LCD's thoughts on KI

OMG I got hit with that sooo many times!! I’m wanting to say like 5 times minimum. Hell, once my profile got swapped with my son’s…he got all my unlocks and I had to start over. :rage:

3 Likes

i agree with what lcd says about the costumes and the stages. i need things like that. i played a thousand matches to get a star and i would like glacius (and everyone) to get a new costume or new accessories and colors( yes,i have bought all the new skins). if the budget is low give us a chance by funds. if the stages don’t finally happen i will feel bad about shadow lords taking there place even if it is fun.

i agree that the footsie characters need help in some way especially with the punishment ways. some balancing is needed with overpowered moves. i don’t agree about the breaking system. breaking system is great. it is not that easy to break (even guessing,and guessing is punishable) and the game becomes faster, so the story of the match becomes bigger. huge combos are still happening.

i really don’t want a sequel. l want a season 4. as lcd said the main reason for buying KI (i also bought xbox for KI) is nostalgia. a sequel will kill that reason and will also kill the game. i will feel very bad about that. plus i don’t think i will have the energy to learn the same game from the start. most likely i will only watch. KI is now. its peak is now. they should keep that version alive for as long they can.

season 4 . 8 characters, 8 stages and the game is fresh again. graphics are still great.

Oh yeah and let’s not forge tthat bug during the spinal patch where you lose all your data if you close the game during the main-menu. That all happend under DH.

Really? lol I never had that many issues with using counter-breakers, likely because I pick up on my opponents habits, you should try doing that, during combos if your opponent is breaking or guessing, you can take advantage of that the next time they open up.

Combobreakers seem easy to do because it’s easy to open people up.

If ya ask me it’s a good thing people can break combos like this, I doubt we can get away with all the good and diverse fighting mechanics which would of been cheap if not for them. At worse it would be like MVC3 where people can cheap your whole life bar away in one combo, and at worse, do it for the next characters.

Though, if combo breakers are harder to do, maybe they should shorten the combos, so you can only do a max of 12 hits like in the old games. Simplified combo breakers make it possible for that intesne gameplay to begin with.

I find it odd how so many people are talking about nasty bugs, yet in KI I’ve not seen too many lately.

Also; new costumes and colors are happening right now, but I would love more accessory options. Maybe some legit dragon accessories for Retro Riptor? or even on modern Riptor?

2 Likes

I really doubt he has supported the game more than most of the people in this thread or fourm. There are people here that help others on a daily basis. So what that he has some KI items in his room, so do 80% of us. I have my KI shirts, KI figures, KI soundtracks, and the orginal Killer Cuts from the SNES. If you want to be a fan of his fine. That is your right, but to claim that he supports KI more than any of us is incorrect.

I am sick of hearing about people wanting more content, then when we get it they complain that it sucks. “We want more costumes”. Two hours later we hear “The gold skins are stupid”. “We want more characters”. New characters are being created, and then we see posts like"Shin Hisako is a clone, and that is stupid". They are not going to make costumes that take 2 months per character.

I knew LCD just couldn’t stop playing without some big scene.

6 Likes

I agree that you should use counter-breakers. That’s what they are there for. I still use them because they are, as u stated, an important mechanic of the game; however, I can understand his frustration since they tend not to work the same as they did.

I don’t even give ■■■■■ about his opinion anyway : p

I am pretty confused to if I were to be honest, because I remember people wanting gold skins. Yet people are mad about it now…hmmm…

They still do, you have to take up on your opponents bad-habits or expectations. CB is more a mental game rather than a movement thing.

Wao, he’s complaining about fullscreen low inferno? I only get it every 8 seconds & fired up fission/bomb/trailblazer might be used instead. He also got the frame data wrong on it. Such a poor example. The Fulgore/Jago thing is true though.

3 Likes

Indeed. I’ve even got a custom KI arcade cabinet and the Nintendo Power Fulgore T-shirt I use for my avatar pic in a frame in near new condition.

…sorry, I like bragging about those. They’re nice. :grin:

I would if I were you. The cabinet is sharp. I want to make one, but I am still working on the blue print

1 Like

Glad I read through the thread before even trying to watch the video. You guys saved me two hours of my life watching the whole thing. :grin:

1 Like

I would rather watch the “notebook”, or any chick flick over that video. :laughing:

the old style manual system was pretty bad in some ways. i remember the amount of complaints over it on here back at the advent of season 2 couple years ago. now it needs to come back? lol, rose colored glasses do no good here. we lost a bunch of players who ate lock outs all day from free styling jagos among other things.

the old manual system was fun, but when it comes to drawing in new people or keeping our rookies, it was not very good there. people can only take an ■■■ whooping for so long. even with the new manual system we have now, and the “easy” combo breaking does it still drive people off because they’re tired of getting beaten to death by a tire iron from a veteran player.

Well the Notebook has scenes that payoff the painful part of watching the whole thing. At least you can skip to the good parts too.

Think outside the box

You make a good point. Sometime the “bugs” are what some communities like about the game. I have a feeling they are trying to sell this new content to increase the budget for something that have planned for the future. Though I don’t dig the gold skins, I’m gonna go ahead and buy them later today.

That happened about 4 times for me in S1 and the yeah my data was also switched to my brothers file leaving me with nothing, once in the early stages of S2 , and once more but willingly in S3 due to the glitch that wouldn’t allow me to play KI at all.

uhhh … I’ll just drop this here …

3 Likes

I’ve been around since season 1 and yeah, I disagree for the most part regarding quality aspects.

Season 1 had moldy cheese like: unbreakables (sadira was BS), the spinal release bug that would crash the game if you teleported as spinal at a specific corner, Spinal reset bug which Ig recently fixed, wulf had an unbreakable manual glitch because of hitstun issues, or what about jalulz (jago) with plus frames all over, unreactable freestyle manuals, full screen safe windkicks etc.

We also had a desync bug where instead on dropping when the connection pooped out, you would be left fighting a dense ai.

What about the s1 retros and asthetics? Some of those retros look like they were coded by a drunk person.

I can go on and on but yeah, people sell ig short. It takes talent to take an incomplete game with a nightmare of code, sparce resources and little time, and turn it into a game worth playing. I feel like they understood what dh wanted to do with KI and ended up giving KI its own identity. People dont only acknowledge it for its universal fight system but for its batsht crazy fighter archetypes and its diversity.

I mean for a game where one toon is playing SF and one is playing Mahvel in the same match and there is harmonious balance says alot…i can be on that SF trip and pull out jago or raam, I can be on that anime trip and pull out Kan Ra, aria etc.

This is the only game i can think of where achieving this fusion is possible.

The game has problems, sure, but it wasn’t always somehow better. Au contraire theres much more stability now. Alot of the gameplay bugs that have stacked up are old as heck, some created by DH…

7 Likes

Yeah sorry LCD isn’t going to get 2 hours of my time. I have faith that one day he’s going to grow up and he’s going to have a more mature perspective of what happened with this game. To be blunt he really strikes me as a whiny entitled child.

The kid is burnt out, it happens. I love KI but I’ve taken month breaks at times because I wasn’t having fun. That’s life.

It’s called “The Law of Diminishing Returns” it’s a law that applies to mechanical operation but it pretty much works for everything in life. As input stays the same output decreases. When you first put time (input) into a video game it’s often a lot of fun, as time goes on the amount of fun (output) goes down. Think the first time you counterbreak someone vs. when you counterbreak someone years down the road the output (your reaction) is a bit different. And not to sound too much like a philosophical stoner but this works for everything. If I lift the same weight everyday, I eventually start seeing less overall improvement than I originally had. The divorce rate is high, people jump into relationships and the output is huge initially then as time goes on and the input stays the same that output goes away.

What I’m saying is LCD needed to accept either he needed to change his input, or accept that he wasn’t having fun anymore and that’s normal as time goes on. What’s he’s instead gone on and done is hurt the thing he loves out of some egocentric attitude of it being the game’s fault and not his own.

7 Likes

You formed a really strong opinion about something that you didn’t even bother spending time listening to.

4 Likes