Give This Guy Some Love

I also wish his wings would show more. They really make him look cool.

Maybe i shouldn’t tell you this…but if you block low and Omen flies in his med kick and med punch are over heads and will open you up. Only his heavy slide is unsafe on block as far as throwing. I may be wrong, but I’m pretty sure I’m close to being right :smile:

But don’t worry, your TJ shadow is pretty damn good against my real Omen…SO I think your ok against Omen IMO

Was actually thinking about trying him again last night. But how do you cancel your jumps back to the ground?

I may just wait for Gargos though. Im really hoping gargos will be great with some rush down attributes xD Hopefully not gimmicky as i like straight forward characters more.

If you dash backwards on air he lands very fast. You can set left right mixups after a knockdown with:
-Shadow rashakuken, jump forward-back dash
-Shadow rashakuken, cancel jump with shadow form, hit low or after landing for an overhead

2 Likes

I think they could change the way his rashakukens work that’s in a more advantageous yet still fair way. For example I think he should have a way to implement his shadow rashakuken and shadow orda’s shield in different ways. Like, make it so he can create one targeting rashakuken by holding/‘charging’ the punch button instead of just releasing it, or allow him to do shadow orda’s shield in mid-air.

and his entire body could use a redesign; the wings should be always present, and his face and facial mask could use touching up. But the chances of that happening are slim, since he was intended to be a bonus character. Everything else about him is perfectly fine despite a lot of his animations being borrowed from a couple other characters.

I think both Orda Shield and Shadow orbs SHOULD NOT Disappear when you barely get touched.

Like Aria’s Drone assists…they don’t NOT HIT you when you hit her. They actually hit you and stop you form executing a combo on her.

I think once Omen starts up either Orda shield or Shadow rash…they should stay around until they heit the opponent or if Omen is hard knocked down.

thoughts?

3 Likes

Yeah this is pretty infuriating.
If they’re going to make his shadow projectile so awful and nearly useless, the least they could do is not let it disappear just because Omen gets hit. Using this ability is just an invitation to get smacked. He’s so vulnerable…
Shadow orda by its nature makes you harder to hit, but it still sucks that you lose your balls when hit.

Totally agree. All fireballs remain. Jago, Glacius, Orchid(grenade and firecat), Sadira, Spinal, Fulgore, Kan-Ra, ARIA…

Well, even Omen normal rashakukens stays!!
Why not the shadow ones?

I dont know…but i definitely thin they should be like Aganos walls.If you fall flat on your back…they are gone… if you get a light poke to the feet, they should stay. Or if you get hit by an Opener and a combo ensues? Whatever the rule is for Arias drones should be the same for Omen.

who else has an assist like aria that stays on screen even if hit?

I honestly never use SHadow Rashakuken for this reason. If i am all the way across the screen i may use it and then dash in behind it. but you cant use either one up close…ever

Well it’s pretty understandable given the properties. In both cases where shadow rashakuken or shadow orda’s shield were active, if they didn’t disappear when an opponent lands an opener, that’s a free combo escape. Normally Omen can only achieve that with random rashakukens if they move toward the opponent when he/she starts a combo on him.

Well the reason why is ALL shadow moves can be stuffed…and they are shadow moves…they just don’t seem like shadow moves because they do not work the same way as everyone else…they are not OPENERS…therefor i think they shouldn’t be treated like an opener. They should be considered shadow projectiles…and have different priorities when being stuffed.

But thats just my thoughts on it anyways…they arent going to ever change Omen so we are all wasting our breath

Well he is the head dev…if people wanted more omen at least make him more appealing (visually and gameplay wise)

I don’t understand why people don’t like Omen, personally he’s my favorite new character in Killer instinct.

2 Likes

It’s funny, aside from Aganos and Kan Ra Omen is my favorite character in KI. I love almost everything about him, except the fact that he is receiving no love from quite a few of the fans and is easily the least popular character in the game. What I want to see is pretty much old news (9 colors, alt costume, premium accessories, WINGS…) but there is only 2 things game play wise that I have an issue with. 1st, I think it’s odd that he has no shadow ender (maybe they could make shadow orda shield or rashokuken an ender) and the fact that every fireball move except normal orda shild gets extra orbs in instinct mode. Oh well, He is still a fine character and I’ll still be playing him for the foreseeable future.

Shhhh… remember, he’s garbage! Downplay, downplay, downplay! :wink:

1 Like

His damage should be reworked just a bit. Sometimes his Godlike combos takes as much as others Beastly or so. Countless times beating an opponent like crazy to take 15-20% or less.

Hopefully in S3 he’ll get some love you can’t have the guy who made shago what he is get nothing.

My theory is that he’s one of the two getting reworked.
It really does feel like he’s not as distinct as other characters.
Just look at new Shadow Jago. All sorts of fun and unique moves, and that’s supposed to be an impure form of Omen!
I think IG sees this. They want him to be as loved as the others.

2 Likes

So I wish! He is my favorite character.

I hope he doesn’t get touched game play wise, he’s my favorite character and I’ve been playing since the beginning. Jago was my main till this guy came around, his fireball assault and setups are just too much fun.