Do you think we've spoilt as a community?

I don’t even know where the whole “Keits doesn’t listen to us” thing comes from considering a bunch of the buffs and nerfs that have popped up over the last two years have been from the community suggestions.

2 Likes

Honestly, I had hoped for something better or more original. Or at least even about the game. This is just internet troll ■■■■■■■■■

I think stream mods should do more - but they need to be empowered to do more. It’s not a question about discussing the game. None of these quotes is about the game at all. You just shouldn’t personally attack anyone on stream. Ever. And if you do you should get booted out.

Twitch chat doesn’t have a good reputation - so this is definitely not a problem unique to KI. I’m getting the impression that it was some famous names in the room last night causing the problems. But I think we need to move past that. If people can get booted and banned for using too much capslock, they can get booted and banned for being nozzles. No matter what their FGC status is. Gamers, as a whole (again - a few bad apples ruining the bunch) do not represent themselves well in these forums. I was watching even some E3 streams and the number of woefully inappropriate comments about women (just as one example) was absolutely astonishing. The internet is not a locker room or a truck stop. People see and hear the stuff you say. It’s a public place. Cut that ■■■■ out. You aren’t funny, you aren’t original. You’re an asshat.

“us” always means “me.” And by “listen” they mean “do exactly what I want, and immediately.” This is the same definition used by my four year old.

The FGC is a microcosm of the gaming culture. We have the chance to build an awesome community of people having fun doing something that they enjoy. Or we can be a bunch of middle school mean girls going all Lindsay Lohan on each other.

Alright, I’m going to quit posting here because I’m just going to rant about the same stuff over and over again and I don’t want to wear out my welcome. But it’s an important subject and I hope people are thinking about positive steps they can take.

11 Likes

But does your 4 year old play KI? Also sexism. I think they need to nerf haters. Keits plz.

It’s the internet people ■■■■ post and act an ■■■, Moderation SHOULD be standard by now.

Not defending obnoxious behavior. But yeah moderate it.

1 Like

The fact that it needs to be moderated (more) in the first place, or that some professionals don’t feel the need to set a good example and perhaps go the other way to the point of needing better, stricter moderation in the first place is, sorry to say, rather sad.

But yeah, I think you have a point. If we can’t talk like people, then boot screen names of those that can’t handle the responsibility or something resembling a social contract or means of conducting themselves in a conversation.

Unreal that it has to come to that given the ages of most people, but while us filtering out the garbage is one thing (and a solid idea, no doubt), mods filtering and sending the message to stop acting that way could certainly be helpful as well, at least in theory.

1 Like

Let’s be honest. The tea bagging that goes on in these official live streams doesn’t help things either. That’s toxic too. Promotes negativity and disrespect. And alot of people want to defend it. Go ahead.

Eh, it’s certainly childish and unbecoming, I can agree with that. But it’s not the crux of this particular biscuit, so to speak.

3 Likes

I always thought it was done in “good fun” heck even the devs do it. I guess it’s one of those read between the line things. I liked it when things were simple.

1 Like

Best not to turn this into another Taunt/TB thread LOL

There are more sinister things at play here

What was done can’t be changed, however, I’d like us to move on from this and be better because of it.

I’m glad many of us here are advocating to being better as a community because of what transpired, which is what we should always look to do. A lot of this, the community, has helped get us to present day in terms of competitively and such.

Let’s move forward.

4 Likes

Hoping we can all hug it out and have a laugh @ CEO.

2 Likes

Fun fact: Did you know that the community and the Dev/Community interaction is one of the reasons I am still here and going to CEO in a couple of days? They influenced me with the positivity I’ve seen. Imagine how many other people did the same.

Negativity turns people away. But if positivity is bringing people to offline tourneys and sharing tech, then I think we have a special group here.

8 Likes

+1 on that friend. Been around since Season 2 - the game is great, but the PEOPLE are what keeps me coming back. Made some solid friendships because of this game. Super happy to go spend some time this week with people who love it as much as I do.

Seriously - compare this forum with forums from other communities - it’s honestly pretty incredible how cool people are around here, a few bad apples aside.

Why some people feel that we need to resemble the toxicity of other communities is beyond me.

At any rate - like Fincho said, best thing to do is move forward and be the change you want to see in the community. I’ll do my best to practice what I preach in Orlando this week.

2 Likes

You and I both dude. The community I believe isn’t bad at all. We are a loving community, with open arms. I can’t recall how many times I’ve been told that many people like our community so much from other fighting games, that they are willing to try KI out because we are so positive.

As the Daili Lama said,

“In order to carry a positive action, we must develop here a positive vision.”

We can’t call ourselves positive, if everyone else thinks or sees we are the worst.

4 Likes

Its sad how the way things are but it’s not going to get better because as communities get larger their will be more toxic people. So people get enjoyment out it other feel entitled and the world revolves around them. Vocal minorities is what people see and when they look at are community. I apologize @TheKeits for how you have been treated and mean people could be.

I think as a community we need to be punished to teach some people a lesson. I don’t know how but that might be what we need to get things on the right track.

2 Likes

No.

3 Likes

I agree but I don’t know what else to do teach people that what their do isn’t right

…sometimes bro. You are going to have to deal with these type of people. It’s not fun nor helpful but you need to continue to feel passion where others feel vain. Every community has ppl who aren’t happy, however faces like you and I are the ones who buy the content, go to tournaments, post on the forums who will make sure this game succeeds.

2 Likes

I know I’ve been really quiet on these boards as of late, and normally I feel kinda bad about my lack of personal interaction with the community. But lately I’ve been wondering if maybe being more distant from the KI community may be a good thing…
Don’t get me wrong, most of the people on the forums and even Twitter are really damn cool people. Any time I get online with you guys it’s a freakin’ blast. Even talking about other games or music or even just lurking in the Bored at Work thread (even with big names on the KI Dev team!) I can expect to get a good laugh or feel comfortable sharing my thoughts.

But I’ve heard horror stories about the way a lot of our “community ambassadors” act to people both in and out of the community, on or off the forums. Over the years I’ve seen and even engaged in threads that led nowhere save for a line in the sand and a few bans.

I’ve sung the graces of KI and its fandom for a long time. I hope I don’t have to go back on my word…

There needs to be a serious detox. All of us should be treated with the same kindness and respect we’d give our closest friends and relatives, whether they be a casual, a pro player, a developer, or anywhere in between.

6 Likes

Me and @RGLOfficial finished recording our video. It was very fun to do.

I hope everyone watches and takes our insights to heart.

EDIT: It may not be ready till tomorrow, but luckily the problems are always there.

2 Likes