LCD's thoughts on KI

DH did wonderful for bringing KI back to us, and IG picked it up from there and they also did a good job. is KI perfect? no. does it have issues? yes and they are many. however, after DH was picked up by amazon for all intents and purposes KI shouldve died with them. we got lucky that these guys came around and picked it up then ran with it. with how things usually go, we wouldve been screwed and no further KI action for us. there was a grave marked with KI on it, it remains empty.

the game isnt perfect, but also at the same time we are all so lucky we are still playing it 4 years later. i wish the issues would get fixed, i wish weā€™d have a bigger budget for IG to work with, and all the other things people want. way i see it, just enjoy what we have or walk away and move on. if you have fun with KI, keep on playing. if it pisses you off or annoys you, its equally fine to put down the game and play something else. i dont foresee MS giving the game a bigger budget, fighting games are already a niche genre. sucks :frowning:

5 Likes

I donā€™t know if I can watch 2 hours of thisā€¦

Manā€¦ I got life bro, and it waits for no man lol

4 Likes

Get popcorn and soda. So we can watch it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

LCD loves KI and has supported it more than any of us on this thread . Look at all the KI accessories in his room. I agree blindly with him because I think he wants only the best for the game. The Nigerian KI general also pointed about the problem of KI exclusivity on xbox and that as a FG, it needs to be acessible to PS4 and switch, and steam and KI will grow much bigger than ever was.

1 Like

Fatgore is still difficult to look at lol

2 Likes

Is this a new video?

Why would it be on any other console than Xbox one and W10 when Microsoft owns KI? What sense would that make to put their game on their competitorsā€™ system?

3 Likes

Well he got new instinct that pretty much was a sidegrade. Like if he was REALLY dependent on shadow moves the new instinct would hurt him bad but his specials are very good

Microsoft neglects itā€™s games.

Guys earlier on are right itā€™s better to be concise because Iā€™ve seen part of the vid here and there and the points are solid but the whole thing can be summed in detailed, concise but infomative bullet points. LCD needs to make it quick and snappy because his points have been reiterated by so many people so what he needs to bring is more concise examples or proofs like he did bringing up Fulgore or how everyone play a different game or the "difference between footsies because they can and and the reality of ā€œwill they actually footsiesā€ to paraphrase.

1 Like

Okā€¦got through it, mostly because it was either this or watch a parking lot in silence (security officer).

ā€¦heā€™s not saying anything new. Orchidā€™s butt, Kim Wuā€™s face, gameplay not favorable to his Orchid playstyle, Orchid bugsā€¦ really nothing new at all.

I will say one thing I do agree with, as neat of a concept as Shadow Lords was, after playing through it several times (nearly 90% dossiers and only missing 2 mimic skins), I really donā€™t think it was worth what was given up for it. If it were something where we could have had all the content we couldā€™ve got (more stages, more costumes & accessories, season 3 story mode) and Shadow Lords, yeah, itā€™d be cool. But as is Iā€™ve noticed people that still play it consistantly donā€™t seem to be doing it for the enjoyment of a new mode so much as for the collectithon and trying to squeeze out those last few random dossier drops that simply arenā€™t dropping. Plus IMHO boss Gargos isnā€™t fun. Not exactly because heā€™s too hard so much as unlike OP bosses in other games you get only 1 chance with 3 players, and then thatā€™s itā€¦back to round 1 for you. No continues, no retries, nothing.
Boss Shago in comparison you can challenge as many times as you like once youā€™ve earned access to him.
Eh, I would have just rather had a solid story/arcade mode and more costumes/accessories and stages. :confused:

Just not Orchidā€™s butt. I could care less about having that stuck in my familyā€™s collective face every intro for her.

Well I give him credit for being passionate and expressing his feelings. There are things I definitely agree with and disagree with.

1. The game def needs a bigger budget. Like him, I would buy costumes and content if it were good. The gold skins, mimic, and shadow skins are garbage to me. They lack any imagination or creativity. I would rather then use those resources for something else.

2. The retro costumes are pretty bad LoL.

3. There needs to be a better balance between ā€œfundamentalsā€ and the ā€œcrazy.ā€ I will admit that I honestly thought the game was at itā€™s best towards the end of S2. Pure footsies is boring to me which is why I donā€™t play SFV, but it canā€™t get too crazy like MVC3 which is too chaotic to me. TJ lā€™s is constantly hitting buttons and power lining their way to victory. Shadow Jago is ā€œeverywhere.ā€ I think the minions for Gargos are the dumbest thing ever. I know they want the characters to be fun to play, but fighting AGAINST some of these characters isnā€™t fun at all.

4. Combo breakers are way too easy now. Like he said,ā€œNow itā€™s not ā€˜canā€™ they break it itā€™s ā€˜willā€™ they break it?ā€ The old manual system shouldā€™ve never been taken out. I also think that lockouts should be longer, which might deter people from guess breaking as much. Or make combo breakers an input motion like the old KI.

5. I think IG has done a really good job creating unique characters and unique play styles. Hisako has to be one of the best designed characters of all time. Personally, I gravitate to the more ā€œoddā€ characters (Aganos, Hisako, Mira, Kan-Ra, EyeDol). I just wish they wouldā€™ve given us totally new characters for the DLC instead of these remixes.

6. ShadowLords. I think we all know that most of the budget was spent on this mode. Iā€™ve never touched it and never plan on touching it. This isnā€™t Zelda or any other RPG - itā€™s a fighting game. Give us and good in depth story mode and call it a day. I think Combo Assist took additional funds to create as well. I understand the thought behind this but at the same time it makes the game ā€œtooā€ simple and deters people from actually learning. There has to be a better balance of satisfying the wants of the ā€œhardcoreā€ community and the ā€œcasuals.ā€ I think S3 allocated too many resources to the ā€œcasualā€ gamer.

7. Back to the beaker system, counter-breakers this season are definitely wonky. Itā€™s like u gotta be Miss Cleo to get a counter-breaker in S3.

8. Stages - yes, I wouldā€™ve like for each character to have gotten their own stage. I would even be willing to pay for it as DLC.

9. There isnā€™t enough from MS to support the tournament scene. They donā€™t need to give ridiculous amounts like Street Fighter, but they could give something. Heck, if it werenā€™t for Brandon Alexander KIWC wouldnā€™t be a thing. Capcom World Cup is thrown by ā€œCapcomā€ not the players.

10. Iā€™ve been playing the game since S1 and bought my XBoxOne for this game. Through the years, Iā€™ve noticed that every time the game is in sort of a ā€œlimboā€ state people get nervous and complain. Several players have stopped playing the game through the years (CDJr, Justin Wong, Alex Valle, just to name a few) but that happens. I still play the game when I can, but I have to admit that is more stressful than fun. Iā€™m still hopeful and optimistic for the games future. Hopefully, there will be a new installment of the game in the future.

Iā€™ll see you all online. Fight On!!!

1 Like

Heā€™s mentioned this on other threads before, and the thing is there has always been an answer to breaking, and thatā€™s countet breakers. LCD has mentioned several times that he just straight-up refuses to use them, and in doing so he strips away the most effective tool the game gives for constant breakers from his arsenal.

ā€¦resets work as well.

7 Likes

Yeahā€¦ No. Iā€™ll just scroll down and see the comments section and observe peopleā€™s thoughts and opinions cause Iā€™m now busy every day hardly gaming anymore. I mean 2 hours? No 'fense but pass.
Side note: I will however come back playing if there was a Wendigo (still hoping) :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

If DH stayed behind the wheel, it would be the same but with different set of complaints.

I just jumped through timestamps, but as to what Iā€™ve seen:

-I believe there is a small gap between blocked Eyedol DP with instinct on and meteor shower where you can punish with projectile invincible move or throw when u dont have meter (so you wont get hit by meteors during animation and propably get located away from meteors). Also he has crap damage without Instinct.

-Cinderā€™s low fullscreen inferno is only available on Instinct or in burned out state (lets remember without it Cinder has crap range and no grounded overhead), so even if you block it and get PD, Cinder has hard time to get in for at least 8 seconds.

-For Fulgoreā€™s safe cyber dash, hmm, he has worse normals than Jago that makes his traditional approach much harder, and teleports are easily stuffed with backjump crossup kicks. Jago can literally walk up to you with F+HK (which has great range and even anti airs sometimes), while Fulgore can only cyber dash to you.

6 Likes

lcd made another video complaining about ki? YES! i could use a nap!

7 Likes

LCD would know this if he went into the lab. I actually learned that by watching @Infilament 's video analysing Deltaā€™s Eyedol vs a Cinder.

4 Likes

Because counter breakers have to have setups into them to work effectively since random counter breakers are completely punishable. The issue is that counter breaker setup ability complete varies by a character by character basis in the game so some characters can get much more of of it.

For example if someone locks out against a Raam. As Raam combo them then time your Shadow shank so that when they leave lockout they only have ~2-4 break chances left. They have two choices, either eat your damage ender into oki into oki blah blah or attempt to break obvious shadow move to escape.

If manual restrictions didnā€™t exist, I doubt ADs would see much use outside of lockouts anymore. And Iā€™m sure players would still be just as allergic to throwing out heavy linkers due to the breakability risk they pose (maybe even moreso), which altogether may only just move some of the 50/50 guess breaking from L/M manuals to L/M linkers instead. I donā€™t think it would solve the issue by itself.

Anyone who says the quality of the game went down just doesnā€™t remember season 1 or season 2.

@VladKravich DH isnā€™t a thing anymore. There is no such studio. They were bought by Amazon and are now a part of Amazon games studios. Thereā€™s no ā€œbringing them back.ā€ MS didnā€™t choose to fire DH - there was no studio left for them to hire. DH is gone. This has been told to everyone over and over and over. I donā€™t know how you donā€™t understand this yetā€¦

Edit: and god ā– ā– ā– ā–  it, anyone talking about how the game has too many bugs and then asking for DH to come back is high. Remember going to jail for ranked disconnects? Season one had twice the bugs in 1/3 of the game.

24 Likes

Donā€™t forget having all your saved progress being constantly deleted, I swear that pissed me the hell off so much back then.

8 Likes