LCD's thoughts on KI

this generation is the whiniest bunch of people to ever cover the face of the earth. controlling other people’s thoughts or feelings is easier because often, the people themselves haven’t control over any other aspect of ones life.

there’s truth is in almost any genuine opinion. it’s just on us to find it. and if people don’t want to or can’t, that’s on them. who cares how many time I complain or what I complain about?

Collin quit kinda funny games cause people just cant shut up or can’t add anything relevant to the conversation other than just being offended for amusement. weak.

I may have worded somethings wrong i was driving at the time.

Teabegging taunting is in all games i wouldn’t let it bother you so much its going to happen. Who cares its suppose too p** you off thats why ppl do it lol

I’ve also noticed that there has been an increasingly absurd amount of tbagging and rage messaging online before I stopped playing.

Honestly if you was defending me why are you so quick to judge me if i misinterpret what you meant. Relax its really not serious its just forum wars lol

Also im not a forum guy. I am still very new to the system so please dont get upset over nothing.

2 Likes

Im good, Im not upset, but its frustrating that ppl are so quick to attack and respond without reading. My pet peave here is when ppl quote me but dont really understand what they are quoting or arguing against.

Ive had your back for nearly 2 years and have had the honor to talk to you in person a few times… you signed my sons book as well as you are his favorite player. So it was quite frustrating to see you blast me when I was actually defending you.

Its all good though…as for the tea bagging…as when playing friends its not a big deal, but a complete stranger that send messages… that can be annoying especially when your 6 year old son is watching. I know I cant stop it…but it gets old when your trying to have fun and not trying to go undefeated and play mind games for no real reason except to be toxic.

5 Likes

Yikes! Don’t post and drive!

It’s all good man. People (including me) post off hand comments all the time and they get hyper scrutinized by everybody. I think there’s just a lot of fatigue around this topic.

2 Likes

I remember signing that!! Lol yea i suck on forums thats why i never say much because obviously I make mistakes all the time. Yea and the hate mail teabegging etc its the internet bro thats all i was pointing out ultimately ppl will do this in thefgc fps etc but i get your point.

1 Like

I apologize for my out burst im very explosive sometimes.

2 Likes

Especially when you have a trap set up :wink: #rememberKanRa

It’s like this all started based off of one dood’s (LCD’s) opinion and opposing sides of it. Personally I remain neutral altho I do want S2 Combo Breakers back tho.

Thanks dude… we are definitely good now. I appreciate it. Hope to see you at TX showdown or AB8 (Not sure if KI will be at AB8 but its still early)

And to everyone…for the record, I dont dislike LCD or Paul B or any players… but I do get a bit annoyed when there is sooo much negative talk about KI and finger pointing. We need to come together and just be positive about the game regardless of any issues or dislikes. Bickering among ourselves is only making things worse.
We all get burnt out…Ima bit burnt out right now… but I do this after major events like KIWC and when Dark Souls is hype lol… but we all know what the best fighting game is and we will all come back to it every time.

3 Likes

You’ll have too much characters though and you may end up in a SF4/BB scenario at their last iterations.

1 Like

I would support some of you guys going to IG to talk about your issues with the game, as long as some casual players also went and were heard.

we already have a small roster. i mean for 3 years 29 characters isn’t that big number. Injustice will launch with 28. i know though ,we have very unique characters and everyone has something new to add to the game.

plus, on LCDs talking about easy breaking, small roster is also one more reason for making breakers easier. 9 characters every year with the amount of time people are giving to this game makes their moves easier to learn.

37 characters at the end of this game would be a normal number for a complete fighting game. i think they can do it. new ideas are always there. i hope they get the support they need end make it, because this is the best fighting game and deserves that support. come on Microsoft, this is your best game.

I don’t think we need to keep a count. We are ALL heard. The devs read the forums and are actively engaged on social media etc. They hear us. But that doesn’t mean they are going to do everything we want. They aren’t going to just undo everything from season 3 because some of the pros don’t like flipout and stagger. And they aren’t failing to produce orchids thong because they have somehow failed to hear that request.

3 Likes

Whether you agree with his points or not,1 thing LCD does do is get the community/forum discussing something to great lengths

Yeah, but that’s kinda like saying setting a barn fire gives firefighters something to do. Nothing productive is really coming of his rant other than just confirming that he’s a broken record and saying his long-winded goodbyes. There is no discussion to be had from it that hasn’t already been discussed to death on the forums already.

2 Likes

Which generation are you referring to? Twenty something’s? Thirty something’s? How about we not parrot a nostalgic, overgeneralizing baby boomer sentiment, unless you’d like a yard and some bratty young whippersnappers walking on it to yell at? :slight_smile:

I’ll be honest, I’m not really sure who this is meant for. Is it for LCD for trying to control his subscribers? Is it for the people that disagree with him?

As for not having control over people’s own lives and wanting to control others… This is a video game forum, man. About a niche video game in a niche genre no less. I don’t think that there are a ton of megalomaniacs running around here, trying to build a cult of personality to celebrate their own greatness. I’d like to think everyone here, including Larry, has more perspective than that, but it’s entirely possible that I’m just being naïve, I suppose.

While that sounds possible as a theory, I’d argue that truth can be distorted. Plus, ya know, lies exist. So do complete lies. I think if we’re gonna complain about anything in regard to “these days” let’s maybe start here instead: Opinions, especially those found on the Internet, can at times be supported by opinions, buttressed by opinions, founded upon gut feelings or unsourced, uncriticized misinformation.

But let’s say there is some needle of truth in a hey stack of BS. For the record, I’m not saying that’s what LCD’s opinions or videos are. Others can judge for themselves, obviously. Does this truth always equate to value to such an extent that it was worth sifting through the layers upon layers to find it?

Does an ounce of truth always balance out a pound of lies? Does truth equate to value simply by its mere existence? I don’t think it’s black and white. Not always. I don’t see that as wisdom I’d entirely accept as a universal truism, but that’s just me.

As for who cares about what one complains about and how much they complain about it, if you’ve been a broken record for three years on some of this stuff, and I personally think Larry has on specific points, if your influence becomes increasingly toxic toward that which you love (debatable, for sure) and you’re opting to leave a cloud of poison gas on your way out the door, as some might see it, then I’d say some people might take issue, and just as LCD’s more than entitled to speak his mind, so too is it okay for others to find fault, take issue or disagree with any or all ideas he’s putting out there.

Not sure who Collin is or the full story behind why he left whatever it is he left, so I honestly can’t speak to that and must profess my ignorance on that specific issue.

As far as this self-perpetuating idea that everyone’s offended all the time “these days,” I tend to think that sentiment is a mixture of factual and fictional.

People are moving in to and out of one another’s information bubbles more and more often thanks to the internet, and that’s bound to cause conflict as people with differing opinions and world views collide in small doses, usually with minimal information to go off of, especially as it pertains to the person they’re speaking with.

Plus, the anonymity of the internet seems to be resulting in an increased willingness of people to speak their mind unfiltered. Obviously not an original idea here, but this also results in what some seemingly interpret as everyone taking offense to everything.

But mixed with those realities is a fiction grown in rather specific echo chambers of propaganda telling us that everyone’s offended and we can’t say anything anymore and the PC police are out to get us and you must rebel against this culture of compliance when honestly, I think it’s just more the first two things. No one’s more offended by anything than they were ten years ago or even fifty years ago. We’re now just all up in each others faces and we all have microphones. If an opinion is largely crappy now by societal standards, it was probably crappy ten years ago too.

TL/DR: I philosophicaterated about stuffs… for some reason. :slight_smile:

6 Likes