Kilgore Walkthrough with Iron Galaxy

My thoughts exactly. Happy for those wanted them.

Complaints about Ultimates quality/choice of what happens in general in 3, 2, 1ā€¦

Youā€™re a little late on that one. Look earlier in the thread. :wink:

One more question, if anyone can help. Did they put a time frame on how long we had to purchase Kilgore in order for it to count towards the community fund? Or is it just a continuous process of being added to indefinitely? Thank you.

There is no cap for this fund so I assuming itā€™s infinite.

What an Ultimate Stream! Very pleased with everything. Kilgore loOKs great, Ultimates was a hell of a surprise, and glad to chip in my buck O five to help the chances of a huge HUGE tourney pot bonus! As I said before since day 1 2013 this game contuinues to get better every single month!

ā€œCause if we donā€™t all chip in our buck O five who willā€ :wink:

Cause freedom costs a buck o five lol.

Everyone wants KI at EVO, but lots of us start complaining for a +5ā‚¬ to support the scene.
Iā€™m thankful to have such awesome devs that make the most community driven fighting game ever, and I am pleased to give something back to the community that gave to me lots of fun and countless hours of enjoyment.

3 Likes

I bought him, yes heā€™s expensive (and like @WrathOfFulgore I too am already at the limit of my budget for the month) , but I wanted him because he is an awesome character. Besides that I dont mind supporting the game and I believe supporting the tournamentscene could have a positive effect on KI, and even if it didnt, oh wellā€¦
That said, there should have been an option for people that want him but feel 10$ is too much or cant afford that amount.

Only bummer I feel is that he doesnt seem to have achievements and I would like to know if he will end up getting themā€¦

1 Like

$10 for Kilgore and community support is a no brainer, guys. And honestly, you donā€™t have to get him if you think the price is too much. Have a backbone as a consumer if it really bothers you.

1 Like

Honestly thatā€™s what Iā€™m doing.

What I am upset about after looking around places like facebook, these idiots with the mentality that if you donā€™t buy this, you arenā€™t a real fan and you donā€™t support the game and you are a sad person for not spending 10 dollars.

That is what is infuriating me. These ignorant people.

I am voting with my wallet thatā€™s for sure.

1 Like

Just heard the news and had to speak my mind.
I wonā€™t be purchasing Kilgore. At least not yet. Iā€™m sorry but the price is way too high for one character, notwithstanding the fact that there are 2 more characters to come and I donā€™t even know who they are and how much will all cost in the end. I was honestly expecting a much lower price. I really wanted this character (after all, new characters is what draws me in), but I also have a tight budget and until I donā€™t have more info on upcoming characters, content and respective prices, I wonā€™t be buying it.
Hopefully there will be a ā€œnot-season season passā€ for all 3 characters, but still I find that price too high.

As for the money being used to fund tournaments, Iā€™m sorry if Iā€™m going to sound like an insensitive prick, but I really donā€™t care about tournaments. I donā€™t live in the US, but even if I did I probably wouldnā€™t attend one. Itā€™s not my thing. It wonā€™t do anything for me. It would be the same as giving money for charity. If the money were to be used to produce more game content such as stages, I would reconsider. Stages I care about. But even then I would still need to know all the pricing and content details in advance, in order to make an informed decision (and start saving accordingly). Overmilking content is not a good business move, but dropping the price on release eve is even worse.

Sorry for the bitter words, but I had to express my thoughts.

On the other hand, Iā€™m very pleased to see Ultimates return! Was not expecting that one by a mile. Hereā€™s hope that they wonā€™t cost extraā€¦

2 Likes

Exactly!

I donā€™t think anyone can actually claim that any of us who are posting about the game and debating appropriate pricing arenā€™t fans. People just need perspective. You and I differ on what weā€™re willing to spend on a new character that comes gift wrapped with mandatory community support. As someone who has participated in offline and online tournaments (literally participated is all I can claim), I think the extra five is fantastic. But I get that you and others may not think that and thatā€™s completely understandable.

I donā€™t get why people have to get up in arms about a disagreement like this.

1 Like

Iā€™m not going to try and convince you to put money down where you donā€™t want to, but just my 2 centsā€¦

You arenā€™t JUST buying Kilgore here, you are supporting the community fund. That is what the price tag is about.

Just to recap a bit, Shago was $20 when he came out, and buying him as well was a way to support the tourney scene (albeit with Shago you also got KI gold). But anyway, by buying Kilgore now, yes you are purchasing the character, but you are (arguably more importantly) supporting the tournament scene for the next year. Also, by the way Kiets was talking, it would seem the character wonā€™t come down in price any time soon. The ā€œcapā€ for the Community Fund has no limit, thus they most likely will run this at least til the end of the year.

Iā€™m not lumping them together, so I get you there. But yes, Iā€™m not thrilled about putting money in their wallets, and potentially into any of the individuals from the cancerous Facebook group.who atm is trying their best to get ppl to pay up through mockery and disrespect.

3 Likes

Yikes. Sounds like a wonderful group. Kinda glad Iā€™m not a part of it.

Likewiseā€¦starting to want to check the place out, out of morbid curiosity :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Iā€™m not a fanboy by any means. Thereā€™s plenty of things Iā€™ve given constructive criticism too regarding this game over the years. Thereā€™s a difference between something like that and then people just saying " this is lame, I donā€™t like it blah blah blah ". Thereā€™s a ton of people on here who do nothing but whine and complain about stuff. Itā€™s literally all they do. What purpose does that serve ? Absolutely none. And theres no point in comparing Kilgore to $5 characters who werenā€™t remix characters. Those werenā€™t apart of a community fund. Kilgore is. Not really anything to debate or complain about.

To be fair a lot of people simply donā€™t care about the tournament scene, and have no interest in contributing money towards it. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. They enjoy the game and just want the content without being forced to donate to a product they might not consume in any way. I donā€™t begrudge anyone who doesnā€™t want to have to make a forced donation to get the content at all.

That is debatable.

1 Like