumes. I don’t want to make MY version of Sub-Zero, I just want to play as Sub-Zero. I’m sick of all these customization options. This is a fighting game! Not an RPG! If you want to make an RPG, make an RPG, and I will gladly not buy it. Don’t shove the mechanics in games where they don’t belong.

MK vs Injustice might be a thing in the future. I can see it happening.
However, I think the two franchises work better separately. They thrive on different things, and combining them will mean some things will be lost on both accounts.

As for customisation in MK11, from what I’ve gathered of the info we have so far, it appears to be aesthetic only. The gear you gather are only for cosmetic purposes. However, you can also put together your own moveset for each character and make a customised variation.

We still don’t know how it works or what limitations there are though.

I personally love being able to customise characters and put together new costumes. I just didn’t like the stats one the gear pieces which affected gameplay, or the whole RNG loot box system, which I hope won’t return in MK11.

2 Likes

I get what your saying but I love both of these worlds and I want to see them interact more. It’s the same kind of surface level joy that a lot of people got from MvC. This is my MvC. As someone who only kind of enjoys Street Fighter and Marvel, but LOVES DC and Mortal Kombat, I want to see the characters meet again in a game that everyone dosen’t think is a dumpster fire. As long as they package it and sell if right it will be fine. MKvDCU did poorly, despite an actually really good fighting system and crossover mischief, because it was marketed as a Mortal Kombat game with DC characters, and the expected violence from a Mortal Kombat game just wasn’t allowed. If this game was marketed as an Injustice game with Mortal Kombat characters, and people actually expected what they were getting, it would be fine. The key is having Injustice’s name first, signifying that that is the gameplay style that is being used (think Street Fighter x Tekken and Tekken x Street Fighter, the idea was that the gameplay came from the first game in the title). On top of that, a lot of the gimmicks in Injustice actually have their roots in MKvDCU. Close Kombat spawned the Clash system, and the concept behind Freefall Kombat was taken to it’s fullest extent in Stage Transitions. I think this would be amazing.

To be honest, I would think this in a world where MK: Armageddon didn’t exist. It tried to fix that game’s numerous mistakes but was still pretty mediocre in terms of enjoyment value. Also it was ugly and DC had the US version censored slightly more than the other versions (though I’ve seen the uncut version and clearly missed nothing, my principles still stand).

That didn’t help either, when you see basic moves being treated as finishing moves even Create-A-Fatality looks brilliant by comparison. Of course Injustice showed how to do T-rated MK characters properly, so nowadays I would actually prefer a sequel to the crossover game, at least as an apology game for the mediocrity of the first one.

Which is why I also posted this.

I think MK vs INjustice will be an amazing idea! I think its almost time fro that to happen since its been a long time since MK vs DC. That game was trash but now they have the concept and ideas to make it a great game. Although Id rather see MK vs KI :wink:

1 Like

I just want a gritty nasty greasy Denny Devito Penguin
In the next Injustice maybe even guest character for MK 11 lol

BblackorchidD wishlist
Sindel
Fujin
Kenshi
Nightwolf
Ermac
Darrius
Ashrah
Frost
:heart:
ALL REDESIGNED

Sadly I doubt DC wants to bother with Devito, since his portrayal of Penguin was considered one of the big reasons Batman Returns failed at the box office. Also he might charge a fortune for his likeness alone, which DC might not want to pay.

Also almost all of those characters got redesigned in MKX, and if they come back will have a boatload of costumes for MK11 (if Injustice 2 was any indication). I guess if they return you’ll automatically get your wish.

Where’s the source for this?

Updated SlayBerry ShortCake