Kim Wu reveal is a concerning matter

I’d say they’ve shown an early season 3 build one for public viewing. I’d say those 'problems are mostly likely fixed I’m their current version. I think thunder and spirals stage has splashing water so no reason it won’t appear on kims stage.
Same thing happened at the start of season 2 IG shown a clearly early wip version of combo and everyone flipped. So ig shyed away from showing more stuff till it was near ready. They tried again with Kim and the same things are happening again. It’ll get to a point they’ll just show a trailer then release the same day.
A work in progress is exactly that!

2 Likes

I AM SO WITH YOU on those Stereotypes.

I am mixed Puerto Rican & Domicican, and I look kind of white, more from my Puertorican side. I get called Mexican, that I should jump back over the border, asking if I know how to swim, asking if I eat a lot of spanish food, asking if I work in construction, assuming I don’t speak English…ect.

So when I tell them I love Cheeseburgers, Cheesecake, I’m in College, I’m a really decent swimmer, I speak English perfectly and Learning Spanish (But can understand it well), and I work in Retail, everyone is like:

SAY WHAT?

Lol It’s funny. Like you said though. People have to realize there are people out there with stereotypes attached to them, and they don’t do ANY of that stuff.

1 Like

The problems some people have I guess. I literally spent years waiting for a new KI. I’m just happy it’s here and it’s as awesome as it is. Life has too many problems to let minor stuff like this get to me.

As an aside, I find it a bit offensive when you call people sheep just because they don’t align with your view. It’s elitist.

1 Like

I do not want to be a troll or sound like a jerk, but I saw this on Facebook and I have to post it here.

https://scontent-mad1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/12644725_1058429530854985_5298360855787074863_n.jpg?oh=61db1f42627a551ab876044d1b33953c&oe=573C5F38

it hurts me more than it hurts you, I swear.

5 Likes

LOL Yoooooo! :joy:

1 Like

the problem is not how kim wu looks.

the problem is how kim wu’s face looks compared to Maya, who was created by the same people. It’s a step backwards.
Also the walk and nunchuk animations are as bad as Maya’s.

Sometimes it’s like IG has A and B teams.

It’s difficult to think the same team responsible for Maya’s gorgeous face is the same as the one for Kim
It’s difficult to think the same team responsible for Rash’s incredibly good animations is the same as the one doing the Maya, TJ and Kim walk animations.
It’s hit and miss, like Windows. XP good, Vista crap, Win 7 good, Win 8 meh…

3 Likes

Lol!
I can’t wait for KOF17

Agreed, you see what I mean. There is definitely something going on.

I’m calling people sheep because it is a known fact that you will have a whole bunch of people that simply agree or love it because it is a franchise they love. I’m not calling individuals out, I’m simply stating fact. There is a glaring problem with Kim Wu, you can’t ignore it unless you are playing your version of KI on PS2…to just be amazed at sub par everything by her is to just be amazed because it is “new”

I was thrilled they finally revealed her. Her face looks fine and her gameplay is amazing.

I don’t want IG/MS to stop giving us early glimpses because some people can’t comprehend what it means to be a work in progress. Stop flipping out and provide some sensible feedback. The devs have been responsive and respectful of us, so we should do the same with them.

6 Likes

I have given my feedback. Is it a very early build of her? where was this stated? It would make a lot of sense if it was, but they left that out or aren’t saying…the Season comes out in a month or so…Wouldn’t they want to show the best version or up to date version?

You are not stating fact; you are stating your opinion, one that is largely unquantifiable at that. Everything you’re talking about is subjective and you’re merely being condescending towards those that don’t hold a similar opinion, to the point of dehumanizing them by calling them sheep.

4 Likes

ok if you are so sensitive replace “sheep” with “yes men”, the point is still there. I’m not pulling this stuff out of my ■■■, there are a lot that also see glaring issues

While I certainly agree that there are some fans that will love anything because it’s new, you also have to allow for the fact that two people can look at the same thing and see it differently. It doesn’t automatically mean that one of them is a cheerleader or a homer or a sheep.

Honestly, I look at Kim Wu and I see a fun character gameplay-wise, but I also see a character that looks like she still needs another layer of polish and given where we’re at, I’m fine with that. I want them to show us stuff through all stages of development.

As people keep saying (and I agree), TJ was the same way. It’s not bad that people are saying she looks rough in certain areas because it sends a message that it’s an area of concern that should be addressed, but truthfully, I think they were going to regardless.

As for Rash’s taunt being more developed, again, he’s been in development longer. Let’s just wait and see what the finished product looks like before we jump to any conclusions. Remember her victory pose and how washed out it was? These are all things they’ll almost assuredly touch up before launch.

Oh and @CRIS178, what’s up with calling them sell outs for trying to get people tweet about it? KIWC was a tournament, but it was also being used to promote the game. How is that selling out? Im not put off or whatever? Just curious what you meant.

3 Likes

Kim wu’s looks asian…That’s all I really have to say…and I like it…

I kinda feel Like Kim wu stole for most people at home, what the Ki world cup was trying to represent…It’s not e3 people. It was supposed to be a very nice event… But that’s just me… I feel Like it got downgraded for folks at home because of Kim…

Please tell me I’m wrong

Term your saying right now is FANBOY/GIRL. I believe.

1 Like

or that can be used as place holder, you get my drift

Well I said what I had to say…
But this was seriously me during that time.

8 Likes

TJ Combo was even more unfinished then Kim Wu ever was at the time, but that didn’t stop MS/IG from showing him off at an even bigger event (E3 2014).

4 Likes

that’s why I have faith in them.