#make sadira instinct great again

That was meant to be a reply to the whole thread. But im dumb :stuck_out_tongue:

Iā€™ve said it before, but Iā€™m strongly against giving Sadira new moves. I like it when the designers give a character just a few moves and let it rock. Thereā€™s an elegance to a small moveset that just works.

Note: Iā€™m not the best with names of moves so bare with me.
Sadira has some of the craziest mixups that Iā€™ve seen out of the entire roster.

Her instinct only improves that already solid foundation.

Back in the olā€™ days of S1 it was impossible to break, IMPOSSIBLE to break her webs because it was possible to counter break attempt every chance and be safe.

In S3 I have to say, despite my distasteful attitude towards Sadira, she is much more tolerable.

Even knowing the matchups against Sadira there are still twists she can take that will throw off the best of players.

The damage she puts out seems equivalent to the capability of the setups she can put out with webs and double jump.

Some highly sklled players Iā€™ve gone against in ranked donā€™t even go for combos alot of the time with Sadira. Itā€™s alot of poking to psych the contender out (baiting them to grab or combo break).

*Edit: Added additional thoughts

1 Like

I can respect that. So am I safe in assuming that you prefer using characters that tend toward early/mid season one characters as opposed to some of the season two characters like Cinder, Kan Ra, Aganos, ARIA, etc?

Personally, I enjoy those types and wish that some of the characters with smaller move sets had some more toys to play around with. Thatā€™s just my preference. I fully admit my own bias in this regard and if you donā€™t see it my way, thatā€™s no problem at all. Iā€™ve just seen some people say that sheā€™s missing something and thought Iā€™d try and see if I could come up with something, but ā€œsome people sayā€ certainly doesnā€™t equate to universal truism. If you like her the way she is, then more power to you. :slight_smile:

I am a Hisako main. Iā€™ve played around with Aria and found her enjoyable, but never had much patience for Kan or Aganos.

I think complicated characters have their places - Iā€™d actually like to pick up Gargos at some point, for instance. But I also like it when a character is able to do a lot with a very simple moveset. I think itā€™s a much more interesting design than to just throw the kitchen sink at them.

NO. Imagine how Op @STORM179 At all costs, do not let this guy learn Gargos. No matter how much help he asks, he is tricking you. He only wants to drain your Shadow Energy to be the ultimate Shadow Lord. NERFSā€¦Kappa

1 Like

#GiveJagoHisFullScreenShadowWindkickAgain

I think the creators of KI does not like her. Nerf so much and make her useless, especially this season. Keitz hates Sadira.

1 Like

I get the preference completely, though the kitchen sink thing, to me at least, is a bit of a misnomer. I think that well designed characters can have a small amount of moves or a large amount without the latter being the result of slapping a bunch of ideas in for varietyā€™s sake or funsies or whatever.

Perhaps you or others might think itā€™s overdesigning, (not assuming this, mind you), but so far, IGs designs feel cohesive within themselves, and the move lists seem to complete the bigger picture of the character regardless of whether they have fewer moves like Hisako and Rash or more like Cinder, Gargos or Eyedol.

Of course, just how successful or cohesive those designs for is always up for debate, and I clearly come from a side in this, Iā€™m not neutral, which is why Iā€™d love to see them give characters like Sadira and Wulf some more fun toys, as opposed to continuing to search for the depths in a smaller number of options in characters three years post launch. Thankfully they still update characters and theyā€™re not just leaving them! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thats what gives me hopes :wink:,

1 Like

But itā€™s fine. Do what you want. Iā€™ll keep supporting you.

3 Likes

Iā€™m fine with @STORM179 picking up Gargos.

I can start winning again.

3 Likes

7 Likes

Seeing a cat eat popcornā€¦ makes me sadā€¦

because I canā€™t eat popcornā€¦

Whaou GoteĆÆ, what do you say ??!! iā€™m not agree with you .

She has a looooooot of set up, more than S2.

For she needs 3 things
1- iā€™m agree with davy0, shadow web cling with direction choice, i want that since this move exist because she hasnā€™t reversal, and she needs 1 meter to do that, so i donā€™t think itā€™s broken.

2-buff shadow widowā€™s bite in juggle (only this move and only in juggle) exept that, she doensā€™t need buff damage.

3-more possibilities in juggle, i want to say for example,
LP after HP
MP after HKā€¦
actually the rules are too simple and even with good mix itā€™s too easy to break her juggles (thanks to the huuuuuuuuuge breaker window lol)

Sorry for my english iā€™m french :slight_smile:

I follow this forum since S1, i never post, but GoteĆÆ I canā€™t let you say all that !!!

I hope itā€™s easy for you to understand me :wink:

6 Likes

Thats the only conditions tho!!! NAH :triumph: cause if they make the shadow widows bite better in juggle it could helps us really good cause now its really useless IMo.

i love you too my spider sister. :kissing_heart: :heart_eyes: