Mortal Kombat 11

Well, i do not know the US hours, just many people were speaking about it in this way.

1 Like

The US has three or four time zones.

1 Like

So Kotal is now Incan Tusk and Jacqui is Sagat with Missiles.

Still not impresses with these guys tbh.

I dunno, I think they improved Jaqui a TON. I wasn’t that in to her fighting styles and all the rocket stuff she had in MKX, but I love the muay thai stuff, the kicks, that awesome grapple that gives her multiple options (that’s one of my favorite things in fighting games tbh), and I think she looks a million times better and more unique. I don’t know if she’ll be my main, but I definitely see some stuff that will make me want to use her. Great fatal blow and solid fatality.

I will say this though… For all the people complaining about Jaqui being in the game at all, I think they’ve done a great job with her. She’s definitely unique. Much more so than she was in the last game.

As for Kotal, that side sawing move looks BRUTAL. Freakin loved that. Glad the discus is back and I dug the whirling version of the move as well. It also seems like he has more sword stuff going on, which I like. The cat stuff looks super fun. I like the whole mauling on the ground thing. Seems kinda strange that he can suddenly turn in to a cat, but whatever. I’m still here for it!

I like what they did with the totems and kind of evolving that whole aspect, but I’m still not a huge fan of passive buffs, at least not in terms of wow-factor. That said, he still has some great moves and I agree with them on the idea that he’s much more sub-boss feeling now. Lots of size, lots of style, and lots of damage. I’m glad he’s back, and that fatality was pretty awesome too.

I think they both have a lot more going on than those two characters, but not an entirely inaccurate assessment of perhaps the bones of the characters. There’s some comparisons to be made there, but I think there’s more than enough to differentiate them.

1 Like

For me it was the best kast. I liked kotal kahn and jacqui looks fun. The stages are awesome.

I don’t know. I mean, Jacqui looks good, but you can only get so excited for a character you don’t like no matter how much they polish them. I still would have dropped her from the roster. Honestly, a lot of the MKX newbies would probably have been dropped in my ideal roster. They just, didn’t grab me or stick with me. Erron Black would have if he used his guns a bit more, but he left me disappointed (I want him to fight more like how he did in his X-Ray Move or I2 Deadshot). Kotal looks cool but he still dosn’t have a personality which grabs me.

Wow Kotal Kitty looks amazing… :joy_cat:

1 Like

I just watched the trailer. I’m seeing a lot more TJ combo in Jacqui than Sagat. But she also has a pretty wide variety of moves, and seems to be very active and fast. This should make some people who have been worrying about the pace of the game happy. She definitely looks interesting.

Kotal continues to look very cool. Yeah, he has a sword but I am not seeing much in the way of Tusk in his gameplay. I haven’t looked at too much but I’m always kind of impressed that NRS doesn’t just cut and paste all the moves between games.

Edit: and his orchid cat is a pretty awesome (and unexpected) development. Gets my vote for coolest intro so far.

4 Likes

Not a fan of the initial Jacqui reveal but I agree it’s a lot like KI: characters look wayyy better in actual gameplay. She turned out awesome in my opinion.

Kotal and Dvorah were my favorites out of the new additions to the MK world and Kotal continues to be cool, even now he does.

Wasn’t interested in another 2D fighter but this trailer has me second-guessing…

1 Like

I just wish NRS would take a bit longer to put out the games and include a larger roster, that way they can satisfy more people. I understand that they are perfectly fine with the system they have and they have no reason to change and that a lot of people don’t think they need to change, but in my opinion that’s the best way to fix these roster problems.

I am not up to date on mk11 but there is a roster problem?

Some people want trilogy characters and some people want 3D era characters. We’re on the verge of being as split as the Sonic fandom.

Ah, I see. Thanks

Kotal Kahn looks awesome!!! THe dude is one of the best made MK characters ever IMO. Jaqui looks much better and I like her future tech. I would ratehr see her as teh underground put fighter though… the version shown off in teh MKX comics…that style to me fits her better. Seems her and Cassie have both went super high tech like their FUture tech skins from MKX.

But Kotal…WOW…I cant wait to see Kotal vs Shao… my money is on Kotal!!!

So I lost my pre order beta code on my recepit…I threw the bottom half away…SMH. But I called Customer service and they gave me a new coe. I heard rumor though it wont work sicne its after March 15th. I loaded it up and it took the code. But I still only have the MK stress file on my games list. Hopefully all will work out next week.

1 Like

I can see how Kotal can be compared to Tusk. He seems cool though. I like what they did with his sword.

Jacqui seems like Josie from Tekken. Helps that they seem to do the same Kickboxing style as well. The cancels are interesting though and makes me want to play the character.

1 Like

I now demand art of Kitty Kat Kotal Kahn.

3 Likes

I demand a plushie of it.

Kotal looks like so much fun but so unsafe. Probably going to pick him up as a secondary or tertiary character because he’s just so cool in terms of looks. I’m really into the jaguar and totems, totems especially because I want to see how many ways you can actually summon them in safe situations.
With Jacqui, it was definitely a lot more TJ than anyone else. She’s no longer the Full Auto spammer and has some interesting projectiles. I wonder if the Aegis shield type move has more uses outside of throws and Fatality.
They put a lot of emphasis on the C2E2 panel so Friday should be a really good day for news too. I’m assuming they will reveal one of the new charactersat the event like Cetrion or Kollector and perhaps Spawn as the first DLC, no better place to announce him than a comic expo, right?

1 Like

i dont want to preorder this game, but ■■■■ i want kotal lol. i always liked him, he was my favorite new guy from MKX so im down to play him again. i just dont want to get the game already, im currently budgeting really hard for a project and i gotta stick to my plan or ill open the flood gates and off i go spending big time lol

1 Like

Caught up on the VOD. Jacqui has a lot that’s interesting in her wheel of options, though the jumping stuff (basically Cheetah’s shtick from I2) fell a little flat for me. The grabs and such were pretty cool, and reminded me of Gargos’ devil’s divide command grab options. Visually I think they’ve done a great job with the top half of her (seriously love the different hairstyles!), but for whatever reason I didn’t like the look of a lot of her leg stuff. Her Muay Thai stance looks awkward on the leg side, like they twisted her body halfway so that she keeps that standard MK pose. Some of the kicks look good, others feel awkwardly detached from how the rest of her body is moving.

Kotal looks pretty cool. One or two big sword swings doesn’t make him Tusk, but it’s nice to see they’ve incorporated it into a lot of his normals. The cat intro is definitely slick, but his most interesting stuff to me was still the command grabs. His totems are still an interesting concept, but we’ll have to see how they actually pan out in gameplay. I feel like passive buff designs are hard to make work at higher level.

The 16Bit v Dizzy fights were really good this week though. The game definitely still has cool combos and all that, especially once you get in the corner.

2 Likes