Kim Wu reveal is a concerning matter

I hope most of you will still play Kim Wu, because of her Moveset, and not Just her face. That’s like saying you won’t play Glacius because he’s ugly. LOL XD

4 Likes

Yeah and that’s why I wish people would just hold their snap judgments a little. I want to see stuff early, I want to see it progress in to a finished product, and want the devs to feel like they can bring an earlier build to us and have us check it out without people freaking about things that will almost assuredly get tuned, polished, etc as opposed to months of nothing until the final product is released.

I mean yeah, people are going to give their gut reactions on twitch, no question. I also don’t think that initial feedback is a bad thing. I’m sure MS and IG see it and know what to hone in on, what to acknowledge and what to discard for any number of reasons. But beyond that, I don’t see the utility in taking issue with earlier build stuff that will likely get smoothed out later.

If it’s not, well okay. Then we actually have something to talk about.

1 Like

Best comment 2016

2 Likes

Come on that’s not fair to Glacius, for all we know he could be considered the most attractive on his home planet.

6 Likes

LOL He may as well be the sexiest thing alive on his planet, but not here. If we got people getting upset that someone’s face “looks weird & off”, imagine how people would respond to Glacius. Lol.

I love Glacius, for you Glacius fans, I promise! :blush:

2 Likes

Well when glacius was first revealed we did have people complaining! Everyone also hated jago.

2 Likes

99% of us that played Kim at KIWC, didn’t care about the minor, subjective, not finalized forms of her as a character and the build. She was fun to play as/against, and no puddles got in the way of people having fun. Just saying :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

[quote=“KevBones10, post:17, topic:4669, full:true”]

[/quote]Kan-Ra too, in the teaser where he screamed at the camera he looked like crap.

2 Likes

And it looks like you guys had SO much fun!

2 Likes

Yeah. Look at this pic. There is nothing wrong with her face. I don’t know what you guys are talking about… :confused:

4 Likes

Those aren’t actually words from me but the chat. When the dude made people tweet out the stream I cringed and then I saw a ton of people on the chat write sellout. It def was out of place imo, especially since it would have been better with the arbiter to carry the momentum instead of an unfinished Kim Wu.

I agree with this, but to be fair we don’t know if that is what they considerd his final design or if the forumn complaining made them fix it. Same with Kim, we don’t know if they consider the Kim in the trailer as their final design or if us complaining will get their attention to fix her. Might as well complain instead of not say anything and then find out that was her final look.

My major gripe with Kim isn’t that she looks unfinished or is poorly crafted, I’m just not at all a fan of her design. What they went with, looks good for what it is. I just don’t like it.

Yeah they’re sellouts.

18 unique characters with more on the way
Taking community feedback with regards to development
Pouring money into KI’s tournament scene through the community fund

I’m sure there’s more, but no, they aren’t sellouts.

7 Likes

Would you be surprised if at least two separate but overlapping teams worked on KI Season 2 and now 3?

I’m sorry man, I didn’t mean to put that on you then if it was other people saying it. I dunno, I guess I’m just missing something. Strangely timed? I guess, but why is it selling out?

I don’t mean to put you on the spot or make you defend something you didn’t say, I guess I’m just asking in general. Not really connecting the dots (been a long day and my brain seems to be shutting down).

There are lots of Kim Wu threads already. I’m not sure why we need yet another one.

Also, @Kixmix, I’m not sure why it is you think that anyone who likes something is a yes man but anyone who doesn’t like it has a valid opinion that should be taken seriously. Frankly, I’ve had a bad day and I’m pretty tired of listening to complete nonsense from ■■■■■■■■ on the forum who only see the negative. Nothing in your post makes any ■■■■ sense as far as I can tell. Your complaint about Kim Wu is that the puddle’s don’t splash, and then you complain that Rash’s taunts are too good? What the hell are you talking about?

[quote=“Kixmix, post:4, topic:4669”]
Immersion is broken when an 8th generation console game remembers that there are reflections bouncing off puddles on the floor yet forgets that if feet land in them, there is a reaction from the water.
[/quote] Are you joking?

Twitch chat is NOT evidence of anything. Why don’t you scroll through the Twitch chat and pull up all the racist, sexist, and absurd comments people made all throughout the KI cup? No, seriously. There were real women at the KI cup and I think you should go pull up what the Twitch chat said about them and compare it to what was said about Kim Wu. Frankly, I couldn’t give two ■■■■■ what the Twitch chat had to say about the Kim Wu reveal. But hey, why don’t we post a thread in here and get the same bunch of whiners who always complain about EVERYTHING running down the game, the design team, the producers, the MS team, MS as a company. And then when they quit because no one is buying the game, you will all be complaining that there is no more KI. We live in a peculiar age where somehow you can only call yourself a true “fan” if what you do is completely trash the movie/game/tv show/comic that you are supposed to be a “fan” of.

The idea that IG/MS is going to turn out sloppy unfinished work, except if people get on the forums and post nebulous demands in a thread saying “the Kim Wu reveal worries me,” is beyond ridiculous. It’s preposterous. How about you go make your own version of KI so that I can post about how ■■■■■■ it looks on the internet.

I like Kim Wu’s design, I don’t have any problem with her face and I think her stage looks great. Her animations too. The development team was excited to share their work with us, and even if you have criticisms I think you should express them in a respectful way instead of insulting and dismissing their hard work. Trust me, they are far better at making this game than you are. I also don’t think that SUPPORTING THINGS YOU LIKE makes you a sheep, a sellout or a yes man.

8 Likes

Did you really just refer to the KI fanbase as sheep!? Shame on you! Them’s fightin’ words, see, so now you’re gonna get it! The gloves are coming off! Come see how this particular sheep will fluff you up! :sheep:

2 Likes

Andy, This is not the place to vent out your bad day. Take a breath, try to relax, and enjoy the rest of your night. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Maybe its because I know nothing about designing characters faces but I don’t see what is wrong with her face in this picture. It looks alright to me. Maybe they could make her skin look more “real” but everything else looks fine.

4 Likes