Mortal Kombat 11

I’m probably gonna try to last minute pre-order a version of it so i get Kahn for free.

1 Like

I will probably preorder the basic version. I bought the first set of DLC characters for MKX and never really played it all that much.

Once I know who’s in i’ll buy it. But six characters? that’s impressive.

I don’t know. For Injustice there were 9 dlc characters and they sold them all together in the ultimate edition. Still that much money for three less characters doesn’t run me the right way.

You gotta remember that it’s the exact same team making both games and a lot of the advancements in one carry to the other. Same with business practices.

I’m getting a real heavy Mortal Kombat Annihilation vibe from Shao Kahn’s design.
:neutral_face:

1 Like

Hah, they removed the Shao Kahn render! I re-uploaded it. :stuck_out_tongue:

that maybe but that doesn’t mean that they repeat the same things over and over either. But anything can change at this point. At least we know that two seasons means more chances to add characters that were left out of the base roster.

I preordred the Premium edition… I put $5 down and each time I go in to Game stop Ill put another 5 or so down till the game releases. IMO thats the best way to do it.

I just buy the games outright once I get my tax return. :smiley:

I generally have all of my taxes completed by mid January and get my return around mid Feb. :smiley:

I’m curious how extensive this will be and how these customization options will be attainable. I’m assuming it’ll be via lootbox and that this will be similar to the gear system in Injustice 2, but maybe not? I dunno, they tend to try to keep those two games separate in most ways.

Either way, it’s intriguing. I mean, if I have Sub Zero, can I use his MKX head, his MK2 mask, his MK:D alt outfit, etc? Or is the customization even more intricate? I also wonder if the idea of variants will be changing. Will we still have three? How separate will their move lists be this time around? Some of the variations in MKX gave characters several moves and made them fight rather differently, but some didn’t.

Hmm… Move sets? God, how would they even balance that if we’re allowed to swap special moves between variations or add or subtract specials as we see fit? I’m sure there will be logical limitations, for sure, but I’m really curious just how deep this personalization system will go. I mean, if move sets are affected, does that mean that each tourney player will have to upload their own individual character? How would that even work?

Not that I particularly care, mind you, as far as the tourney scene goes. MK has always been able to draw a crowd without having to rely on the FGC to get the word out and keep a game going and what not. But I still find this interesting. They’ll have to walk a fine line, I’d think. Either you under deliver and this whole big draw for the game feels superfluous; little more than a tacked on cash grab to some, or you over deliver and it affects the balance of the game. Can’t wait to see what they reveal in this regard.

I’m really hoping that there’s a lot of customization options and it’s not just past outfits and what not. I’m also hoping that this customization doesn’t affect the gameplay too much, as that really would make it feel a bit too close to the gear system, but if that’s the case, then this customization stuff wouldn’t be allowed in tourney play and would thus be more of a moot point in that regard.

6 Battlepass? Not sure what that means. I like the steel case and the 6 characters. Hoping that’s just the first season of content. Also hoping it’s not a bunch of guests and that we can find out for sure before we buy in. If it’s a bunch of horror characters and like 2 MK characters, I’ll probably just pass on those and buy the 2 MK characters, but if it’s 6 MK characters, that’s a different story.

Either way, thanks for the news, man!

I’m gonna place my bets on guest characters now. If it’s anyting like their last two fighters, there will be 4 of them scattered throughout the DLC passes (I’m predicting 2 seasons right now). I’m guessing… Ash Williams, Micheal Myers, Spawn, and… Joker. The last sets of guest characters all had something in common with each other in groups of 2. (Silent Slashers, Alien vs Predator, Mortal Kombat, Indie Comics). So for this one we get two more slasher characters and two exceptionally violent comic books villains. They’ll finally get to do that Joker fatality correctly.

Also: Sweet Tooth on PS4, Shadow Jago on Xbox One, and Bayonetta on Switch

I’m heavily heavily doubting any more ki related activity
but I’d see spinal as a mortal Kombat guest over any other

I already wanted Reptile in but if I wanted to add others it would be Khameleon or another saurian so that we can get more stuff going on for Reptile’s race.

You absolute monster :hushed:

1 Like

Todd McFarlane possibly confirms Spawn in Mortal Kombat 11.

5 Likes

Wow. That’s… unless he’s trolling Todd McFarlane is in for some legal trouble.

Let’s just hope the rest of my guest character predictions come true.

1 Like

Heh. I wouldn’t worry about him. Even setting aside whether or not there are relevant NDA’s in place, WB/NRS would gain precisely nothing from trying to sue Todd McFarlane over an inadvertent Spawn leak. Pursuing legal action against the creator of your guest character before launch would be a PR nightmare.

1 Like

Apparently his reply was removed? They’ve teased Spawn quite a bit in the past and it’s about ■■■■ time he got to properly shine in a violent fighting game

1 Like

It’s not a hard confirm, but a pretty big indication that Spawn could be in MK11.
He’s definitely dancing on the edge though. XD

1 Like

My Arena wish list is as follows.

1. Reptile’s Lair
  2. Living Forest
  3. The Tomb from MK2
  4. Khan’s Arena
  5. The Deadpool
3 Likes