Injustice 2

Is it safe to say the netkode will be fine?

1 Like

If they keep the GGPO they have now in MKX and improves on it, then yes. ^^

Iā€™m sure they will. Most of the games after MK releases have been ā€œTestā€ games, so to speak, to try things out and make new things. Like Injusticeā€™s interactables, in MKX. So there shouldnā€™t be any reason NOT to improve it, you know?

2 Likes

RIP SFV and KI Casual Players. Injustice will destroy all.

Injustice wil reign for 1 month just like all the other nrs games, then itā€™ll get boring, then gamers will come back to their senses. Im not buying this until itā€™s 7 dollars. Itā€™s how much I paid for injustice 1 and a fair price given the 7 hours i cared to put it into it.

Anyway that ed boon gamestop tweet is hi-larious

2 Likes

Of course. It would be moronic of them to not use a netcode similar to the one introduced in MKXL with all the positive feedback it has gotten.

It isnā€™t GGPO is it? I thought it was GGPO-like, but that it was an in-house netcode.

Casuals will likely play through the story mode, check out a few of the features, and then put it down and move onā€¦like most other NRS games.

No, they did indeed switch to GGPO. A little too late though, imo. A year after release. Sad that MKX had to take such a beating because of bad netcode, because itā€™s a good and fun game. Goes to show how crucial good netcode is.

But it just means it wonā€™t be a problem in the futureā€¦ hopefully.

Max talks Injustice 2:

Isnā€™t that what all casuals do with any fighting game regardless of it being NRS? Also, isnā€™t MKX consistently getting higher tournament entrants than KI? You donā€™t have to like NRS or their games but this idea that people buy those games, play them for a week and then forget about them is false. TYM activity, stream views, and tournament entry numbers all lean to the opposite really.

2 Likes

Whatā€™s your Injustice 2 character wishlist?

Donā€™t put up the obvious ones like Superman & Batman, cause its obvious theyā€™re gonna be in it.

Superman is not on my wishlist.

I need nightwing and hopefully penguin and black canary maybe even riddler and north star?

It would be funny if they replace Superman with Bizarro. Now that would piss a lot of people off.

Areā€¦ you talking about this guy:

Because heā€™s Marvel, not DCU. :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh my bad. Lol

Iā€™m a true Marvel fan, but I like that the tropes are accessible with DC injustice.

Starfire, Aqualad & Circe are awesome- Iā€™d love to see them-

I wish Sindel would be the guest character of this gameā€¦

P~l~a~s~t~i~c POWER

3 Likes

Actually, this is not really true. Itā€™s a more complex relationship than that.

And please stop talking about net code and memory leaks. Thatā€™s just you piling on to try to make it seem like you have a case beyond the one thing you are actually upset about.

1 Like

While I agree that a lot of casuals fall off in the first month and Iā€™d certainly concede that the same is likely true for all games, I donā€™t know if comparing MKX and KI is really an apples to apples comparison.

MK as a series has traditionally been bigger than the genre and there are very few games out there that can say that. I can only assume that it has a much bigger budget, a lot more people working on it, and a much bigger and louder hype machine behind it, plus itā€™s multiplatform.

I know youā€™re not bagging on KI (obviously), but comparing the two and using that as a basis for an argument for MKā€™s popularity seems a bit odd.

That said, I think MK has a bit of a history of mostly abandoning a game when the next one comes along and I think thatā€™s at least part of why thereā€™s a sense that people donā€™t stay with MK that long. Of course, thatā€™s a different argument than saying they play the story mode, play a few matches and then put it down forever. I donā€™t know if thereā€™s any real data to back that up or not. I certainly hope thatā€™s not the case, and I tend to doubt that it is for a lot of people.