Last two characters guessing game

I really don’t like the idea of a random brute getting into KI before at the very least a friggin random Spartan let alone one of several main characters that have been in throughout the Halo franchise. Arby made sense because within Halo he was known for being a sword-weilder as much as a shooter, not to mention one of the main protagonists in Halo 2 & 3, so he was the best of both worlds. But if they’re going to do anything else Halo, at least give us Halo’s bread & butter first so we don’t end up with KI: Covenant Edition.

2 Likes

The next update is in March. This is the same time Halo Wars 2 comes out. The next character will be the villain from Halo Wars 2. The gorilla looking monster.

2 Likes

Sad. That’d honestly be kinda like having a game with Knuckles from the sonic franchise as a guest, and then instead of giving people Sonic for their next dive into the franchise they instead get Vector the Crocodile because he’s heavily featured in an upcoming Sonic game.

No…It’d be like putting an all new character, let’s say Stretch the Giraffe, in this hypothetical game instead of Sonic.

I must say, as much as I’m not a fan of getting a second character from a franchise when there are other franchises that could get one, that dude from Halo Wars 2 looks cool AF.

I’d be curious if they’d think that was a good cross promotion. Does KI get a Halo bump from that? Does a Halo RTS get a KI bump? Does it help either of them in any tangible way? I’m not being rhetorical, I’d be legitimately curious.

I’d have to think that there’d be some sort of backlash from having a second character from a series (and another guest no less). Especially in a time when more and more people are starting to see Halo as a series that’s a tad overexposed at the moment since MS seems to be depending more and more on their big three franchises.

Who knows. I can’t really say I’m for it or against it, as I think that character looks awesome. I just can’t seem to shake the feeling that another guest from a different series or a just a straight up MS/IG character design wouldn’t be more preferable. Of course, those might bring less attention to the game…

Sorry, don’t mean to sound as though I’m thinking out loud. I just think that there are a couple of things to consider. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I know why you think it is sad. It is because you can see it being done. Considering how the other 3 guests were handled, I would not be shocked at all over this.

Just so you know that I also think that this would be sad. I just would not surprised by it when you think about the date of Halo Wars 2 and the time of the update.

I still would consider it a win over JD though.

Agreed. I’d rather take anything Halo over JD any day of the week, even if it were something lousy, like a Jackal.

…ok maybe not a Jackal…

Completely innocent question:

Were there any female crackdown agents, brutes or any females whatsoever in all of Halo series? Just curious…

Would love to know if there may be a female from the slot should it be only a shadow lords hint character

An eyes of rylai agent would be insane

Edit-
What game had the female robot Cortana

Halo 5 had 2 female characters I think. I know there was at least one. Cortana would be cool, but she is to much like Aria is. An AI put in a robot body.

1 Like

Ah thanks!

Was Cortana in Halo?

Yesh she was in pretty much every game.

3 Likes

I’ve been saying this for a while. No more then one guest per franchise. You get more then one character from halo and ki will just turn into some weird off shoot of halo

No, KI is well established enough it’s not going to be any more a Halo game than MKX is a classic horror movie game with Leatherface, Jason, a Predator, and a Xenomorph .

Yes but those are all guests with their own franchise. I have nothing against guests, but you don’t need two halo guests, that’s a problem

I understand about having more than one guest from same place, but I would rather have the Halo Wars 2 Gorilla than another character from another dead franchise.

I would like a big gorilla over a woman spy with a gun.

3 Likes

Why Shadow Orchid, what would be the premise behind her character? If we’re going to get an Orchid based character why not have Roxy? she could bring back the tonfa move set from KI2, be an agent for UltraTech and essentially still be an “Evil” Orchid. Shadow Jago was unique imho because he’s tied into Jago’s inner struggle with the corruption of Gargos, something Shadow Orchid doesn’t really have.

2 Likes

James Bond and Chuck Norris

jk

tho, a beard fist would be pretty cool.

Sometimes in Shadow Lords I put Retro Riptor inn the camo jacket and pretend she is Arby’s Jackal.

1 Like

I voted the Halo Brute in #1 on the poll. The Brute’s were also supposed to be the main villain of Halo 5. They most likely will play a bigger part in the next installment plus they were in Halo 3 which has an anniversary this year too. This is gonna be nuts.

There is only one kind of guest I would prefer. Some kind of Shadowrun character. That or maybe, maybe Raiden despite him not being MS just because he simply belongs in KI and I love MGS.

Really? I didn’t know that, I’ve been waiting to see the brutes come back to halo for a long time but thought that after the events of 3 the elites continued fighting them. The brutes though without proper leadership reverted back to their old ways of being tribal savages and fought each other which led to them having a much smaller population.

Imma cut in between and put this here.

WENDIGO FOR KI! IG MAKE IT HAPPEN! KEITS PLZZZ!! - with love, Dr. Weird :3

5 Likes