Injustice 2

I was trying to be sardonic… I failed…

1 Like

Oh…

1 Like

True, but Injustice 2 is on its second set of DLC characters already and maybe I’m wrong, but isn’t that usually the last set for WB/NRS games? I know MKX had two Kombat Packs.

Either way, the next E3 is nine months away. I’m sure they could probably do another pack while more people transition from the Injustice team to the MK team. Obviously conjecture on my part, but still. I think Injustice 2 has more content left in the tank. :grinning:

Agree 100%!

If anything though, Raiden’s awesome super here convinces me that MK needs to drop the X-Ray supers in favor of something more audacious, more over the top, and with more wow factor to it like this.

Granted, not every character has Raiden’s godly powers, but surely they can find more inspired ideas within character’s movesets and background that still brings the violence, but also has more of an individualized “wow” factor than, I dunno, Reptile poking a muscle inlay in the eyes and other, similar stuff we’ve now seen for two games in a row.

Don’t get me wrong, some of them feel very close to the character and some are very cool, for sure. I just think that they could take the super moves in a different direction and Raiden’s Injustice super shows me a very cool route they could take.

1 Like

Not really. The pattern with NRS really, is that they always end up doing more than they promise upfront. At least sense the first injustice. With that game, they promised the 4 character season. But increased demand for more led them to do Martian Manhunter and Zatanna. With MKX they promised Kombat Pack 1 upfront. 4 characters and goro. Then later, either because of demand or because of predicted success, they did Kombat Pack 2. With this game, they promised 9 characters and Darkseid upfront. Meaning, they will probably do more characters later that they didn’t initially plan for. Probably based off of fan requests and reactions like the last one.

1 Like

I wish they’d deliver

Beast boy
Nubia premier skin for Wonder Woman
Terra
Penguin
Jason momoa premier skin for aquaman
Wonder twins lol gameplay would switch like the sidekick multiverses

I tend to wonder how much is planned out in advance versus how much is actually announced. Do we know for certain that they were only planning one set of DLC for Injustice and MKX and then, due to fan demand or whatever, went above and beyond?

I feel that Injustice 2 is a good examples of how Super Move/Finishers should be done. They are creative, have personality, and just really cool to look at even without gore. MK on the otherhand isn’t as great. You have X-Rays and Fatalities. Injustice Supers just look better ino. That Raiden Super was better than the ones in MK

1 Like

Eh. I don’t know about what was actually planned from the start. But they certainly didn’t tell us.

I’m gonna throw out the unpopular opinion and say that I don’t think all of the supers in Injustice are good. I mostly dislike them for nitpicky reasons though so take my opinion however you want. I won’t go too into detail but the characters’ supers that bother me the most are Robin, Bane, Captain Cold, and Green Arrow. Long story short, I hate how they use the speed lines in this game.

Oh and while the dragon in Raiden’s Super is cool, I have to say that I think it’s too bad that they give it to him and not the person who had it for almost the entire franchise.

I mean I get that Raiden represents MK nowadays, but I’m just saying.

2 Likes

Is it the fact that alot of them use outer space as a supermove? We get it, they are strong, but does it really need to be outer space everytime? Lol. They can’t let that go for some reason. Nice to see I am not the only one that doesn’t thunk every supermove is great.

1 Like

Yep. I thought the exact same thing when I saw Raiden start his super. I was like “oh great, another one up in the sky or space.” At least it has a cool finish, so it’s ok with me.

Raiden’s super is the best thing ever. That is all.

It’s also great that they have a fully appropriate super version for the black lightning skin.

Direct comparisons are not really appropriate, but I think one of the things that goes unnoticed is the difference between a dedicated in house studio and hiring contractors to do the work. I think IG has done a fantastic job on KI, just like Double Helix before them. And I like the ultras and Ultimates in the game. But it’s clear that these things get budgeted and then a certain number of hours gets billed for them and get are done. Whereas NRS just works on it until it’s done.

I’d still rather play KI than Injustice 2. But the presentation gap is getting bigger and bigger.

5 Likes

YEah Injustice is such a great game all around. Not as fun as KI, but damn its right there. Design and graphic wise it cant be touched and sets the standard each release.

If only MS could put together a team for KI like NRS… that would be so amazing.

1 Like

all of the news, especially about injustice2 and refuse to believe that there are people on MS corporate level that are seeing this and knowing there is no way to keep the same level of design/ artistic flow- only regarding character development and execution-
At least with mick Gordon the music could not have gotten better-
Stages were impressive

WHO can do character design development at least 70% like NRS ;

when you have such a high level of standard that has been raised with this particular project and I’m going to say it even the last project Mortal Kombat X

Other news: Starfire redesign concepts

2 Likes

It’s funny because NRS was definitely not always known for hi quality and good presentation. They’ve come a long way with the release of MK9 and the subsequent works. But you look at the credits for these games and there’s a big group of people that have been at the studio since the MK1,2,3 days. That’s something I kind of admire about Ed Boon. In an industry filled with creative professionals who manage to kill their studios with their egos and “visionary” ideas, Ed has somehow held his studio together through some really tough times. Whatever else you might say, that’s a pretty significant achievement.

As far as KI, it’s utter speculation on my part but especially now in the post season 3 era it’s pretty clear that the game doesn’t have anyone dedicated to managing it full time. So the individual pieces are fine but the package just isn’t where you might hope. It’s another form of “resources” even if they are spending the money. You need people who aren’t simply ticking the boxes on the agreement and cashing the check. Maybe I’m bringing in too much of my own baggage for contract work, but it seems to fit what we are seeing.

3 Likes

That’s not what bothers me and I actually like most of the ones that involve the space/sky sort of thing since they fit within the boundaries of the character. One of my favorite supers in the game is Superman’s because I like the lighting of the sky. It’s a very “Superman flying through the sky” kind of lighting.

It bothers me when the supers do things that don’t make sense. Why is Bane flying like that? Why is Robin running so fast when he was right next to the guy? Why does Captain Cold’s gun make ice out of air like that? Why are Green Arrow and Bane falling so fast? They did not go up that high. I get that this is a fighting game but this kind of stuff bothers me when I see it.

Oh yeah. I also find it funny that Black Lightning has to do Tai-Chi to summon a fist for his winpose lol

I understand now. “fast move animations” like they do in comic books and anime . Like showing those lines means they are moving so fast. It is a joke.

1 Like

Well i unlocked all of Harley’s new gear except for the last one where the damn CPU is way too Fn hard! Damn that is annoying.
WHy do they make it recommended level 20 when it only lasts a few days and not everyone plays every character to 20…SMDH

i think its time for new gear announcements
They need learn from SFV

On another note:

1 Like

Do you mean like the Legendary gear? Wow that is such a grind. 1000 matches? What sucks it that all of my matches before this update don’t count. WTF! If it can be seen in the stats, then let me count it. Not to mention all the other over the top requirements like selling 250 pieces of epic gear, give 1,000,000 coins or whatever they are called, and ending matches in a certain way.

I don’t want more gear if this is the way that it will be done.

1 Like