So apparently locking a character behind a larger paywall for a community fund is okay now?

Tournaments decide to host games that get people signed up to play them. KI had a huge pot bonus at last year’s EVO thanks to the Shago community fund but it didn’t have nearly the signups that many of the other games had. I doubt this year will be any different.

I love KI and think it’s one of the best fighting games to come out in a long time. It also has a healthy online community but I have to be realistic. I think the game is on its tournament death bed.

2 Likes

Ms decides to rip people off, and people accept it, got it.

3 Likes

Was shago just shago and nothing else? NO it came with other stuff too, Kilgore doesn’t.

1 Like

So you can make a case for a character plus some in game currency for $20, but the character alone for half that is unacceptable?

Well sure, they have a ton of money. Maybe they should just give us the whole game for free and put us through college?

Or you could allow for the fact that people have a different opinion of what “getting ripped off” actually means. Some people want to donate to the tourney scene. Some people don’t think $10 for a character plus a donation is a rip off. Some do, and that’s fine too.

1 Like

So here it is in the simplest terms: no one is forcing you to buy this, so how exactly is it a rip off?

1 Like

maybe if he doesn’t want he can ask someone to buy Kilgore for him? > w > JK though.

I can understand the complaint and at the end of the day he doesn’t have to.

I will say the gold we for the shago fund? how much was that again?

It is a rip off, nuff said, the donation adds no content to the game. People don’t pay for generosity, if they really needed donations, they could have tied it to a skin pack, not a full character.

1 Like

I have the money, but im not stupid enough to spend 10 dollars on a single character either.

2 Likes

Don’t want to pay $10, then wait for the community fund to end and for the price to drop; either that or DON’T support 1 of the best FGs ever made. $10 is not a lot. Don’t forget that you got accessories too, which is more than Shago got in the last CF. Speaking of which, for those of you saying they should do a CF with skins, well, they did - they just added an entirely new character into the mix, so it’s actually a better deal.

@jpraelster93 The additional funding goes to tournaments to help grow the community. That’s far more imortant than content, which the game already has a lot of.

1 Like

When the character is priced at 5 dollars which is what a character should cost, I will buy it, until then I wait and complain like people are supposed to do if they want to see change.

1 Like

Paying 10 dollars for a single character is such an incredible bargain /s

But you’re smart enough to whine instead of taking real action and complain as if it will change something in the short term…stop embarrassing yourself…

1 Like

The only people embarassing themselves are the ones defending 10 dollars for a single character.

Aaaaactually…

You got the Shago skin for the bundle.

IF the fund reached it goal (and it did) all Shago owners would get the free upgrade to the full-character, so at the time of the fund you got a skin and 7500 KI gold.

1 Like

IG/MS made you an offer. New character + bigger prize pool at KI World Cup for $10. If it’s not worth it to you, then decline their offer. Eventually, maybe they’ll want to sell him to people with lower willingness to pay, and they’ll reduce his price. For now, though, people who think he makes $10 worth it are going to get in on his action.

2 Likes

New character is the only content that is being offered.

You are aware this can help a community fund right?

The community is actually helping itself when you consider how others like the Halo community would rather swing torches and pitchforks at each other (I Love Halo, just can’t stand how the community acts sometimes)

No it’s just you, bud…

Clearly you just need to wait…stop mislabeling what you don’t understand, and exercise patience.

1 Like

If by help, you mean continuing to defend choices that gouge their wallets, sure.

They should slash the price to $5.99 or $6.99 ASAP. $10 is asking for too much. At least give us bonus KI Gold to go with each purchase.

Hope you’re reading this @TempusChaoti @Oxygen @rukizzel.