Is there anyone out there that doesn't think Kan-Ra is one of the two re-works for S3?

Omen and Thunder

id say. Thunder to me is too good and hes pretty boring too. Omen isnt massively viable as he is imo he needs something special

1 Like

Yes.

Do this. :+1:

1 Like

Iā€™m honestly kind of surprised to see someone still say Omen needs ā€œsomething specialā€. He has a few things that are ALREADY pretty special. Three shadow stocks, shadow form (one of the best mixup/escape tools in the game), bonus meter on all enders, and does pretty good damage to boot. Omen is fine - I thought weā€™d banished those ā€œheā€™s badā€ rumors a while ago :confused:

I hope that Sadiraā€™s not the rework, though it wouldnā€™t totally surprise me if she was. I really donā€™t want that for her thoughā€¦sheā€™s a really unique character with a unique set of tools, and already has to play the combo game just like everyone else. I donā€™t think she needs any type of fundamental change.

2 Likes

I, for 1, would LOVE to have a Sadira rework, as I find sheā€™s 1 of the hardest characters to play (and is virtually the ONLY character I actively choose not to play as a result of that).

You mean that sheā€™s hard to play against, right? Because you can get a lot of wins just jabbing with lights and mediums and double jumps against mid level players with her.

No, I canā€™t play as her either. I can do basic stuff with her, but her in-air shenanigans and jump cancels are what really get to me - I canā€™t perform any of those to save my life (most of the time, my opponents fall to the ground before I can get an attack out as part of the jump). I just want the devs to make her easier to play as overall.

Iā€™m still honestly puzzled by this GG :confused:

Iā€™m wondering if youā€™re maybe trying to jump cancel on things that arenā€™t jump cancelable? As a general rule, outside instinct the only things she can JC out of are her two enders and her throw. Literally all you do to get the juggle after those is just hold up+direction WHILE sheā€™s doing the throw or ender animation. The instant she comes out of the animation youā€™ll pop up right after your opponent and be in range for the juggle hits of your choice.

Thereā€™s no timing involved for Sadiraā€™s standard juggles. Just hold up while sheā€™s doing the throw or ender, and the next hit is pretty much guaranteed. You have to cancel out of those hits into widowā€™s bites to get anything flashier than jump+button, but if you can special cancel with the rest of the cast then there is not a meaningful difference there.

If youā€™re wondering about instant air widowā€™s bites or something like that then thatā€™s a different conversation. But for her basic stuff, I really feel like you have to be missing a step somewhere - Sadira is not the easiest character to play, but sheā€™s not remotely technical enough that she would be outside your skill range.

Well, I know Iā€™ve tried her f+HK, which juggles and havenā€™t been able to nail the follow-up timing on it (and itā€™s my understanding that you can do that mid-combo)ā€¦

Ah. Yes, fang is also jump cancelable, but the same rules apply. The move is pretty active for a normal, but definitively is over and done with faster than something like a throw or ender would be.

The method for juggling after it is pretty much the same however. Once Sadie starts the f+HK animation, you should shift into holding up+forward. As soon as the move slips out of active frames Sadira will jump and be able to juggle. So do fang, and then just roll your input immediately to up+forward after you press the HK. Try that and see if that helps.

And you can do it mid-combo, but thereā€™s generally no real need or desire to - itā€™s not great on KV and there are much easier ways to cash out your damage. In this instance, youā€™re usually manualing into the fang target combo, so something like jump+HK->MP->fwd+HK. You would juggle off this the same way youā€™d juggle out of a raw fwd+HK - simply hold up as fang comes out to get a JC out of it and into the juggle of your choice.

So I still stand by a TJ Rework. Maybe they will give him his DP knees from KI 1 :slight_smile:

Iā€™m 75% sure Spinal is one of them for these reasons. He can convert 1-2 skulls into an unending vortex that supplies him more skulls while removing his opponentsā€™ ability to get out of it, especially if they donā€™t have a meterless reversal. Whatā€™s worse is that heā€™s guaranteed to get a large supply of skulls twice a game. With other resource characters like Maya and Aganos, they have to spend their resources at the cost of lost pressure and knowing that their used resources are gone. Very often I see Spinal down 1.5 life bars in a tournament match, but then brings it back without the game ever returning to a neutral state. We already know his curses are going to be worse/non-existent. Thatā€™s the only negative bit of info we got from the updated stories. All others were vague, but not clearly negative and focused on something so fundamental to the character.

Have you seen the pros play against Sleepā€™s Kan-Ra? Hardly anything they do seems to work aside from teleporting.

In other words, easier said than doneā€¦

Still hoping its TJ and Maya. Hope they redo TJā€™s auto barrage and streamline his move set a bit. As for Maya, Iā€™d love it if they reworked her whole dagger mechanic and maybe gave her another move or two.

Though to be honest, I say this as my own personal preference.

I also wouldnā€™t mind seeing Omen get some changes.

2 Likes

People destroy Sleepā€™s scarabs all the time. The issue is that heā€™s gotten very good at punishing people for trying to destroy them. He punishes the normal you throw out to remove the physical barrier heā€™s erected. To a certain extent I think this is actually how Kan is supposed to be played.

But it honestly isnā€™t easy to do what Sleep does. Heā€™s the best Kan-Ra for a reason.

Believe me, I have the utmost respect for what heā€™s able to do, he really knows Kan Ra well - and who am I to judge anyway? Iā€™m not even good enough to feel remotely confident in even doing well in the original pools, let alone in Top 8.

I just donā€™t think the characterā€™s playstyle really fits within KI, just due to the amount of run-away and walling it promotes. Lots of damage, utility, and protection with the various projectiles and sand attacks, plus the fact that much of his damage seems to be unbreakable. Iā€™d like to see something done to push him a bit towards the rest of the cast, but maintaining as much of current Kan Ra as possible, I really like his visual design and his sand magic!

1 Like

I dont think Kan-Ra needs a complete rework. Just a few tweaks, like: when he gets hit remove all scarabs, make scarab ender spawn a normal scarab instead of shadow scarab, remove unbreakables etc.

Fulgore is a good guess since they like to mess with him alot lol.

Based on the interview with Adam, I am more confident than ever in my first assumption as to who will be reworked. Kan Ra (because he can put the opponent in unwinnable situations and has some of the strongest set ups and keep away of the cast) and Maya (because she punishes you for blocking and can do 50% or more from a one chance break because you blocked)

The interview said that the rework would focus on characters that donā€™t have to try quite as hard to get the upper hand and keep it. I think Maya and Kan Ra will receive these changes because of their tools. These tools are at the point where they cannot be tweaked into line; they will always either be too good or too lacking. Therefore, the best remedy would be to replace them with something new.

As a Kan-Ra player I know whether the match will be hard or easy after the first 3 seconds. Opponent back dashes during the pre combat phase = ā€œfreeā€. Opponent dashes in during the pre combat phase = ā€œI am fuckedā€.
There are 2 times during each match where you can get in on kan-ra for free. Use it for the love of gargos.
Step up your game players, ainā€™t no rocket science.
I agree that Kan is a noob killer and thatā€™s why I think he will be nerfed to the ground.

3 Likes

I hope itā€™s Kan-Ra and Orchid. I think both characters are one dimensional and play every matchup the same which I feel is pretty boring.

Yes, clearing the Scarabs is arduous, risky and dangerous. And how many times have they tried to do something only to have a Scarab interrupt them? More the reason for Kan-Ra to be reworkedā€¦

In the grand finals of the last Top 32 tournament, Zergkillerā€™s Aganoā€™s, who had previously defeated Paul Bā€™s Wolf and ITAMasterā€™s Thunder, could barely do anything against Sleep. He was literally stuck in place.