Guest Characters Discussion *ULTRA THREAD*

My ideal for Killer Instinct would be if they turned it into a Smash Bros. type of thing with as many guest characters as possible. I want multiple Halo and Gears of War characters. I want Jewel from Recore, Drew from Scalebound, I want Joanna Dark, Ori, and any others. I can’t say I am too impressed with the character designs in KI. Its probably one of my biggest gripes. To some extent its the genre. It is kind of hard to develop personality. That is part of the Marvel and Smash are popular ideas. Anyways, I know its an unpopular idea around the forums. But I bet the idea would be much much more popular amongst the general gaming community.

1 Like

This would drive me from this game if it becomes SSB for MS characters. If they want to have an all star cast, do it in a separate game. I don’t care if it essentially copies the gameplay straight from KI. I just don’t want too many guests stealing the spotlight in ranked or in tournaments. KI will do well without succumbing to this subgenre of fighting games.

Nah this would be going too far a couple here and there is all thats needed

If I weren’t in my phone I’d post the brace yourself picture because a bunch of people are gonna be angry.

Anyways, hope they add a phantom dust character as a permanent addition to the KI universe.

Also add cameo acessories like Crackdown armor for TJ and Elite armor for Glacius.

1 Like

I’m sorry, but is this a troll? Because I think this is the very opposite of what us KI fans want.

No its not a troll lol. But yeah, i know folks here are going to be angry. And that is why I have to put it out there to let it be known taht guest characters are wanted.

Dont’ you guys think so many more would play the game if there was a mash up of classic and upcoming major Xbox titles? You know it would. It would blow minds across XBL.

I don’t mind guest characters at all, and even the addition of 3-4 for season 3 is fine with me. But I don’t think making the guests the central focus of the game is a good (or necessary) idea. PlayStation All-stars was not really a successful game. There’s only one cross-over mashup that’s ever really been a success and that’s Smash Bros.

I think there certainly is a market for such a game. However, turning KI into this type of game would not be right if you ask me.

1 Like

Not gonna go into detail as I’ve already posted my thoughts extensively in other threads. But this is exactly what I don’t want from this whole guest character scenario, and it would turn me (and others I know IRL) off from this game completely. I grew up with KI, I don’t want that to happen :frowning:

Also

This would be a really good compromise. I hadn’t even thought about Crackdown armour TJ - that would totally suit him.

I was so excited when Season 3 was announced and then so put down when they announced Rash for Season 3. I don’t know why IG thinks comical guest characters is a good idea especially with the tone of this game. I feel that it only confirms that after Kim, Tusk and Gargos, they are fresh out of ideas for new characters that they have to dip into Rares’ past. I just hope that Rash and who ever else comes in as a cameo does it temporarily like a couple of months and then is removed to be replaced with characters that fit the lore and the tone of KI

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the Games coming briefing confirmed that there may be more guest characters besides Rash coming, emphasis on “may”

What a downer man, it sticks out like a sore thumb guest characters and all just cheapen KI. The first 2 Seasons were great and I think IG is getting too overconfident that perhaps those old requests for a Sharkman and a Ballerina Submariner and other dumb ideas sound like great ideas to them. Someone needs to keep these guys in check and has to make sure recreational drugs are not allowed at work.

We’ve been asking for guest characters since season 1. there’s nothing wrong with it. they can still give them a fully fleshed out unique gameplay. I, for one, welcome our new guest character overlords

1 Like

Im quite sure that guests will be optional. If you don’t like them, don’t buy them. It’s that simple.

1 Like

Run out of ideas? no way!. there are way too many ideas in this forum for them to run out of. I think the battletoad idea is a little childish too but hey this is KI. anything goes.! so i cant even get mad , cuz i need more characters already. The roster is so small at the moment. I just want more more more, battletoads or not, I will even accept Donkey kong as a KI guest!

It fits the tone of this game just fine. I mean we have a battlewulf and a battleraptor (in a cheerleader outfit!).
His moves work well within KI’s system while staying true to his roots.
I only hope that his standard character model offers a look more in line with the rest of the cast. It’s obvious that what we have right now is his retro costume.
I would also assume that guest character does not mean bonus character. So he will be part of the 8 character roster (if they stay with the 8+1 model).

Sounds right, I hope you’re right. Rash’s look is too comical and doesn’t fit. Perhaps they can at least update his look and make it fit. As it stands, I always hated the idea of cameos.

Keep them “in check” sounds a bit harsh. I think that their character designs have actually been rather fantastic thus far. Kan Ra and Aria are two of my favorite characters in the game. Hisako and Aganos are great designs as well.

Sure, I do think that they could stand to give Omen a substantial once-over, but overall, I’d say that their record is pretty solid so far without us needing to remind them that a ballerina submariner probably isn’t the way to go. :grin:

As for guest characters, I can honestly take them or leave them. Sure, I don’t want them to overload this season with guests. Two is fine. Three would be okay provided that they didn’t count toward the list of KI characters we’d be getting this season (assuming that number is around eight or nine). Though I’d also add the caveat that the guests actually be, ya know… Good.

Joanna Dark? Great. Kaim from Lost Odyssey? Cool. That’d be a great surprise, though I’m sure it’d never happen. The Arbiter? Sure, I guess. General Raam? Suppose he could fit. Maybe even the main guy from Crackdown. Little cross promotion there as well.

Only way I could see them REALLY screwing up is if they decide to put the rest of the Battletoads in the game or anyone else from that series, as that would be serious overload, or if they tried to shoehorn in characters that would be rather silly like Conker or Banjo. Love those games, but I’m not really down to see a giant squirrel in KI.

That is what worries me, if they allow Rash who is to say Conker, Banjo, or more Battletoad overload won’t happen. Once you start on this path, something wrong or more out of place is bound to happen

I don’t think it’s anything to worry about. I’m sure that Microsoft and IG are aware of the brand’s popularity and won’t just make a bunch of similar characters. With all the ideas and comments about guest characters before, I wouldn’t be surprised if we see the Arbiter as another guest character. It seemed like they really liked the idea of him being in the game. Can’t say I disagree. :slight_smile: