So apparently locking a character behind a larger paywall for a community fund is okay now?

For those saying “why cant we get KI gold along with the purchase?”

Remember, currently we all get 600 Ki gold per week if we play the 3 corresponding Trials on the Daily give away. So them giving out more Gold kinda of takes away from that dont you think?

I do agree the C-Fund might be better utilized in a skin pack or multiple skin packs…for us anyway. for them, they feel they can guarantee more sales with a character…more people will buy the character than the skins.
What if the skins dont correspond with your main character? YOu may not buy it.

I on the other hand will buy everything they release…but people like me are few and far between outside the forums.

But it’s not just $10 for the character. Half of it is a donation. Just because you don’t care about the tourney scene and see no value in it, doesn’t mean the $5 donation part ceases to exist. If they offer the next character and say “yep, they’re ten bucks and it’s all coming to us” then you can talk about your issues of spending $10 on a character.

Because it’s a common good. More money going to pot bonuses draw or keep more players. More players means more streams to view, more tourneys to view, more general attention for the game and thus more purchases, which means more money for MS / IG and more incentive to keep making content for us.

Now, you can question any part of that chain and how effective it might actually be in practice, but I tend to think that MS / IG wouldn’t want us to donate to a community fund if they didn’t think it was worth it.

It’s kinda like paying property taxes when 90% of it goes to local public schools even though you don’t have kids. Good schools mean you live in a more desirable school district, which entices more people to move there, which drive up home prices.

Just because something’s not an immediate, overt benefit to you doesn’t mean there’s no benefit at all. Sometimes the fringe benefit outweighs the overt benefit. Sometimes it doesn’t. Either way, there’s an argument to be made about the value of the tourney scene and why it’s a good thing to donate to and also what we as fans get out of it.

4 Likes

Oh yeah the entire CPT pack was 24.99 (stage, a couple costumes) but if you just wanted the stage you could get it by itself…for 10 dollars lol it was still a lot for a stage by itself tho haha

I don’t have a tournament scene near me for hundreds of miles. I got good by only playing online.

It’s the same way Shadow Jago was. It helped create and support.

It’s the same for Kilgore. Swallow the $10 or don’t buy it.

Plenty have bought it and we aren’t going to care.

Compared to the prices SFV offers? This is CHEAP

Not going to argue with this anymore. Not worth my time.

1 Like

I will wait until he is priced fairly, or use money I earn from bing to purchase.

To quote myself:

Whether or not if it is alright, I don’t know. It’s kinda the same as with Shadow Jago, right? So what you’re doing is basically donate some money and you get a character as a thanks in return.

People keep bringing up shadow jago but fail to remember he included more then just the character.

By the time that happens, IG may shut down any and all development to the game because fans like you refused to continue supporting it. If and when that happens, you’ll only have yourself to blame…

1 Like

Oh man! I might have bought it to complete my set…that night I went and bought all 4 new stages for 2.99 each? I spent my FG money on skins and one of the other stages for 40,000.

I do like the Evo stage but 10$ is a lot!!! the PS store is very vague on how to locate the items and the different ways to purchase them. Im not a fan of it.

I do agree with the opinion that community funding should be kept separate from playable characters, and with cosmetics instead. At least it feels more optional to some people that way.

3 Likes

I

We are all enjoying ourselves.

Actually, Nicky doesn’t like Kilgore design, but he’s a Fulgore player lmao

1 Like

I can respect that argument. I see why they tie it to something people would want, as they want people to support the tourney scene, but if you’re really that against it, what you’re saying makes sense.

I don’t agree with the sentiment towards the tourney scene, but that’s your opinion and you’re more than entitled to it.

For your sake, I hope you don’t have to wait too long.

And you keep failing to remember that a move set for an already existing character plus some fake in game currency that you can spend on stuff you can unlock without needing it was $20 versus a character and a donation for half that cost.

Some see the value and some don’t.

3 Likes

If they go out of business because of forcing people to donate extra money to get a character, so be it.

This is a better deal than “just cosmetics” though - you get additional accessories (which is more than Shago ever got, and he was 2x as expensive) AND a whole new character!

They’re not forcing anything on anyone. He, like every other character in the game (minus Shago), is an optional $5 purchase (with extras!).

You’d rather see people lose their jobs so you can stand on the principle that paying $5 for a character and $5 to support the scene is too much?

… And on that note… Don’t need to see any more of this thread!

Yeah, it’s an offer. No one is being forced. You are not obligated to pay anything. But yes, if you want the character, then that’s what you gotta pay.

It sucks, I understand that… but you’re twisting it into something it is not, trying to make you the victim of some grand corporation conspiracy. Which is just laughable. XD

5 Likes

No, he isn’t a 5 dollar purchase, because I can’t buy him for 5 dollars, not sure how that is hard to understand.

I don’t want to see anyone lose their jobs, but I also won’t support the tournament tax either. At least not with my money that I work hard for, if I can get it via bing rewards, maybe.

You have already beaten this argument to death, the same as every (rare) occasion you feel like posting.

This is not constructive criticism, just ranting.

4 Likes