Do you use a Fight Stick, Fight Pad, or controller?

That’d be great dude but the way my internet is right now and has been the last couple months there wouldn’t be much point. I can barley play online matches now without getting disconnected. I will be getting it revolved soon though, so when I do I would love to take you up on your offer.

Are you using the square gate? If so, you might consider octagonal. I’ll never go back to square but of course it’s a matter of personal preference.

Sounds like a plan. Let me know when your internet’s sorted.

1 Like

I tried octo gate i could throw a fireball to save my life even with the kowal acutator it feels losw with a 3lb spring octo makes you ride the gate imo

Im back to square with a 2lb and i can do everything

Just takes experimenting i want to rig a hori hayabusa square gate onto my jlf the corners are deeper

Yeah man I will, it could be a weak or two but after that it should be good to go from now on.

Strange thing just happened recently. My regular XB controller’s RB was starting to go out along with the DPad. I bought an Elite Controller in the beginning of June and after only a month the RB on the Elite Controller broke on me. Has anyone else had any issues with their Elite controllers?

1 Like

I’m slightly odd, I currently use a PS4 controller on PC. I don’t own an Xbox One and the 360 controller I had just didn’t feel right.

I’ll probably pick up a fightstick soon because I just like the idea of using one of those better than a controller.

Fight stick and controller.

If you know my story you know that I didn’t grow up on fighting games, so when I started playing KI I was a using controller. PAX of last year came and went, and there were only fight sticks at the booth. While manning the booth, I played nearly 1,000 matches that weekend…all on fight stick. So I got used to it too.

I prefer controller, but I like that fight sticks make me slow down and focus (since hand placement is still not natural).

1 Like

I’ve been using a fightpad recently.

It’s the Mortal Kombat X one due to the fact nobody want to make a second fightpad for the Xbox One system.

I love it more than the basic controller (for KI, that is).

Fight stick. Grew up in arcades and played SFIV on stick. Switched back to X1 controller for MKX because fight stick felt “off” in that game, but I have a really hard time connecting inputs and combos in KI on the X1 controller. Feels much more comfortable on a fightstick.

Could always get a hori fightpad and a brooks converter

Fighting games with my pops? Man I ■■■■■■ wish.

You and I are old.

Fight Pad. When SF2 came out on Genesis/SNES, I could do moves with the pad at home that I could not do in the Arcade. I want to get a fight stick though, but not for $200. When Sega came out with the 6 button controller, it changed the game for me. I was a beast at SF, MK, and Eternal Champions.

Yes. The RB gets destroyed in KI.

Just got one of these

Madcatz SF IV Stick, with sanwa parts (I play on PC)

Just wanna put in my two cents about fight sticks … YES! take the L’s but get one and see that it’s worth it. I’m sold.

A stupid question: are keyboards allowed at offline tournaments?

I use controller, but maybe because I never used Fightstick. I think Xbox controller is not the best option to KI anyway, maybe Elite is best than the standart controller. I don’t like the D-pad from Xbox One controller, perform DP on it is bad, and analog doesn’t help on DPs. These days I spent thirty minutes to practice Tusk’s DP. Every 10 of these, 3 he just jumped and attacked (missed the DP). But perform fireballs on analog is fine (explained why I never get close of any character with DP until now). I need to master his DP if I want to use him more often, but this D-pad is not good… oh my.