Marvel Vs Capcom: Infinite

Monster Hunter, Winter Soldier, Black Widow and Venom confirmed. Sigma and Black Panter were already confirmed long ago

Which is weird, 4 Marvel and 2 Capcom chars instead of 3-3. I assume that the next DLC would likely be 4 Capcom and 2 Marvel

IMO, Winter Soldier isn’t a great addition. Lots of great characters would be cooler

1 Like

Nicky would have a word with you lol

I’m cool with it. Then again I dunno if I’ll ever get this game.

there is a capcom character names Black Widow. She was from Saturday Night Slam Masters. But it would be weird for them to use her instead of Natasha.

Shows where there priorities are.

Who actually wanted Winter Soldier? Disney?

Let’s be real. Would Capcom really acknowledge Saturday Night Slam Masters like this?

I can actually think of why they would

I mean, wasn’t Haggar from there too?

Which is why I can see her getting in. So she can team up with Haggar

Ooooh… funny how I just suggested this and then she’s there.
One down, a few more to go…

So the game to unlocks at 9am tomorrow and not midnight tonight? That sucks.

3 Likes

That’s the SF2 ending Chun-Li

5 Likes

As far as potential goes, Black Widow and Winter Soldier seem like lame picks. If they want characters from the cinematic universe, Scarlet Witch, Vision, and Ant-Man are way more interesting than those two. The rest of the pass is good.

As for Capcom’s Black Widow, it would be much cooler to have her instead of the Marvel one. Hopefully the pass isn’t four Marvel characters.

1 Like

They’re on the same playing field as Chris and Hawkeye, if not even higher due to Black Widow having her several gadgets and Winter Soldier having his cyborg arm.

Not all characters need to have superpowers, imo.

That said, would still love to see Scarlet Witch and Vision in the game.

1 Like

Even if characters don’t need to have super powers, these two seem to have themes that already exist in game. Assuming both are based on gunplay and stuff like that, why include them when we have characters like Gamora, Dante, Chris, and Spencer (in the case of robo-arm punching)? Not having super powers is fine, but imo Winter Soldier and Widow don’t seem to offer anything new to the roster. I feel like other characters could have offered much more unique styles.

Maybe wait until you see how their gameplay will be like before saying they “won’t offer anything new”. FFS, Gamora has a sword and two guns, just like Dante and Deadpool in MvC3, yet she plays nothing like them.

And you want Scarlet Witch when we already have Doctor Strange who can practically do the same thing. Do you know what that’s called? Hypocrisy.

Even if these characters play different, it kills the variety when so many characters are gun focused. I would much rather see something completely new than more military types. Even if we don’t know how they play, people know enough about the characters to speculate that they will likely be CQC and/or gun focused.

As for Scarlet Witch, I was thinking an emphasis on mind control where she would manipulate the enemy’s movement (similar to Quan Chi’s trance).

I’m actually more excited for Venom and The Monster Hunter.

I hope she’s cool. Gonna be analyzing her like crazy, because I play MH a lot lol

Sad that it doesn’t unlock at midnight. That’s a bad move, tbh.

1 Like

I’ve been told the Monster Hunter uses a Greatsword. Can’t wait to land those LVL 3 charges during combos

1 Like

Here are my ideas for how capcom should expand this games roster in the future.

X-Men vs. Street Fighter Expansion: Containing new characters and a new story campaign, Charles Xavier has entered some of his X-Men in the World Warrior Tournament post convergence, investigating a possible alliance between M. Bison and Magneto.

New Characters from the X-Men include Wolverine, Cyclops, Storm, Psylocke, Magneto, Deadpool, Sentinel, and Juggernaut. Alongside new characters from the Street Fighter series like Akuma, M. Bison, Cammy White, Blanka, Gill, Juri Han, Rashid, and Poison

Ultra Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite: A whole new batch of characters and a new story campaign to boot. With Ultron Sigma defeated, a new alliance of villains, headed by Dr. Doom and Albert Wesker, known as the Cabal, threatens the security of these merge realms. What’s more, Loki has taken control of Xgard! Could these events be connected? Find out in this brand new expansion to the Marvel vs. Capcom World.

New Marvel Characters Include Ant-Man, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, The Vision, Black Bolt, Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, Star-Lord, The Human Torch, Dr. Doom, The Mandarin, The Red Skull, Loki, and Blackheart. Alongside new Capcom fighters like Felica and Jon Talbain from Darkstalkers, Trish from Devil May Cry, Jill Valentine (Based on her moveset and appearance from Marvel vs. Capcom 2) and Albert Wesker from Resident Evil, Amaterasu from Ōkami, Viewtiful Joe, Phoenix Wright from Ace Attorney, Captain Commando, Jin Saotome from Cyberbots, Batsu and Akira from Rival Schools, Asura from Asura’s Wrath, Tessa from Red Earth, and the Super Ace from Capcom’s first ever arcade hit 1942!

So, what do you guys think? A lot of my picks came from what i have read on this forum, but I must have missed some cool character ideas. What would you like added to the game?

Edit: See Capcom, roster selection isn’t hard. Just look at what people say on the internet, look at what you have to promote in the future, and look back at your history for something interesting. We know you can do it!

2 Likes

I agree that it sucks that there are no X-Men in this game, but honestly, there are some characters that many would call “legacy” that I’m rather sick of seeing game after game. I’d love to see some new characters from games where we seem to get the same entries each time.

Like I said above, we get Ryu, Chun Li, Morrigan, Captain America, Hulk and Spider Man in every game. Meanwhile, the last game (UMvC3) had Ghost Rider, Hawkeye, Iron Man, Doctor Strange, Thor, Dormammu, Nova, Rocket Racoon, Firebrand, Arthur, Strider, Nemesis, Frank West, Chris Redfield, Dante, Haggar, Spencer, and Zero.

So who’s actually new for this game versus the previous one? Mega Man X, Jedah, Gamora, Ultron, Thanos… That’s it. Maybe I’m missing some characters or the info I looked up was wrong, but releasing a brand new game that has a roster that tends to skew fairly large and these are the only new characters?

Why not deep six some of the more overused commodities and shake things up? Instead of Ryu, have Ken or Sagat? Instead of Chun Li, how about Juri or Laura?

They did that in the last one. They mixed Mega Man in favor of Zero. Nobody liked that either.