LCD's thoughts on KI

Im willing to bet I have more KI memorabilia than most people in the community. LCD is only known becasue he made top 8 EVO 3 years ago. He hasnt done anything since except fall further and further from that spot each year. And with each loss come more and more “issues” with the game that he considers as road blocks from him returning to his lucky EVO placement.

Great players = consistency- LCD is neither.

4 Likes

Its so popular to dislike LCD geez guys :joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

He’s made Top 8 at almost every single offline major he’s attended, including the premier KI tournaments like Combo Breaker.

6 Likes

Ok list them then… from the past year.

Your about to get dunked on kid lmfao.

1 Like

Having listened to LCD in the past, I wonder what would have happened had he not lost his money match with Thompxson after KIWC.

1 Like

. . . . . .no. He’s still a really relevant KI tournament player. The guy is crazy good. NWM 2016, SCR 2016 and Frosty Faustings 2017.

2 Likes

No it doesn’t. His opinion has no impact on your enjoyment.

1 Like

I’ve given him enough time in the past and I hit the intro and 4 other parts of the video briefly to affirm it’s the same song and dance he’s been spewing for months now.

Listen I get it, you spend tons of time dedicating yourself to something. And then you stop having fun and it makes you wonder, was it worth all that time I spent? Maybe it’s hard to remember that you actually had a lot of fun because all you can think about is that you’re not having fun now. So it’s hard not to be bitter when you’ve convinced yourself that you’ve wasted so much of your valuable time.

I watched your streams paul and I watched LCD’s. I’ve given you both my own personal earnings in support in the past. You guys had a lot of fun with this game it was plain to see, don’t forget that.

2 Likes

Im not saying he isnt good. But anyone that consistently looses and then blames the game doesnt have my respect.

You dont see ppl that consistently win , blame the game.

Thats all I have to say on this and nothing more.

1 Like

http://rank.shoryuken.com/rankings/player/byname/LCD#KI

1 Like

@UABass @F3Sleep both have critical opinions about KI and they win A LOT.

6 Likes

Neither make 2 hours videos once a month

Dont dare put Sleep in the same category as Larry.

Bass and LCD quit… they are no longer valid in this discussion

I did. It was just a rehash of every point he has come onto the forums to complain about in he past year or so. If you’ve seen any of the topics he’s started in the past year, you don’t have to watch the video.
Plus about an hour and a half was just him not being able to figure out how to get to the point.

9 Likes

I follow both PaulB and LCD on Twitch and enjoy their sessions.

PaulB in particular is very entertaining to watch when he doesn’t take matches to seriously and is just having fun. In part because he makes great commentary on what he is doing and the bad habits of his opponents----fundamentals…lol

That said, I’m turned off when the streams become more negative and less about having fun. This applies to all streamers/games and not just these two.

3 Likes

Trust. . . .i may not have off hand quotables from the guy but he is not happy with s3 as a whole. I’m surprised he didn’t quit by now.

They quit true but they still interact and talk about the game. Heck bass even TEACHES THE COMMUNITY how to play KI in certain situations. I think both bass and lcd still play a part and while you may not agree with some (or all) of their gripes about the game, disregarding them would be a disservice to how we can make KI a great game for AS MANY PPL AS POSSIBLE.

I just dont think Bass and Sleep are in the same category as LCD.
Neither talk trash publicly about the game.

I dont have a problem with any of them…and I like LCD…but these rant videos and threads stir up more negative energy than positive.

You yourself was just saying on another thread more than once about positive energy regarding KI… I prefer to do the same and not feed LCDs rant posts.

Hell him and Raven Emanuel should co host a show together on why KI sucks lol

4 Likes

LOL dere are cultistz man, im telling you dere are cultists in the KI community!! HAHA

5 Likes

Adapting to changes is difficult, especially as you get older , where your tried and true methods and preferences that got you this far in life start to become obsolete.

The funny thing is that once you’re really old, is when you realize that the more things change the more they stay the same. Life…

2 Likes

Omg lmao …I just caught this…took me a second!

1 Like