Is there anyone out there that doesn't think Kan-Ra is one of the two re-works for S3?

TJ has no such move…He has to roll. And when he rolls, he gets stuck halfway to the Runaway Kan-Ra has to block scarabs…It’s a really ugly matchup.

As long as it’s not Fulgore I’ll be ok. The change between S1 and S2 was monumental and now he’s a beast. I also think Kan Ra is fine. Yes he’s hard to fight against someone that really knows how to use him, but I think he’s pretty balanced as far as damage infliction goes. And he’s pretty unique. Not just to KI but most if not all other fighting games.

If I had to guess I think it’ll be Thunder. Most ppl dont use him. For one reason or another. Perhaps by “reworking” him that’ll change. [And as a side note I think he needs his Pheonix projectile like in the original back.] If not Thunder than Sadira. Adam Isgreen mentioned the character theyre changing being “flat”. Most of Sadira’s combos consist of her twirl and her flip kick. Besides her air techniques, thats really all she does. Granted she’ll still bust some a$$, but in that sense, I do think she is a bit bland.

Wait,why can’t you use powerline and cancel into the back fist when he gets near the scarabs. Any hit destroy normal scarabs. Oh and powerline into knee also works. Of course I think his backwards launcher with an air scarab is stupid. If it puts you in the corner,you are screwed. Don’t jump,get command grabbed. Jump and scarab time plus a recapture.

I didn’t know u could destroy them. Reaally??

Yep. Any normal can destroy them. One hit. That is why I suggest you use moves that move forward. Just make sure the hitbox is slightly ahead of the hurtbox. Yep. One hit that hits it and it gets cleared out.

Wooooooooow! You can imagine me in this match up without knowing that. Lol. Changes everything.

Yeah. Thought it was some invincible wall that does damage to you if close until it runs out or uses all the hits? Yeah. Now knowing that makes the match up harder.

Not a viable option for many characters. Hisako’s rekkas (and naginata in general) have hurt boxes, so spamming a special into a scarab will often result in a trade into punish. Kan also has the option to put scarabs “kinda” in the air, so that even moves that will normally clear scarabs (wind kick, Sadira demon blade) will get caught by them. Everyone has options to clear scarabs at all places of the screen, but a lot of those options are quite punishable by Kan.

I would actually put real money up that Kan-Ra is one of the characters due for the rework. Not because he’s impossible to beat (he isn’t) or because he’s terribly unfun to fight against (100% true), but simply because he breaks the core philosophy of KI’s two-way interaction at high level. Kan gets way too much off unbreakables and one chance combos. Everyone in KI has ways to circumvent this system, but for the rest of the cast they’re either trading off damage (one chance combos are generally pretty weak) or resources (throw->fireball->shadow DP is all your shadow). Kan-Ra gets to circumvent the system for nearly the entire fight, and he’s building a lot of meter while he does it AND getting quite a bit of damage off it. Kan’s scarab string one-chances are automatic level 3’s…he gets to get level 3 combo damage before you ever have a chance to break, and that’s NORMAL for him at high level. That’s broken, and it makes Kan an absolute nightmare in the hands of anyone who knows how to exploit it. It’s fine if he’s strong, and it’s fine if he’s annoying - it’s not fine that he gets to just completely ignore the break game while still getting great damage AND meter while he’s at it.

Honestly not sure about the second rework though. I think Wulf’s feral cancels are really OD, but I don’t think that’ll necessitate a rework. Not really sure why you’d rework Maya - she works pretty much as intended, and gets punished SUPER hard if you ■■■■■ up with those daggers. If I had to guess, I’d say the other most likely candidate for rework is probably Spinal. He’s very nearly unblockable once he gets started, and even if you DO block it, his vortex on block leads to another safe 50/50. And his drains keep the opponent from ever having the resources they need to fight back. His story already pretty much confirmed that his curses are getting hit, so I wouldn’t be surprised to see them change up his gameplan a little to compensate for that. Perhaps let him fight naturally a bit better, so that he doesn’t have to be quite so strong in his vortex.

3 Likes

Yesss! Lol. A wall is right.

Well… we know its not aganos and glacius other then that idk who.

True. Zoning Kan-Ra isn’t too bad for me. Those set ups though. They need to stop. Also I hate fighting Spinal. Air scarabs are a bit stupid though. Only one scarab at a time can fix that.

I agree with OP, one is Kan-Ra. The other is maybe Jago getting a shadow bar in a few endokukens, that will go away.

Nerfing Jago’s meter gain isn’t really a rework. Just a nerf.

1 Like

I haven’t had enough time with the game to know who is or isn’t really good or bad but if I were a game developer or the person responsible for changes there are two types of characters I would be trying to rework

1. Any character(s) that are straight up broken/OP. Not to be confused with top tier, I mean like SSS+ Game breaking tier.

2. Character’s so bad that they have literally no favorable match ups and straight up cannot compete with the rest of the cast. So bad that anyone that picks them is pretty much giving their opponent a free win.(Assuming both players are of similar skill level)

Idk if any characters in this game fall under either of those categories, but if so these are the people I would expect to get “reworked” lol

Anyway, Kan-Ra is kind of a pain lol I fought somebodies Shadow Kan-Ra today and it was rough lol

They emphasized that the characters selected for rework currently don’t need to work too hard to be effective (compared to the rest of the cast). I know Kan Ra is not the easiest for some of us, including myself, but in my opinion he fits their description.

I hated Kan Ra until I played him for a few weeks. Really fun, but it was too easy to make life difficult for my opponents and I was/am just a below average Kan Ra player.

If there is any one character getting reworked, it should be Kan-Ra in my perception. Maybe he doesn’t need many changes, tho. If the scarabs dissapear when he gets hit, that would be a good change IMO. But they might give him something in return. So that would be reworked, just like Sadira was reworked after S1.

The other one could very well be Spinal or TJ. Could also be Jago and his meter gain, although I’m fine with him as he currently is.

I can remember someone saying it was going to be Glacius. Although he is my bane matchup (outside of Kan-Ra) I’m glad they are not reworking him. I love his character design, both aesthetically and technically.

Already confirmed, neither him nor Aganos are getting reworked.
My bet’s on Sadira. Probably Spinal or Fulgore would be my 2nd picks.

Fulgore? No. Please no. Not again.

2 Likes

I think they should make it maybe a 2-3 second timer in between his uses of scarabs…have you ever tried being sabrewulfs going against kan ras!!! lol…js

All pokes and direct attacks to Scarabs destory them. Now Omens slide wont work, or any other slide… but his pokes and fwd HP works. Same if they are in the air…jump kick them and they fade away

But this doesnt work on the Shadow scarab!

1 Like