Marvel Vs Capcom: Infinite

I’m pretty happy with the roster for the game. As far as the Capcom side goes, I only really wanted Nemesis and Phoenix Wright. It would be great to see Lord Raptor as DLC and to have Bison be a villain to rep SF (maybe use Final Bison for his moveset to fit the craziness).

The Marvel side is pretty good for me. I’m a huge Avengers fan, and I love Marvel villains, so Ultron and Thanos are my boys. Aside from Wolvie, I never really cared for the X-Men. I hope we get to see Ant-Man, Wasp, Drax (as another grappler), and Yondu (as a zoner). The game looks super fun to me, and I just really want Ant-Man so I can have a perfect roster.

sigh… still no John Tolbian… :disappointed_relieved:

Eh, don’t get me wrong, I definitely see why xmen are absent, and I’m willing to accept it. My issue is, as @Sasuke99I pointed, how the way Capcom managed it was a tremendous PR disaster.

The reason why I don’t like the decision of leaving legacy chars out is the way they “compensate” us:

-Most of the returning chars are copy&paste from UMvC3. I appreciate more characters like Rocket, who at least got some new tricks, than characters that are basically what they always were without innovation. I could accept this in a big roster… but this is not one
-Thanos is a returning character, but gameplay wise, he is 100% new. His MVC2 counterpart was obsolete, so he was fully reworked. This is great! I would love to see this in more characters
-Almost no new characters. And I’m sure the cooler ones will be DLC.
-Capcom side is super disappointing.
-The overall roster size is ridiculously small,considering there are few new characters, we don’t have legacy chars (so their absent is more notorious), and most returning chars are copy paste from the previous game.

Ok, you leave legacy chars out. Ok, I can understand that. But then give us something to forget this!!

The returning chars have little to no evolution from their previous game? Then put a TON of them! MvC2 already did this, and it worked!

Legacy chars like Wolverine or Doom are out? Then put some great new chars! Ultron is a great example, we need more! Don’t have the guts to say “Magneto is out, but Nova fills the same function!”.

I can’t help to see this game as a rushed one, produced quickly and as cheap as possible to milk money from us. I don’t see the love for the franchise from the Devs. Sure, they got good choices here and here (Ultron, Thanos , infinity gems…), but that’s not enough for me

1 Like

There was an interview a while ago that said that when the devs made the roster they were more concerned with making an interesting story rather than worrying about licensing for characters. This plus the rumors of a dlc charecter pack titled of streetfighter vs xmen makes me feel like they only chose charecters that they could easily form a narrative story with for a team up story For their starting roster

Charecters like Jack baker from RE7 would be too hard to fit into a story mode. Is he a good guy? Bad guy? If bad then under whose allegiance ultron or jedah? Other single universe charecters like Asura(who is arguably too powerful to fit into the narrative) and etc. seemed to be too hard to fit into this story cutscenes they have going on. Any other extra characters that people want that has nothing to do with the story and it’s cutscenes will be relagated to dlc.

I’m not sure how to feel about this if I’m right. Big cutscenes story modes are cool but not if it limits the starting rosters who will take part in the story mode. If that’s the case a normal arcade mode with an ending boss would be preferable with a few stills of lore slapped on.

This is the curse of narrative in fighting games. In this one and in games like Mortal Kombat or Injustice. The DLC characters are free from the restriction of narrative significance. As this, the more interesting ones, who likely could not be fit into the story? Are saved for DLC

I also wouldn’t be surprised if marvel fished out a deal to add a couple xmen to the game so long as it’s not in the starting roster/story mode to reduce the amount of money and resources they would need to pay the VA and animators doing the cutscenes on the story mode on the competitors license. At the very least

My idea an X-Men vs Street Fighter pack

X-Men
Wolverine
Cyclops
Psylocke
Magneto
Sentinel
Deadpool

Street Fighter
M. Bison
Cammy
Akuma
Dan
Juri
Rashid

1 Like

I heard Gill was being considered. His moves would be perfect for a MVC environment. Especially his resurrection super :joy:

If only

And other DLC packs could be themed as well. Like Defenders vs. Final Fight etc.

My character that I really wanted to see added was Poison from Final Fight/Street Fighter. I also liked the idea of Jill Valentine coming back the way she was in MvC2. Blackheart maybe, Asura, Black Widow, Scarlet Witch. Felicia definatley. Trish from Devil May Cry. Vision and Ant-Man. So many possibilities.

I also liked the idea of having a couple of guest characters. My ideas were Heihachi Mishima and Shantae for the Capcom side, and Darth Vader and Scrooge McDuck for the Marvel side. :wink:

According to online outlets, they plan on making this game a platform, like Killer Instinct and what Street Fighter V is still trying to be. So, hopefully, we get a ton more content and top the roster size of Marvel vs. Capcom 2. That’s my dream.

And I don’t mind paying any extra for it. I supported KI sense Season 1. I payed full price for EVERYTHING, except skins. I finally consider KI to have enough content to be a full game, and i’ve paid over 90 bucks for it. That mindset has prepared me for MvCI

Edit: Side note, even though it probably won’t happen in this game either, it has always bothered me that NO members of the Fantastic Four have been here. EVER. Give me my Human Torch, Thing, Maybe do Mr. Fantastic and Invisible Woman as a team up character like Noob-Smoke.

I thought it was MvC 2 that had that problem?

ALL MvC games have that problem. TOD’s are basically a rite of passage for the franchise :joy:

2 Likes

Saw a good one the other day. Ghost Rider and Jedah = Bloody Hell

1 Like

The old themes are still in the game!

That’s just a credits song though so it doesn’t mean as much.

Speaking of the themes, why are all of the Marvel themes replaced with these generic movie soundtracks? Why do they all sound like this?

The Capcom themes sound ok (some sound weird though), but I prefer the UMVC3 soundtrack overall. Especially after they butcher the Marvel themes by swapping something like this with this trash.

1 Like

Oh can you upload the match!! I loved using Ghost Rider when I tried MvC3 :smile:

Because they want to market the MCU. Hopefully, when the X-Men come back, they’ll have their old themes.

This might be the best song in the whole game:

I have to learn Chris just for this. It’s a remix of Assault Fire, which was a theme for Resident Evil 5’s Mercenaries Mode.

That’s so sick!