Iron Galaxy don't care about lore WTF

you didnt got the sarcasm though

Didn’t know you could kill what’s undead, last I checked KI was dead for 20 something years, came back to life and repeatedly died anytime there was something people disagreed with yet it’s still ongoing lol.

3 Likes

I didn’t, and thank you for letting me know. It’s kinda hard to interpret that from typed words. :slight_smile: I deleted my post.

Where are the light lords?

Well this is the official description for the first comic

“The Shadow Lord Gargos has been defeated! But the battle to save humankind from his Astral invasion has taken a terrible toll on the Earth. Our world lies in ruin, and a sinister new power called the Coven has risen from the ashes, vying with the megacorporation Ultratech to rule the shattered nations. The heroes Kim Wu and Jago—their Astral powers weakened by their devastating war against Gargos—must band together with the scattered remnants of the Night Guard to forge a pathway into the Astral Plane. Here, in the birthplace of The Shadow Lord and The Guardians, festers the secret malevolence that threatens to destroy them all
and enslave the world forever.”

Which kind of contradicts what you said about the characters becoming shadow lords, evil, and all powerful.

1 Like

That sounds kind of awesome. Thanks for sharing! Hadn’t seen that yet.

1 Like

I will say this: KI’s story makes sense as a whole, but the delivery methods of conveying that story are a jumbled mess because of how the game story is broken up season to season, where one (S1)is a series of what-ifs, and the other (S3 Shadow Lords) is so massive and interweaving it’s hard to glean a cohesive narrative out of it in a single, or even 20 playthroughs. But it is what it is, and it’s all there if you’re willing to dig. It’s definitely a jumbled up puzzle for sure, but it doesn’t help when you swear the puzzle is supposed to be a boat when the picture on the box shows it actually makes a motorcycle.

The guardians in SL are some of them. Kim Wu’s Dragon and Tusk’s sword (I believe?) are others.

1 Like

3 Likes

the game itself says “you have become the shadow lord”. It’s getting really hard putting all together.

Think of it as the generic “you win” you get at the end of most fighting game play throughs

7 Likes

I can’t wait to actually read them, I haven’t read the descriptions for the other two though I think it may spoil something for me.

2 Likes

This thread does not need to exist if both sides can’t engage in constructive discussion.

All opinions are welcome in public threads, but keep the discussion civil and constructive.

4 Likes

All of you guys took the bait
when will we learn not tool give these ppl attention??

8 Likes

^^^^^^^^^

We also need to recognize the alt accounts of the same two or three people who have already been banned for this stuff. C’mon guys.

5 Likes

agreed
 give the people who ‘mean well’ the attention
 but, its pointless for me to even post this
 nobody pays attention to what i post seems like
 and i try to help, out of love and respect
 i’ll try not to care
 it just hurts when the game and community you love, dont love you back

2 Likes

Let’s propose an auto response then.

“If Killer Instinct is so bad then why don’t you take IG’s job and do better?”

After that. Leave. If the critic accepts the challenge, then we can determine where KI goes.

Fair?

2 Likes

lol i dont see anything good coming from this scenario at all

What would you propose? Cause the trolls will still troll.

They want a response, any response. Even a witty premade one.

2 Likes

To be fair? I greatly dislike the Shadow Lords mode and its attempt at being a ‘rogue-like’ because honestly it doesn’t work all that well and the barebones story is pretty awful. Pick General Raam and be just as kind and dedicated to saving the world as Maya. It makes literally no difference because the story does not actually matter. There’s no sense of relationship building between characters in the roster and nothing compelling in game that makes you care about anything or anyone because there is no story being told. Some barks before and after a conflict, banter that does not matter whatsoever between characters because it’s all repeat static dialog. Hell even the occassional codex battles that reveal a bit of the character’s backstory doesn’t matter because none of the characters actually interact outside of kicking each other’s butt with an outcome that changes nothing in the end.

The game is fine, I will say that. Best music of any fighting game I have ever personally played, top notch graphics and relatively smooth animation. Great netcode. Great fighting game mechanics, has so very much nostalgia.

The big problem is that the in-game lore is bare-bones at the very best and requires an outside medium to make sense of anything, since there is absolutely no Rivals or Arcade mode for all the season 3 newcomers. It’s frustrating that in order to have a basic understanding of the role of the characters of season 3 it is required that you go through the long RNG farming process through a mode recently made maddeningly difficult to get an un-animated, un-voiced bio split up into several entries that you may or may not find during your playthroughs whether you use that character or not, or read about all the lore via a completely seperate medium; in this case, a comic. Would it not be better to rather than just give the character a bog-standard canned ending to instead get a simple introduction-rival-end-boss type arcade mode?

I personally feel that Shadow Lord was made to artificially increase game playing time to try to keep the userbase engaged in this way for single player afficionados, but the truth is I had more fun playing simple survival mode than I ever did with Shadow Lords.

3 Likes