Is there anyone out there that doesn't think Kan-Ra is one of the two re-works for S3?

Seems like virtually all defenders of Ra on here have been Ra players. Lol. The matchup with him is boring as hell, and he doesn’t have to work that hard at all to win. Nobody wants to watch him play in a stream or tournament. He’s a broken Dahlsim. He’s going to be re-worked.

The 2nd rework is still up in the air.

2 Likes

Just curious about Fulgore players who back dash to zone abd use teleports to get in or fake it. Then what? Does that mean I am free? Also what if they just stay there?

Please don’t mix up boring with salty because you are getting out played guys.
And yes, if you are using fulgore against kan-ra and the first thing you do is back dash than you definitely are a noob. You wanna zone against kan-ra? Bad idea. I mean… Okay… If that is your game plan and it works for you, who am I to tell you what to do? But I can’t imagine a start that that is worse for me than someone going in. I have no traps for my reversal. I have no swarms to shield myself. I have ■■■■■ normals. Why the hell would you back dash and give me the chance to set all these things up? Because you are a noob, that’s why!

Sorry…He’s going to get the treatment.

I would dash back to make you set them up and punish it with teleport. It works fairly well on certain situations. You can make a swarm and I can teleport for a punish. I am a zoning rushdown player:)

Anybody that tells me that Kan-Ra has to work just as hard against TJ (or non-projectile/non teleporters) in their matchup is a boldfaced liar.

I agree tj combo is pretty free for kan-ra. He needs to rush kan-ra down as soon as the match starts. He is in favor at the beginning of the match but as soon as he lets kan-ra do his stuff it’s over. Just stresses my point. Dashing in at the start of the match > anything else.

What an interesting matchup that is. Seems like anything can happen.

Depends on playstyle of course. I din’t like doing direct rushdown. Zoning rushdown is much more of my playstyle. Characters with teleports can punish Kan-Ra at a distance, while slower characters without teleports need to go in. They are multiple ways to approach this match-up.

Exactly. No need to nerf anything, beside his one-chance-to-breakables. Learn the matchup. Give tj some tools vs kan if you want.

Just make some situations(like his ranged recapture trap thing) breakable. No reason why scarab combos unbreakable.

Making his antlion recapture breakable would destroy him. It is too obvious to break and not even necessary to make it breakable because he ALWAYS has to use a linker or double afterwards. Antlion right into ender is ALWAYS a breakable ender, even mid combo. It is a unique move with unique properties.

Others also have made the point before that antlion is so unique and can’t be breakable or it would Kan-Ra. I’m still pretty “meh” on all the reasons. Cinder also has incredibly telegraphed break points, and it works pretty darn well for him. Ditto for TJ.

I’ll grant that Kan is different in that he can’t confuse you with impossible to tell manuals and awkward recap timing (Cinder), but antlion recap is pretty bs IMO. It’s just another example of how Kan doesn’t have to play the break game. And I get one whole chance to break after he’s juggled me with scarabs for the past 5 seconds? Oh thank you! :unamused:

Not easily breakable but in a combo,it needs to be breakable. It is unfair how he can recapture for free without fear of a being broken. This is unfair due to all the unbreakable damage before hand leaving you with only a one chance break for huge damage.

Kan Ra may or may not get reworked. We will see. But there is a lot of really serious exaggeration going on here about how invincible he is and some of his match ups. I only seriously played him when he first came out but I know enough to know that good players make his setups look easy but they aren’t.

Yes, like most zoners or tricky characters he plays a game that will frustrate you if you want to be up in his face playing a rush down game. Guys, it’s a fighting game. Adapt. It’s not an impossible matchup for anyone. And using Sleep as an example is bogus.

If Kan Ra was as good and easy and free as you guys are making out we would see tournaments where 90% of players were Kan Ra.

I don’t think he needs to be reworked. I think most reasonable complaints could be handled with some tweaks. But I don’t actually think any of the characters need a rework. So we will wait and see.

1 Like

You may not agree, but I would bet that he’s 1 of the 2.

Kan-Ra also can’t cash out opponents in the air (he has no shadow ender that hits airborne opponents). Both TJ and Cinder frequently do cash out juggles without needing to use their recaptures at all, so it makes sense that their recaptures are a bit more breakable on reaction.

Kan-Ra also can’t do antlion into ender. He must always follow it with a break point. It’s a hard break point if he wants it to be, sure, but that just makes up for the fact that antlion must come a very specific point in the combo (when used with, say… command throw juggles) and he has no alternative for cashouts besides this. If you wait for the obvious break point in TJ or Cinder’s combos, you might just get cashed out first. With Kan, you just wait and you’re guaranteed to get it. Kan must take the counter break risk here to stop you.

Kan-Ra is much, much, much worse if antlion is breakable, I think. They would have to give him some suuuuper good buffs somewhere else if they did that.

2 Likes

True. The one chance breaks are too much though.

Lots of characters (maybe most?) can get to level 3 with a one chance break.

Kan can start it off something harder to stop, that’s true, but I don’t think one chance into level 3 is inherently broken. Cinder gets it off a safe on block jab that leads to 11% chip if you block! (jab jab jab shadow fission)

Also the most serious of Kan-Ra’s one chancers exploits a glitch in the game (cr.HK is unbreakable in a situation where it should be) that I imagine is on the devs’ list of things to fix.

1 Like

fair enough… its just annoying…cause…well wulf is about getting in quick…and doing heavy damage