Marvel Vs Capcom: Infinite

Love these ideas! As far as the X-Men go, it’d be nice to see some other characters that we haven’t seen before (Mr. Sinister maybe? ) or maybe haven’t seen in a while (Omega Red?), but yeah, that’s a good group. Also like Rashid bing in the SF group. I wouldn’t mind seeing one or two other SFV characters in there as well.

Also love the list from the Ultra version, though I’d probably want less roster overlap from UMVC3. I know you just took these from forum suggestions, but personally, I’d like to see a different Darkstalkers character than Felicia since she’s been a bunch. Maybe Rikuo or Donovan? Great idea using Rival Schools characters as well as Super Ace!

Awesome stuff, man!

I should clarify… I’m not saying that ALL legacy characters should be kicked to the curb in favor of someone that’s similar to them or some deep cut or whatever. I’m just saying that I’d like to see a better mix of new and returning characters as well as a few more surprises. As it stands, this current vanilla roster looks way too much like UMVC3 to me.

It’s nice that the DLC characters are new, at least. I’m really curious about a few of them.

This is my perspective. If you are going to have mostly legacy characters, you better have a lot of characters then. A small roster of old characters is just bad. Have a large roster of reused characters would be better than a small one. If you are going to have a small roster, a lot of them better be new. You could see the difference in quality with new characters (such as Jedah and Ultron) compared to someone like Spencer or Chris.

2 Likes

Thank you! Nothing feels better than hearing from someone who likes your ideas.

I desperately wanted to put in a new x-men character. Mr. Sinister was one I thought about. But, in the end, I decided against it because this pack was about giving people back what they’d lost, as far as the X-Men goes.

As for the UMvC overlap. Yeah, I hear ya. That’s completely valid. Felicia’s just my favorite Darkstalker. And if I hadn’t included her, I’d have probably gone for Dimitri. I was more consernd with adding variety to the capcom side. Rather than a ton or newcomers. I also don’t like it when a franchise is cut from a crossover like this. (I play a lot of Smash Bros), so putting back characters from franchises that were removed in their entirety was crucial.

As for the last bit. About citing legacy characters. It’s a double edged sword. Everyone who talks about this game essentially is saying “there are to many characters from the last game, and to top it off, they’re not even the right ones!” That’s confusing for a developer. That’s why I tried to offer a mix.

1 Like

So!

Played it a few minutes. It’s fun! Combo system is gonna be hard for me since I’m relearning EVERYTHING, and have to break MVC3 muscle memory, but it’s a cool game overall.

1 Like

Totally understandable. I think one new X-Men character would be nice, but yeah, having many of the old crew back would be great as well and I see why you want those characters specifically.

I like Felicia, don’t get me wrong. I’d probably rather see her than Morrigan actually. I was honestly trying to decide between Donovan and Dimitri, so yeah, good call there as well!

Gotcha. I will say that I liked many of the relatively deep cuts in UMVC3, like Firebrand, Arthur, etc, but the fact that this MVCI roster looks so much like the last roster, including those deeper cuts… I’d have to think a developer would understand that while people liked the last lineup, they don’t want the same exact thing all over again, right?

Ah well, here’s hoping we see some cool DLC that really gives this roster some extra punch. Definitely hope they can keep the DLC train going for a while as well and that maybe you can get your DLC vision realized in some way, shape or form! I know I’d be a fan of that for sure.

Glad it’s fun! Any characters you’ve taken a shining to already in the few moments you’ve had with it?

Too much spider man isn’t what’s wrong within MvC as a series, but Ryu could be replaced by any of the fifteen other Shoto characters from SF and it would at least give them a different look. Put in Blanka and 12. So much untouched SF and Darkstalkers they could delve into. Capcom has a huge library and they barely scratch the surface.

2 Likes

Max talks about the netcode:

I’ve just been messing around, but I wanted to play Spencer, since I never got the chance to play him in MVC3. He’s really cool, and hype to watch.

1 Like

I’m in college, and my pre-ordered copy of the game is at my home a couple of hours away. Needless to say, I can’t play it till Thanksgiving. But when I do pick it up, I’m definatley gonna be looking into Jedah, Dormammu, X, Ryu, Morrigan, and Captain Marvel.

1 Like

I’ve found a character.

Gonna dust off the camera again, and go with my main man Frank West.

Can I ask for some help. I’m trying to write little blurbs to describe my additional characters backstories and game play, like the ones on the website. But I’m bad at summarizing backstories, and the one’s I’ve been writing are two long and wordy. I would like some help, if you are willing DM me, and I’ll share more details on what I would need.

I’ve done a second set of addition characters. A second character pass as a counter to the one we know we are getting, this one with four capcom characters and 2 marvel characters. I decided on using The Leader and Blade from Marvel, Vile from Mega Man X, Baby Bonnie Hood from Darkstalkers, Edward Falcon from Power Stone, and Regina from Dino Crisis.

He’s become more godlike, lol

Trying to find a clearer gif

5 Likes

That’s funny. Lol love nods to bigger pictures yuk yuk

Played through some of the missions for like 30 minutes tonight. Have a feeling I’m going to be using auto combos for the majority of my play time. :unamused:

its worth doing the grind. autocombos dont do as much damage as real combos.

on the topic of combos i feel like spreading the word of streams that show off the game and what it can do at a high level. stuff like team spooky which is live right now. fLoE is apretty cool stream as well

2 Likes

I don’t really like doing missions besides for completion. I feel the best way to learn the game is to go to trianing mode and set fight request on. This way, you can get a balance of playing both the neutral game and have decent execution. Arcade mode also works as well. Having a blast with this game.

2 Likes

Question. Are there endings after beating arcade mode? Fighting games seem to be omitting them lately.

Nope. You get a congratulations in boring font and then you go to the credits.

Crap. What is it with Japanese game companies thinking a cinematic story mode means no endings. Every NRS game has had BOTH.

2 Likes