LCD's thoughts on KI

KI just needs to be a: more footsie base game,more neutral oriented game. less crazyness in characters, etc, this is no marvel. IG is trying copy GG, but they do pretty bad. just bring back S1 without the broken things.

1 Like

Why?

3 Likes

Just look the list of the better fighting games, thats your answer.

Okay, “better” is an insanely subjective term, but that notwithstanding, why do you assume that this is why they’re better? What makes a footsie, neutral oriented game inherently better?

6 Likes

What is the list? Can’t be SF. I have seen so many players that do nothing but do fireballs, sonic booms, and other moves like that. MK is no different. It is a game of “run into combo into special move loop, and repeat”. Tekken is a special move into special move game also.

I would have more respect for LCD if he would admit that he wants more footies because it would give him a advantage, due to the fact that this is how he likes to play.

Did he stop to think that more players like the special move into special move into special move more than playing a footies game?

1 Like

What is a better fighting game?

You need stop giving this ignorant comments and form a coherent argument that doesn’t diss the community or the devs.

“KI needs more footsie’s!”

Ok
 How!?

2 Likes

I agree, the gameplay of season 1 was the most fun I’ve had in KI 2013’s lifespan.

1 Like

nah. I’m just referring to people firing off half baked ideas in this current age. no one has patience for anything or anyone. my small rant was mostly philosophical before you went the same route. lol.

but u did ask about how much effort do we need to find the truth. well, a lot really. things aren’t so black and white, as we often write them off as being.

the “truth” is really closer to Einsteins General relativity
it’s all about perspective. where I am, and where you are. LCDs comments are sound I can see that perspective. if I wrote off what he said, I’d mostly be lying to myself. Are these issues to small to overlook? maybe. maybe not.

do you fall on the side of, “I’d be nice to have these fixes but I’ll just be happy no matter what”? then by all means. be happy. but don’t twist up your panties when people want something improved.

1 Like

Ok you win MMG, Ki is the best fg, no flaws, wow
 I retract from what, I said, keep playing your perfect game in your perfect world. im 40 and im played almost every fighting game out there, but im an ignorant, you r the best guys!!

• Season 1
  • Footsie based game

Please pick one.

Got nothing to add here.

Being a good player does not mean you’re a good designer.

I have no intention of finding out if he ranted or not. LCD has done a thorough job demonstrating he cannot form a clear point, nor can he separate truth from falsehood or objective from subjective. His opinion is not valuable to me.

4 Likes

I aint saying KI is perfect or flawless. But you ignorant butt, at the age of 40, can’t even put your thoughts together in a coherent way to explain what you would change or how you would change it.

Thats exactly what is missing in this game, why dont consult every top pro player who main a fix character so togheter with IG all of you could give a appropriate opinion from the characters they mains, so at the same time a good deal could be found.

cause when we enjoy this game thats mostly because of all these good players in tournament. then we enjoy it at home personaly.

its understandable nerf after nerf on what are or seems to be a good character, how do you want someone who putted so manny time to get better at high pro level , then suddenly everything drastically change.

I just have some questions. Why should their playing for money be more important than someone who plays just for fun? Why should a group of people who have a high chance of leaving after the tournaments stop get so much imput over people who will play this for years to come? To me it doesn’t sound like “they” want to make KI better for everyone, “they” just want it better for them.

It is never about making KI a great game for everyone, it is about little things that would improve their character and giving them a better chance at winning money.

So the pro players are really good at playing the game. Does that mean they know how to make a great game, market a game, or sell a game to casual players as well as pro players?

2 Likes

I agree with almost everything LCD said except that KI should be on PS4 which is ridiculous.

But yeah other than that he’s 100% on point with his rant like it or not.

1 Like

I still don’t understand. And who are you calling a kid? I’m a parent who is gets ■■■■■■ about thousands of dollars in taxes every year. You can’t get more “adult” than me lol

Edit: I think you’re trying to call me an SOB
 eh.

1 Like

I’m sorry, but I’m not going to take someone who screams “Keits please!” every time he gets baited on a reversal or messes up his own combo due to a firecat seriously.

And the devs shouldn’t either.

8 Likes

That is not true.

I agree with alot of what he said but he
would have done better with a power point
slideshow, 2 hour rant.

I agree like you. but grounded fundamentals aren’t going to play well with special move craziness. while I respect his opinion I don’t think this is way to late in the game to change anything drastically