Give This Guy Some Love

I hope he does, his moves are fine as is except if they added more moves I’m fine with too. What I do hope they do for him and shago is give them accessories, colors(omen), and retro costumes also full on wings for omen.

2 Likes

Guys, think about it this way:

His figure is going to look amazing, especially if they integrate electronics.

Am I the only one a little bit… disappointed I think? With the changes for him in s3. I hoped he would get a little more buffs. Of course, being invincible in Demon Despair is aaawesome but is it me or his moves are still Jago’s and Sabrewulf’s? And I expected some of the random projectiles would be taken off. I really expected him to be “reworked”. Anyone?

I am disappointed. I really wanted Omen to have a reliable reversal this time around. The Orda Shield and Shadow Rashakuken not disappearing when he gets hit is nice, though I do think him getting meter gain with his Enders while the Shadow Orda is active is a little too strong.
The thing that disappointed me the most is that they’ve reduced the damage of his Enders again. :disappointed:
All I really wanted was a reliable reversal and a grounded overhead (actually the reliable reversal the most) and didn’t really care what else he would have got. I guess it’s time to switch to another character.
EDIT: And with the floaty jump that he has, they decided to make his air backdash slower?! :cry:

Yup. I’m pretty disappointed.
Omen’s enders were already too weak. Now they’re even weaker.
Omen’s air backdash was already too slow. Now it’s even slower.
Omen’s high damage throw was the only way to offset his weak combos. Now it’s a weak throw.
Omen’s Furious Swipes needed to be a standing overhead. Now crouching block is impenetrable as ever. Sure you can throw… Wait, now his throw is pathetic. Never mind.

I have no idea what their goal is with this character. Nothing was fixed. On paper this just looks like he got massive nerfs, but they made him slightly more agile in the air. Hooray.
It already feels like Omen has to hit the enemy twice as many times. Basically defeat them twice in order to defeat them once, if you get what I’m saying.

They even gave Sadira a damage ender!

2 Likes

Please IG, if you’re reading this, you said all of these changes could be modified before the official S3 release.
Like Archon878 said, Omen has to beat the opponent twice to beat it once. You can fix it before the release. Also please, give him his own moves! There’s nothing worse than a character that uses other characters’ moves! It looks unpolished.

I have to disagree with you friends.

No dissapearing projectiles, better normals, flip out mechanic in some attacks, better frame data from rashakukens, meter even with shadow projectiles are out, the HUGE damage buff in j hk…

The changes aims to one place: resets and zoning

Omen deals less damage in combos, but he will have more resets and meter at his disposal, and all with better shadow meter lockout

I see some… “Fulgore syndrome”. He gets a damage nerf cause his mix up possibilities are so good, that with better damage he could be unstoppable.

I’m sure that these changes are going to be great for us

1 Like

Omen’s juggle game will be CRAZY, and if there’s one thing to take away from the rebalance, it’s that juggling is key.

The nerfs seem harsh right now, thinking in Season 2 logic, but in the longrun, Omen will be really, really good in Season 3.

1 Like

But he has no recapture or shadow cashout so he won’t be able to end his juggle combos.

1 Like

Who cares now that Demonic Despair is invincible. No more people japping me out of my Demonic Despair resets.

1 Like

I’l like to leave here a big thank you to Rico Suave for bringing our Omen into the Cup, showing he can be a great championship character.

1 Like

I think Omens changes are great! Shadow orbs will not disappear! That’s big!
Did you not here Keits?? he said “Maybe we went too far on this one as Omen may be too powerful…we might have to dial him back a bit before launch”) Every character got a damage nerf due to the new mechanics so it would be even across the board due to the juggles ect…

ALL OF HIS NORMAL’S WERE BUFFED!
Demonic is now fully invincible.

The throw…remember …the throw damage isnt what made it so good…it was how quick the Ender level rose to lvl 4 based off the throw, manual, and what ever you choose to do next.

I dont see an issue with Omens damage…I consistently get 48-61% damage mid screen with manuals, lock outs and shadow linkers.

And if I do that same combo off a throw int he corner …well…then its going to be 65%

Imagine now the corner pressure as you unload Shadow orbs, maybe get poked but will be able to continue attacks since the orbs will knock your opponent out of there combo ect…

Its all about the shadow meter and how you use it. I think he is going to be just fine.

1 Like

Just a simple one:

-Start a combo with at least 2 bars
-Use demonic loop if the rival has meter
-Use Orda shield ender, putting the rival in juggle state
-While he falls, use light standing kick, forcing a “Flip Out”

MAGIC AHEAD, PROCCED WITH CAUTION

Now you have options:
-Shadow Orda shield/rashakuken + standart shadow form/high/lowv mix up
-Given that his air dashes cancel faster into air normals, insta overheads may be possible with combo potential. Given his new air dashes cancel into other dash(turbulence), his cross ups are even more ambiguous
-And his probably new more sweet toy: Use Demonic as soon as you force the Flip Out for a invulnerable 100% potential damage grab

Flip Out+Demonic Despair its his real threat, and everybody has to respect it(even more if they can’t use their meter due demonic loop)

2 Likes

And this…

Doubled the duration of Shadow Meter Lockout.

And this…

Enders can now build meter even if a Shadow Rashakuken or Shadow Orda Shield is active.

] Rashakuken’s random fireballs deal 4 additional frames of hitstun. Blockstun is unchanged.
[+] Jumping HK damage increased by ~65%
[+] Shadow Rashakuken and Shadow Orda Shield are no longer destroyed if Omen takes a hit.

1 Like

6 posts were split to a new topic: Omen Season 3 Rebalance Discussion

I’m one of the best omen players in the world!

Strong words there. Have proof?

I agree because I feel as though I have a pretty decent omen if I do say so myself.

I would like a complete color set, color nine should be something like the hard drive from the movie “Lucy”. Black body with the stars and planets in it with two bright stars for eyes.

Another good color would be something like Dragonball Supers Gokus red an blue kaoken (if I’m spelling it right).

In my opinion he doesn’t need anything else. (Maybe some more accessories.)

2 Likes