Kilgore Walkthrough with Iron Galaxy

If they’re not going to consume or even play Fulgore, why buy? granted I can understand some of the complaints as well.

TL;DR on this topic:

Some don’t wanna pay 10 dollars for kilgore and don’t feel the need to support the scene that way (if any want to at all)

some are ok with it. and want to support the scene.
The End

Really interested in Kilgore, but $10 is a bit too steep for me right now. Maybe there will be a bundle for all three new characters when they’re all released. Still, he seems like a fun type of zoner.

Funny lol

Can we get a confirmation of a character bundle or no, they are all separate.

That is all well and good, but at that point all we are talking about semantics, and perspective.

Bottom line is the character ATM is $10. If you don’t want it, vote with your wallet and don’t get it. If you don’t care about the tourney scene, don’t support it.

I don’t mean to be an ■■■ about it, it just is what it is.

To be fair, IG has consistently done bundles that made sense even if they didn’t give is forewarning. I would assume there will be a three character bundle and wait to purchase any of them until it’s official if I were you.

I know that. I just compared it to a charity fund, since neither will I be able to attend any tournament, nor would I be interested, if given the opportunity. Please understand that I would be paying for something that I would never benefit from. It would mean as much to me as if you were asked to pay extra in order to fund Kanye’s next album - and you didn’t even like rap.

Either way, I believe I have given quite enough support over the past few years by buying each Ultra season and Shadow Jago before being rubbed in the face with a “Definitive Edition” with all the previously available content plus exclusives I can never get otherwise at half the price… It taught me a valuable lesson: to always wait for a better opportunity, i.e., price drop or promotional campaign. And I’m a very patient fellow, I don’t mind waiting. That’s why I said I will only consider buying or not once I get the pricing and details on all upcoming characters. There’s at least 2 more characters to announce and I still don’t know who they are or how much they will cost (let alone Ultimates and other content). Once I know, I’ll decide. Until then, I’ll wait.

As for Shadow Jago, at the time I felt it was a “one time” opportunity, since he had been around for a year and the “exclusive to preorders” deal was still in the air. I felt there would only be occasional promotions to get him, so I (begrudgingly) paid for him as soon as the opportunity arose (and that opportunity was also a “limited time” one). Then some time later he became available for purchase permanently and later still, he was included in the “DE”. The lesson again? Should have waited longer…

1 Like

While I’m happy with my purchase, I can feel why it feels like an extra downer for some.

No character has been teased like Kilgore in a while if ever…he was shortly playable in SL, he had a countdown banner, and was already sitting teasingly in your menu…

It creates a ‘craving’ so to speak, for them to go on launchday and tell everyone he’s 10$ (more than any other character so far, except Shago, but he was billed as expensive and as community boost in advance) can create aversion…

They should have announced the price in advance and let it sink in, people who thought he was expensive might have a financial bonus sometime and figure why not, or maybe they are warming up to the character and deciding to buy him anyway afterall…now there is this annoying feeling of being ‘ripped off’.

Smart thing though, ending with the Ultimate, wasnt really clamoring for it like some, but enthusiastic now.

Kind of like the ‘hey look the graphics get an update…and there will be 3 new stages’

2 Likes

Hey man, Ultimates? Yes, ULTIMATES.

I feel a lot better about paying 10 bucks know I know that something that I’ve wanted is coming (BETTER BE FOR FREE) eventually.

If you don’t want to support the scene then just wait eventually we’ll probably get a bundle with all 3 charecters for cheaper.

Those mad about buying the game slowly at released (like me) shouldn’t be. Paying $130 for a game to be supported for what, about 3 years? That’s pretty damn good, plus you got early access to charecters and everyone’s retro and accessories and KI 1 and 2 plus a HUGE headstart on anyone waiting for a “complete” version of KI.

If you bought the definitive edition and are mad about dlc being added…eheh your right that is dumb.

1 Like

Alot of us don’t live close to where most of the tournaments are, so to us the extra $5 is a waste of money. I would rather IG take the whole 10 instead of five for the community fund. Now if some of the money went to online tournaments I would feel better about supporting the community fund.

While I understand your point and mostly agree with it…I do believe it might be somewhat beneficial to you in the long run. If the tourneyscene get more popular (Ultimates might help there too), more people might flock to the game, meaning more and longer support…

In your example you’re comparing apples to oranges…you basically said you were asked to pay extra for something else like say investing in this fund helps make street fighter v or something, the point is the money is going back into the health and longevity of the game you apparantly like a lot, the fact that there is going to be a whole new year of tourneys after the KI cup in march means long and hopefully intense support from the devs going forward and this might really help out there…

Yup, I make a comment about letting others do what they please with their money and I’m getting an attempted snarky response that’s the equivalent of a backfiring potato gun.

2 Likes

Actually, in the gameplay leading up to the ultimate, you can clearly see Jago with 4 wins…

#Season4Confirmed

3 Likes

To be fair, online tournaments could fall under the purview of the community fund.

And look, I get not everyone goes to tournaments. But let’s not act like that is the only reason to support it. Tournaments provide exposure and interest in a game, as well as viewing entertainment. There are reasons to support them, even if you don’t compete.

2 Likes

I agree, I would pay even more then 10$ if money went to the funding of new stages

I personally don’t care about Kilgore, so I won’t be buying him.
I do agree that 10$ is rather expensive for a single character.
But those who don’t mind, well, I hope you enjoy the character and think he’s worth it. ^^

1 Like

Same here, but a publisher is never going to say that that or give a breakdown of how they arrived at their price or development allocation. Maybe that’s what’s happening with the skin pack pricing. Who knows?

Says the guy that constantly taunts and tea bags people he knows and says the taunt button is the best button in the game… yeah, common courtesy. lol

*** if you truly are joking , my bad…but if you arent…well…to each his own.

1 Like

Its bad dude…so bad i finally left both of the main groups to keep myself from their drama and false information.
to hear they are currently mocking ppl to buy the CF to fund their little pot bonus is so like them.

Im not surprised…I am surprised you havent left the group yet. I just couldnt take it anymore. You cant post anything there without being torn apart by their little click.
Not naming names but there are a few “pro” players that cant stand that group as well. The main culprits are “wanna be” pro players. they just brown nose those guys and hang around the page

But ANYWAY…cant wait to get home and play some KI

I still stand by that. The taunt button is the best button in the game bar none. There is no better button.