Limited Edition Shadow Jago Figure Pre-Order with Color 10 Bonus

I get it…some ppl have other interest and responsibilities…but KI is my favorite thing of all time…and if I have the $$ to spend on it…Im going to spend it…I work hard, so I like to treat myself to nice things…Ive always looked at it like that…you cant save your money forever…if all my bills are paid and im not struggling…then Im going to buy stuff i like.

Ha! You know what? I just realized how silly this whole thing has made me seem. :sweat_smile:
I’ve made arguments just like yours in the past, about how people shouldn’t be so entitled to easy access for skins and such (its how I coped with not having Shadow Jago for a long time, until I found a Day One card online. Plus, I actually defend keeping things difficult to unlock through the grind for my own sense of pride lol) and I thought the statues were a comparatively good deal even without in game content thrown in.
Like I slyly edited into one of my earlier posts in this thread, I’ll get over the initial salt I think. I’ve had a bit of a rough week and I guess this pushed the wrong button for me. I still hope this sort of thing becomes more widely available, but I’m content with keeping these color 10s special. I mean, I was probably going to wind up buying at least one of these figures anyway. It’d be hypocritical (and maybe a bit dumb) of me to stop myself from doing so because there’s extra stuff in it for me.
Edit:
Granted, I still think its kinda sh*tty. I just hope with all my heart IG don’t become like Tim Schafer.

I bought one, despite the ridiculous price and extra shipping costs. I hope the other (non limited edition) figures are way cheaper ($19.99-$24.99)… they’re only six inch pieces of plastic after all. I can Import way more detailed and articulated Japanese figures for less than Shadow Jago’s cost.

Also the box sucks! As a collector, I really don’t like opening my collectibles. Why didn’t you put a window in the box so people can see the figure without opening the packaging?

Man this game is my all time favourite. I collect a lot of stuff and work hard for it 2. But it’s starting to sound like nickel and diming to get a complete game. Technically there could be 27 if not more models each with their own content. That’s a lot of cash and fair play if that’s what your into.
But it’s gonna start the whole shago live reward fiasco again and that’s not even going with the ultimate fundraiser if that happens.
MS knows people will buy the stuff but there getting like capcom with their grabbing. But capcom seem to have learnt their lesson when Sony got sf5.

Im going to go for a walk with loki, and be angry with myself if I purchase the figure lmao.

That’s cool, I’m not trying to come off as attacking anybody or being overly aggressive, but it’s frustrating to see that every time we get some kind of cool reveal or indication that IG and MS are in fact listening to us, a lot of people are really quick to grab their torches and pitchforks. Part of this is caused by the way information is revealed to us, but a lot of it is the community’s mindset. I just don’t want IG and MS to decide we’re too unappreciative to give us the cool stuff we want.

We wanted collectibles for a long time, and they’re making shirts and statues available now, with other stuff! …but we’re going to have a huge back and forth issue about the Color 10 stuff now.

We’re getting a third Season! With Kim Wu and Tusk already confirmed! And we’re going to get at LEAST three characters on launch day! …but now we have the whole “ultimates or it isn’t KI” debacle - this one I think could have been nicely avoided by not showing Shago’s Ultimate (and in fact holding it back from him until Season 3) until they’re ready to reveal whether more characters will get them.

1 Like

KI AMIBOOS!

This is cool but I don’t really care for extra colors. Would have been cool if it came with a unique accessory. MS and Ultimate Source should have announced that the content was created specifically with the figure in mind and not that it was taking away one of the 10 color choices that usually come with every character.

:stuck_out_tongue: totally get it

Yeah, let’s not get it twisted. I think a lot of fans are very happy with these figures. They look great. But any time you take something that’s in-game and tie it to buying something outside of the game, regardless of how small, you’re going to have a contingent of completionists; people that want every aspect of in game content possible, a bit up in arms about it.

It happened with Shago and it’ll probably happen again with color 10’s. It’s not really an entitlement thing. Some will say “I paid X amount for this game, so I deserve all the content,” but I don’t think that’s the argument most are making.

Most logical people would realize that these colors are being made solely to pair with the figures, and that they wouldn’t exist otherwise. But it doesn’t change people from wanting them (which I feel is different from being entitled to them simply because they bought the game).

I don’t think it’s too much to ask for people wanting access to everything in the game without having to pay a fairly substantial amount of money in order to get certain items that are tied to purchases outside of the game to have the option to unlock this stuff after some sort of exclusivity period ends. I don’t think that asking for that kind of compromise is entitlement. No one’s demanding it, after all.

1 Like

I hear ya… I see everyone complaining about Ultimate’s and stuff…I’m down for what ever…I guess your right…eventually its becoming to much $ for myself.

I have all the comics, old games, strategy guides…ect…but as far as this new game I haven’t really spent much. But these figures…I dont know if I can afford all of them… that’s even too much $$ for me.

I bought the complete edition on sale last xmas and 30$ KI gold for the Shago community fund ( I already had Shago skin from Xbox live card)

So I guess I’ve spent 90$ roughly…well worth it…I think

And they revealed a new Glacius shirt today from Eighty Six st. I received an email earlier…it looks pretty badasss and im not even a Glacius fan!

@CRIS178 If they gave away a bonus accessory the entire forum would erupt in displeasure LOL…I think they know better than to do that ha ha

But great idea…Id be happy with it.

Pass!!!

no thank you!

im surprised they haven’t revealed the maya and orchid statues

so ths means people would prefer clamoring to pay for a statue when they havent even used the money made for ultimates or animations wow

Color…10!! WHAT!!

It’s not like they would be taking away an existing accessory but building a brand new unique one specifically for the toy. Like a new Orchid accessory. It’s not one of the ones that launched with the game and is in no way part of the base game. It’s not different than those pre order bonuses that never arrive to the actual game.

Also, wasn’t color 10 already revealed. It was Shago with body paint that made him look like a puma.

I expected it to cost more honestly! I’m excited then that I’ll be able to buy my favorite characters when they come out!! I’m also really excited to see they have more merchandise available at their store! Can’t wait for them to be released, maybe I’ll save up a bit for that too. These along with the eighty sixth clothing shirts (still waiting for a Cinder shirt and hoping it’s as good as the ones so far!) We’re really building up a gallery of merchandise!!

1 Like

I agree…it would be great! Im down with it for sure…but…there are a lot of ppl that would be pissed off because they cant afford it…that’s what Im saying.

I wish we could get new accessories…I dont care what they cost…I buy anything and everything KI!

1 Like

Its a load of crap that there’s a skin tied to this figure AND its limited edition.

I have no problem spending cash on merch for an in-game reward but making it limited too is messed up. I was planning on picking up the Shago figure later on down the road after the holidays just to own the thing but now there’s a piece of DLC tied to it that I really want and now I’m not going to be able to have EITHER OF THEM. At this time of the year I don’t have an extra $50 to dump on a whim because suddenly the figure that’s been showcased for months is LE.

Frankly I’m pissed off, I had a thread in the general forums to discuss the skin alone and this type of business practice but it was locked. So here I am trying to voice my opinion at how unfair and ugly this type of thing is. I had planned on buying an entire set of figures for my collection but after this, I’m not going to shell out A DIME for this tripe.

1 Like

Personally, I hate when developers do this kind of thing, where certain people can’t get it. Netherrealm Studios did the same thing with Injustice Gods Among Us and Mortal Kombat X, where you could only get certain skins if you use the respective game’s app or cellular game - this means anyone who doesn’t have a smartphone (e.g., me) can’t get it. If it’s a digital item, I think it should be available to everyone. Forever (reasonably speaking, of course - not literally). Period. After all, it’s digital content for crying out loud. What they’re doing is creating artificial demand in order to make more money. As someone who wants to experience the WHOLE game, this genuinely upsets me knowing that I can’t get this color unless I’m willing to fork over the money to do it (I’m not, BTW). Even worse, they’re forcing a limited supply. Why?

At least with Shago, I can understand because he’s kind of like a seasonal thing, which is fine. Actually, I take that back - the devs said to pick him up now while you still can before it’s too late. IG I know you’re trying to do business, but I think you’d actually make more money just by having these things available for the foreseeable future. The statue, I can understand since it’s a physical item, but please don’t short-change us on the digital content.

That being said, if you’re ultimately planning on releasing this color and other “limited” digital DLC somewhere down the line (even without telling us), but it’s exclusive for now, then I’m actually okay with that. Netherrealm did that with various skins in their Injustice game, like with Superman’s prisoner uniform.

If you’re ultimately keeping it to yourselves though and a select few, then that’s just outright mean and dastardly…

Also, in regards to the color itself - as the Warboys from Mad Max would say: “MEDIOCRE!”

1 Like

5000 is a lot for an extremely niche market for this. All I’m going to add to this.

It’ll be next year’s community bundle. Fund another pot for the pros and we’ll release a colour 10 pack. Even capcom don’t pull that crap.
I’m just making myself angry over a game. Argh lol!!

1 Like

That does seem like a bit much. Ya think maybe this is a typo?

I honestly am hoping this just only means color 10 will be a thing for season3.