Mortal Kombat 11

I absolutely hated the music in the MKX reveal trailer, and absolutely hate the music in the MK11 trailer. But in the end, it doesn’t matter. What matters is that MK11 was announced! And all the info to come over the next few months as the game is already out in April!

2 Likes

Delia was actually shown in one of the MKX endings, and she looked very similar to her MK:Armageddon appearance. As I said before, this could be the woman from Jade’s ending, but in her true form.

On a side note, they’re making a Switch version? I wonder how much they can cram into that version and still keep stable performance? No offense to Switch owners, but I’ve seen how some of those ports turned out.

It will be weird - if it’s true - if Cage,Sonya,Reptile,Kano and few others aren’t in the game.I’m still pumped over the game though and think it will be amazing.

I want Nunchaku Liu Kang

Also, I want less strict special cancels plz

This is awesome
I am intrigued by the female character hope she’s a sub boss
Looks to be the same graphics engine as Injustice2 which was amazing.
I hear a lot of the same sound effects as well

Loving that they seem to bringing back the weapons mode for each character

I could’ve done without the music because you know it’s not included in the game itself- odd marketing

The promo gives me Injustice2 vibes when it was released and all w saw was a shadow of robin, a glimpse of poison Ivy’s hand & months later teases galore

Here comes the 2019 troll train- Ed boon just better deliver the Queen- Sindel

Yeah, nice trailer. Not a fan of the song/music in this trailer though but it is what it is…

A lot of weapon fighting going on? are they trying to advertise a new feature?

1 Like

Wow, didn’t expect that one. April 23 is the Tuesday after Easter, by the way.

2 Likes

I pre-ordered my copy already. I’m set. :skull:

Are you talking about the leak video discussion from Max (posted above) where he mentions the characters that the leak said are not playable or are you hearing this form someplace else? Just curious.

If it’s form the Max video, he mentions Cage, Sonya, Kano, Goro, Baraka, Mileena and Fera Torr. Those names all kinda make sense to me. I feel like Cage and Sonya were such a big part of the last game that it’s not the worst thing for them to sit out a game. Baraka and Mileena were killed in the story. Goro, as a sub-boss type of character, usually tends to sit out for a bit and then come back, so that makes sense and FT was, I’d assume, one of the less popular new characters.

As for Kano, the guy is in most games, so it’ll be weird not having him in MK11 as well, if this is actually legit, of course, but who knows… Maybe we’ll get his son?

I would assume so. Looking back at the MKX trailer, they did reveal a lot of the new fighting mechanics via the cinematic trailer, so MK11 shouldn’t be any different.

One thing I REALLY want, is no more multiple variations of characters.

1 Like

I will pre-order once I know for sure if Reptile is confirmed.

you can customize character outfits now, it seems.

But for the game to come out in April? they must’ve really worked their butts off to have it out in a view months.

3 Likes

Screenshots look good so far.

It looks stunning, imo.

From what we see, it definitely looks like the graphics aren’t as desaturated like they were in MKX, which makes me happy! I loved how colourful MK9 was, and MKX had this brown/blue filter over it which I think was a shame, because it was otherwise graphically stunning! MK11 seems to take the best of both games and made it better. The screenshots look absolutely beautiful.

I would have to see some in-game footage before I am fully convinced though, but from what we’ve seen, it looks great so far. Let’s just hope they have polished those animations too though.

1 Like

This is definitely true.

As for the rest of it, Scorpion killed Sub zero in the MK X trailer. None of that is meaningful and as was the case with the MKX trailer most of the fight is just eye candy and has no meaning for the game. The things we can glean from the trailer, in my opinion are:

1. They will use weapons
  2. The super moves will show blood spurts but not be x-rays.
1 Like

Well would you look at that, MK11 is a thing. And it looks like time travel and Elder God’s are involved as a good way to make a reason why people can keep killing each other infinitely lol. It also means dead characters can come back, like Mileena!

Shao Kahn as a pre-order bonus is kinda neat.

Now…if the game looks as good as the Steam store screenshots imply (I’m skeptical but optimistic) this will be a VERY pretty game. That, and the blood looks AWESOME in the trailer.

1 Like

Yes,from the video from Max posted above.2 more characters rumored to also be left out are Kung Lao(i won’t believe that until I see it) and Reptile.Take that with a grain of salt though,we all know how people love to make up crap.I also think if Kano does get left out we do get his son.With Cassie in the game now,I can see why they might drop Sonya and Johnny as she’s really a combination of both anyway(moves wise).I’m fine with that too-no reason to have all 3 in it when she can pretty much represent them both on her own.I don’t mind sacrificing a few regulars for fresh new characters.Will just be weird not seeing a few of the mainstays not in it.

I enjoyed MKX, I just felt it was really kinda clunky sometimes. (Also because for some reason I didn’t like Sub-Zero’s moveset in the game even though I’m a Sub Loyalist and dropped him for Johnny Cage :joy: )

But I saw something about Animation Canceling? Which might be good for the series, as it may increase the speed at which the game plays and the flow of the combat.

1 Like

An excellent breakdown of the trailer:

2 Likes