So apparently locking a character behind a larger paywall for a community fund is okay now?

I am not sure how anyone could have possibly thought making a FULL PLAYABLE CHARACTER the community fund was a good idea, skins, sure, but not a full character, I hope at some point there is a bundle with all the characters, because 10 dollars for a single character is A JOKE.

6 Likes

First the skins now this.

Sigh…

2 Likes

This is a VALID complaint, the skins may have been overboard, but this is DOWNRIGHT RIDICULOUS.

4 Likes

No skin off my bones.

2 Likes

Not defending anything here but because people will buy new characters. MKX tried the optional “support funds” for blue steel sub zero and crimson ermac and I bought neither, now had they made Jason or Leatherface the tourney fund they would have gotten more of my money.

But hey, Capcom asked the same price for a STAGE (Ring Of Destiny). At least we are getting an actual character.

Then don’t post here.

1 Like

Skins and stages are what should be used for funds, not FULL CHARACTERS.

It was done with Shadow Jago. It’s not something new.

3 Likes

Shadow Jago came with extra stuff. An extra character and KI Gold. I thought it was stupid then too, but at least you could make a case for that, since it wasn’t just a single character.

3 Likes

With Shadow Jago, you got $20 worth of KI Gold, which made it a little bit easier to swallow.

I’m definitely not buying any character alone for $10. It’s a waste of money in my opinion unless you’re going to make that character your new main.

4 Likes

Its a waste of money, and could be the start of a dangerous trend, because nowhere in the description for the character does it say ANYTHING about a community fund.

2 Likes

I’m just gonna link you to this:

Remind you that this was $20, acknowledge the fact that Kilgore will probably get a price reduction once this year’s events are up, and say nothing else. Have a nice day!

1 Like

And when are this years events up? How long are people going to have to wait? Also, microsoft can afford to fund the tournaments, I won’t defend price gouging.

1 Like

It was all covered in the stream that just ended. They confirmed half of the 10 goes towards tourney support, and they posted the tour scheduals.

So when is the price going to be what its supposed to be?

It is, and you don’t have to buy it :stuck_out_tongue: but some of us want to see KI at EVO

3 Likes

And Shago was $20 wasn’t he?

I’m not bothered by this move, but if all 3 characters are $10 each and don’t bundle them all into one package, then that might be a bit much. Bonus is that the tourney players will all have more money to play for.

2 Likes

They could have used a skin pack to acomplish that, not a full character, Shadow jago was ridiculous too, but at least with that, it wasn’t just the character.

1 Like

The price is what it is supposed to be. MS/IG decide what the price is supposed to be, not us. If you don’t think it is worth that price you just don’t buy the character.

And shago was what now, 20 bucks? and in a way was a clone to? and he came with NO ACCESSORIES?

2 Likes