Sub-Zero’s my second favorite but I will always have Reptile on my corner

My faves have always been

Sindel
Kenshi
Nightwolf
Ashrah
Darrius
Ermac

Let’s hope it will be a good game to play and not to watch.

I’m glad to see it’s coming to Switch. And I really like how they’re handling things so far. I really like that blood…very vibrant.
Honestly I didn’t care much for the gore in MKX. To me it seemed like they stopped trying to make it look…what’s the word…awesome? Cool? Bad@ss??..and instead went for gross, like the kind of gross they use in horror movies to get an emotional response of disgust from the audience.

I dunno, I just like what I see so far. I may consider getting it this time around.

I hope they bring back the Cyber Ninjas (Prederable Sektor). Kabul, Frost, and Havik would also be nice.

what I find interesting about this is they are gonna release it in April. 5 months from now? how many characters did they add over that span of time? I have a feeling we are gonna get something HUGE on January 17th. Don’t you all think so?

3 Likes

The fact that it releases in 5 months is more a testament to a relatively late reveal date than anything else. The roster won’t be substantially different than if they’d revealed it back in August or July. As to how many characters will get physically added (coded) in the 5 month window before launch, really depends on their workflow. Characters in KI’s extremely punishing S2 rollout took 3 months from conception to launch from conversations I’ve had, but that schedule was pretty brutal on the devs. Given the solid-ish game balance and amount of single player content NRS games have I’d imagine the timeline from conception to full incorporation of a character is pretty long, though obviously team size/effectiveness could shorten that up to a degree and it’s possible to work on multiple characters at the same time.

4 Likes

Absolutely!
The cool thing is, they are releasing the game around the same time as all their past games! They were all released in April/May. All they did was wait to actually announce the game, so there wouldn’t be long dryspells in between the announcements. From January and forth, we will most likely get several character announcements weekly up until the game is released!

1 Like

Technically yes. Usually when one person on a team is finsihed doing the modeling, rigging, animation, and coding, they pass it onto the next person so they can do any of those things while working on the next. I do that with my brother all the time, When I finish a character model, he rigs it while I work on the next character.

But still a game like this can’t possibly release in 5 months. Itd had to ahve taken a couple years to work on it.

We may end up getting a trailer where they confirm multiple characters.

1 Like

Im sure they will have a Kombat Kast revealing each character each week or so leading up to release. I always enjoyed watching those…so hyped!
You know what else was awesome?? Those MK Master Klass videos where the guy went over each character and shown off several combos, moves, and ended with there Xray. THose were so well put together…I loved those! I hope they do that again too!

1 Like

Sindel Reveal confirmed!

lol

1 Like

Where did u hear that?

Ok. Seriously. How much are we betting this game is gonna cost us? Cause I need to start saving now if it’s anything like I2. These games just keep getting more and more expensive.

And to top it off i’m gonna have to buy it twice! On my Xbox for graphics and my Switch for portability. NetherRealm is probably gonna end up getting $200 out of me. Maybe I’ll wait to buy the Switch version until they re release the ultimate edition with all the dlc and get it for like $20 once it’s on preowned.

This is what worries me more than anything, gaming has changed so much in the past 30 or so years. I think was it DBFZ that cost over £100 for the ultimate edition? If I’m paying over a £100 for a game (although I never would) then I’m expecting something pretty big. The ghost of Bruce Lee to come to my house and talk me through the system for instance.

I’m sure it will be a phenomenally awesome game with incredible quality, but I just can’t throw down goodness knows how much to own the thing. Screenshots look ace though

As much as I like MK the gameplay never grabs like KI or Street fighter. I get in to it but I don’t usually stick around for more than a month. I went all in at launch for MKX and got the deluxe edition with the season pass. I wish I would have waited for the XL edition though that’s constantly on sale. MK isn’t a game I care for competitively so there’s no harm in waiting to get everything at a discount…

I bet I’ll still end up getting it for full price though on Xbox and switch… Interested to see how it stacks up on switch. I love my switch but these big AAA games that get ported never fare well from my experience. Hopefully netherealm make a custom version for switch to maintain 60fps because that won’t be the case if it’s a dumbed down port.

I would guess that the game will have a “basic” $59.99 USD release, together with a $20 season pass and a $99 “deluxe” edition that includes the season pass and some skins. Etc.

Then I’m six months you will get a second character pack for $20. If you add in a few costumes here and there my guess is you will be able to spend $150 on MK11 if you want everything day one.

If you wait until April 2020 you will likely be able to get all the content for $39.99 and by April 2021 it will be $19.99.

The relative value of things, and whether they are “worth it” depends on how much money you have, what else you might spend it on, how much time and satisfaction you would get out if MK11 etc. So I would never argue about that with anyone. Make up your own mind and act accordingly.

But please, for the love of god, don’t do what all the keyboard warriors of the world do- which is:
See the game
Want the game
See the price
Check your pockets
Realize you can’t buy the game
Pretend that this means the price is somehow “unfair” or “immoral” or a “cash grab” or “greedy.”

People make stuff and then they sell it. If you can’t afford it, or don’t want to pay that’s fine. But it isn’t the sellers fault you don’t want to pay. It’s greedy to think you should get stuff without paying for it.

If you want to pay $59.99 for the game you will have the option to do that. But you won’t get all the content. This isn’t developers “carving up the game and charger more money.” Or any of the other weird new economic inventions of entitled gamers - all of which are just elaborate frameworks to justify their greed in wanting all the content developers make without paying.

4 Likes

Looking at the main site, http://mortalkombat.com/, the Standard Edition, which contains the main game, is 60 dollars, and the Premium Edition, which contains the Kombat Pack (Season 1 Pass) and a steel case for the game (unless ordered digitally, of course), is a 100 dollars.

Meaning the Kombat Pack is 40 dollars on its own. What exactly it will contain is not sure yet.

Btw, each pre-order guarantees you access to the Beta which will be out in March.

1 Like

Some new info and Shao Kahn render:

Translated from: https://www.gamestop.it/PS4/Games/112980/mortal-kombat-11-premium-edition

"Mortal Kombat is back and is more fit than ever in this new and fantastic evolution of the iconic title. Now you can customize the variants of your fighters down to the smallest detail, gaining unprecedented control over the aesthetics of the characters. The new graphic engine renders in the smallest details every crushed skull and torn heart, immersing yourself completely in the action of the most bloody scenes. In addition, the new list of fighters includes unpublished characters and the Klassics of the series , protagonists of fantastic movies in the story mode of the epic saga that has been going on for more than 25 years.

• New game engine, with even more bloody and bloody scenes
    - New personalization system, with clothes, accessories and move sets never seen before
  • New Fatality as well as a new GoreTech system to make the performances even more brutal
    - Very strong multiplayer component, entirely oriented towards the esports: personalization systems, daily news, constantly updated rewards and an improved matchmaking

Additional Contents
The Premium Edition includes:

• Steelcase
  • Kombat Pass: 6 characters & 6 Battlepass"
3 Likes

Not gonna be getting this game this time around at release.

But happy for those I got their wishes granted for a new MK.

1 Like