#make sadira instinct great again

@TheKeits @TempusChaoti @rukizzel all im about complaining is about us own character( sadira) yall never gonna see or ear me complain about thunder or jago because they are killer machine ( sadira’s players are not haters at all! like some people enjoying the nerf from others.
we (sadira players) just want to be equal with every characters, cause at this moment we have to do more combo when other do 1 we has to do 2 or 3 thats just insane and frustrating for us (sadira players)

When the patch 3.4 came out , manny sadira players came back with a positif hope, but after 3 weeks ( here a sample all time big sadira player @iamthe411 aka ua the saltgod “” a sadira twich streamer" tried to give her a chance again but he only dropped her again and tried to go farther with kim wu, he finally not enjoyed that much with kim wu, what he did? he stopped streaming KI :sleepy: cause he cannot really be himself in another character. and from there i dont even see him again in KI :cry: he was my model for playin sadira, i learn alot lookin at his stream, but ok its life.

just a sample( look at how happy is flash cause now he can really enjoy his character :grin: :heart_eyes: and thats the goal. we (sadira players )are happy for the wulfs players too
cause we are not haters!!! and the wulf needs this buffs . :blush: even if hes the baddest MU for sadira players lol, we just respect thats all! @SoSRaGnArOk isn’t it right tho? :relieved:

After that i saw most of them (sadira players disappears and myself too im on aria now( cause sadira is just too technical and we must do verry verry too much to kill someone, there is always that little piece of damage lacking in some sadira enders and in shadow recluse

@SoSRaGnArOk correct me sista spider :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: if i said something wrong .

Cinder can change his trajectory in air, but it is slow, Rash’s Mobility only works 2 ways, Tongue or wrecking ball and both are very slow or long motions. Sadira is by far the fastest in the air. Sadira can kill you without Flipout too, A lot of characters struggle to anti air Sadira. Mainly because her double jump control can bait them out or keep her at a safe height. That is what she has. Cinder can be hard to anti air but, his mobility is all trail blazer. It’s also easy to tell when he is willing to get close because you’ll be globbed up. Sadira is Air Rushdown, Cinder and Rash don’t really qualify for that. While rash can move around in the air, it isn’t hard to stop him when he does something. Tongue loses to a DP if he doesn’t land on the ground and block. Cinder most of the time is looking to cover ground, and explode bombs to have a safe decent. Sadira will put you in block stun and set you up for a vortex of crossups or toe taps until one of them lands, or hit you with pixel width crossups. It isn’t about having juggles really, most of the characters can juggle now, it’s about what the characters mobility is, and how it can be used. Only Cinder can get as high in the air as Sadira can, but he goes up with trail blazer then falls straight down, he cannot change his trajectory on the way down like Sadira can, he cannot do crossups near as fast at Sadira which can tick throw into combo, neither can Rash. The amount of pressure Sadira can put on you while being Airborne is the best in the game because of how short her normal jump is into a crossup. They may share some similarities, but they are basic similarities. Having juggles and an air moving special don’t mean identical character. I would suggest looking around youtube for a little bit, there are lots of Sadira videos depicting high damage, crazy combo’s, vortex loops, setups, KI4Life has one, the other I wouldn’t remember. Some of the stuff I saw exceeds Fulgore quality mixups. So I wouldn’t be so quick to disregard her capabilities.

As far as damage goes, Sadira is relatively high on the damage chart for meterless and metered combo’s so I don’t know where you’re getting the low damage bit. No she doesn’t do Kim Wu, Tusk or Thunder damage, but she is pretty consistently on the higher spectrum of rushdown damage characters. Juggle combo’s don’t cash out as high as a grounded one, but they have the benefit of being all manual, timing based on you, hard to break, and can go as long as you choose, or go into a setup for more. She has lots of damage, a lot more than you’re seeing. You just have to find it. Fulgore is low damage, he gets his damage by setting you up for more openings and 50/50’s so he picks you apart where Thunder walks up and chunks you real quick then has to work for another opener in neutral.

Considering the fact that IG is considering changes that would impact potential damage after a combo break, much of these “complaints” could be rendered mute.

1 Like

How about instead of complaining and tagging devs, we start providing evidence. I notice people will complain that sadira has a hard time getting in and all they do is hold up+forwards and get AA everytime. If you make a claim back it up with game play and examples. This forum page is just trash rn. You say her instinct is bad? Make a short video explaining why, doing comparisons, and giving examples.

2 Likes

yeah ill listen to you and i think there will be some damages changes overall in the cas"" maybe for her too"" who know what IG ARE PLANNING for her @TheKeits we need to know please DADDY :cry: help yours sons!!!

Please stop tagging devs with every single post. They read our feedback - there is no need to tag every single dev every time you make a point.

Quoted for truth.

3 Likes

Agreed. Don’t tag a dev unless it is vital, or else they’ll stop reading your posts.

4 Likes

thats right sister spider im gonna listen to you once again.:kissing_heart: anyway i finish all i has to say ,
and gonna wait the next patch to see the changes @SoSRaGnArOk ill wait it with big hopes like every patchs since s3 . see you soon sister spider :smirk:

i like to talk to you cause you know exactly the salty feeling we live since s3.

Always remember cast wide changes always shake things up a bit. Some characters who were crazy powerful one moment, may not be the next. Balance is always going to be a difficult road to travel, especially how unique some of Killer Instinct’s characters are.

I think any Sadira main would like to see a little more bite on her, but whether or not it is really necessary is another story all together. In past conversations Infil has sadly placed Sadira on the bottom tier and he himself has mentioned possible damage buffs, but at the end of the day, I don’t think that will resolve a lot of the issues at hand.

As stated, IG is considering game play changes. We’ll just have to wait and see what all they have in mind and then go from there.

1 Like

For the record, I wish my character did more damage too.
-an Eyedol main

2 Likes

lol lol you are welcome in this thread but here is for sadira riots hahahahahahhaha :joy: make one by eyedol thread. i wish you the best :sunglasses: now thats all you to justify on it when you post. just watchout cause they are many haters on these forum , just be carefull with what you are asking lol . good luck

The problem is now what is asked, the problem is how.

Not cool calling haters people who disagree with you man, not cool

3 Likes

I assume you’re talking about instinct? Because outside instinct, without her jump-cancel combos and shadow widow’s bite linker, she’s definitely at the lower end. Her enders are weak, shadow blade demon is not a very strong shadow linker, and her shadow ender is good but not great.

1 Like

I think Paul B made a full chart near the start of S3 or somewhere. Sadira was in the upper 40% of damage in the game. May not be on top but is by no means a weak character. Her damage ender itself could use a little more appeal but her setup enders are better in utility and followup so even if her damage ender got buffed, I would still choose the ender that gets me a setup and an advantageous position over a little more damage. Sadira is a character on my to learn list. I like Cinder but she is much better and harder to break. Getting her pressure down is all I need to do.

In terms of her pressure, LP Widow’s Bite will be your best friend. It’s pretty safe and can punish most dps (except Cinder). If they block it, you’re still positive enough to follow up an attack. If it hits them, you can combo after it.

I do a lot of LP Widow’s bite and MK/ LK pokes for pressure.

That’s good to know, I’ve had some success with medium into widow drop for a cheeky crossup but if they block it I’m in a bad spot so I try to make sure I hit. Her manuals are also surprizingly easy off her punch linker, so it makes comboing into juggles pretty easy. As a Fulgore main myself I can certainly attest that she does more damage that the bot. It isn’t a 2-3 combo deficit. No characters in the game are that far apart unless you’re comparing Tusk off an optimal combo starting from back poke into shadow cash out vs a 1 chance cash out from Gargos.

Can I just point out to everybody that @MonsieurDerp (last time I checked, it was a long time ago) is a Sadira player, and a damn good one at that?

I know, I watch his stuff from time to time. He is a good player. :smiley:

I dunno, I think her instinct is still one of the most fearsome in the game. As soon as she pops it, my first, umm… Instinct (so sorry), is to get away from her. Granted, I’m not a very good player, but still. The webs come out so quickly and all it takes is one wrong move, one errant jump, one mistimed block, and she’s got you. Of course, you could say that about any interaction, I know, but her instinct, to me at least, feels as though it takes that idea to the nth degree.

I don’t mean to change the conversation, but I’ve seen people, not just in this thread, but in a few other threads say that she’s missing “something” and I tend to agree. Now, there’s always a risk of throwing out an idea and having everyone stomp on it and I’ll freely admit that game balance is not in my wheelhouse, so I certainly don’t mind being corrected here or told that this idea’s not good. Just throwing something out there that sounded fun to me.

I think it’d be nice if she got a special move that was her ultra ender kick. Obviously a move like that takes some time to come out, so maybe to make it useful:

b-f LK: A fake version that’s the somersault only, she pulls up before the actual kick part.
b-f MK: She does the somersault and follows it up with a quick knee that has very short range and can be blocked high or low, but acts as an opener if it hits.
b-f HK: The full version of the ultra ender kick, HK could be held down to charge it up before the kick comes out for slightly more damage. Can be back dash canceled. Definitely not an opener.

The LK version might make the move a bit more sneaky while the MK version adds a bit of utility to it from a combo perspective as something else she can do to start a combo on the ground, even if it’s not a good option for doing this at all (nor should it be given where her strengths lie), and the HK version gives her a single strike that while very easy to see coming, can be a relatively strong single attack for her.

Anyways, with a long startup time, she could be thrown out of the HK version easily and it’d push a high blocking opponent back, so she’d get no frame advantage off of it. Just some extra space to work with if she needed it.

You could use it on a launched opponent, but the trade off is that it’s hard to time and it doesn’t cash out combo damage and it pushes you and the opponent away from one another, which in this situation might not be desirable unless you’re trying to get away or end a round/match. Wouldn’t be a great tool against incoming airborne opponents due to the startup and timing. Perhaps it could also have a smallish hitbox as well.

But on the plus side, landing the HK version would actually do some damage. Not talking about running in to the wrong end of Kim Wu’s shadow dragon kick damage obviously. More like Tusk’s throw if the HK version is charged up, and a few slivers less if it’s not. So if you were able to find some ways of making it useful, whether it be the kick itself or the fake version where she pulls up, or releasing the charged version at the right time, I think it might be a fun addition to her arsenal.

I should also say that I’m a tad biased toward giving characters with somewhat small special move lists like her and Sabrewulf some more toys to play with, so people that think they’re good enough from a utility standpoint or that think the characters should be a little more simple and straight forward, then this idea will likely strike you as unnecessary which again, is totally fine by me. Just throwing something out there. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the compliments

Ive been doing poorly lately because im pre-occupied with universiry , but in my prime (I will return!!) I was able to take sets against top players. Some even claimed that I had the best ground game and was one of the most underrated players out there.

Ive been maining Sadira since S1 when she had that crazy instinct unbreakable BD loops. Shout outs to CDjr.

Sadira doesnt have the best damage, but she can open up people pretty easily thanks to her new tools. She has a ton of rediculous stuff that nobody uses/knows about.

Also she’s great in neutral. I know its been said 1000 times, but no body listens. People just jump for no reason in neutral and when they get AA’d they complain the character has a hard time getting in.

She also has the best Shimmy/Shuffle in the game (or close to it) because people are so scared of her jump. I catch people all day with walk forwards+cr. mk.

Sadira, I believe, 0 people have mastered because shes so technical at high level.

Play Sadira for 2 weeks in ranked without jumping (unless to dodge projectiles, grabs, ect.)

Sadira is not bottom tier.

#AdaptLearnImprove

4 Likes