Disappointment in shin hisako

And thus the hypocrisy has reared its head. I’m done arguing in circles.

Hey, already said that if you attack me due to my opinions and try to shut me up, I’m not going to respect you. You reap what you sow.

Ok. We get it everyone. If you don’t like Shisako, fair enough. If you do, fair enough. We understand that you have an opinion about her. Now can we stop repeating this times infinity?

6 Likes

It’s funny, you never say stuff like this when someone repeats how happy is about something… huh.

1 Like

Um alright?

3 Likes

I’m already going to buy her. I’m just hoping her accessories involve a baseball bat

1 Like

They have wasted a katana concept for a remix character. my heart is sore. and she is also hurt, careless position, and continue to defend it.

4 Likes

See, when I first saw this picture, I saw what looked like human skin tones. Yes, her eyes are still glowy, but at the very least, it seemed like she’d undergone a transformation of some sort. Like maybe the “Shin” in her name really does mean “god,” even though that’s a bit absurd given that she just got a katana.

Looking at it now, I’m assuming that it’s probably the glare off of the candle, but if you’re just looking at the character, I don’t think it’s insane to assume that she’s no longer a ghost or that she’s undergone some sort of change.

I don’t think that I’m the only one that started getting my hopes up a little based on this image. Then I see Keits tweet the following:

"‘Her stance is weird’

Yeah, its Hisako. The ghost girl. She is weird.

Its a remix character."

Saying “it’s a remix character” here, I dunno… Does that make using the same exact character and changing out her weapon okay? Look, I get she’ll have different moves and animations and I’m excited to see what they’ve done with her. I’d also assume that they changed her face and did a whole lot more work on her than I’ll ever know and believe me, I do respect that.

But I’ll admit that I got my hopes up a little on this one after seeing that picture and I’m having a harder time shifting my expectations. I’ll get over the kind of unnatural looking stance (like she’s leaning on something that’s not there) and knowing that she’s largely the same story-wise, even though a new weapon is somehow supposed to change her entire move set… Right now, at this moment at least, I’m baking some frownies.

Part of that is definitely my expectations. I saw that picture and the gears started turning. I can’t put my overactive imagination off on the developers. That’s unfair to them. However, even by the somewhat shifted standard of the term “remix character” where we get away from certain things, I still can’t help but feel like more could’ve been done to differentiate this roster spot from the roster spot that is the original Hisako.

If you disagree with that, no problem. Like I said, I’m still trying to kind of adjust my thinking here and I’m still very excited to see what she can ultimately do, so we’ll see. I’ll still buy her, most likely. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I agree with Ravan. I feel like it’s a waste to give a katana sword to ‘still a ghost’ Hisako when a katana should’ve been meant for a live samurai. It’s safe to say this character is not a samurai but just another ghost. Or the same one. Let’s hope her moves aren’t 70% like Hisako’s or the forums will explode with angry rants :confused:

1 Like

Just like Shago and Kilgore?

You guys have wild expectations sometimes.

Changing the stance of a character requires you to change every single animation on the character so that it flows into and out of that new stance. That is the cost of an entire new character. This is a remix.

10 Likes

IG can do whatever he wants, but we are free to accept or not. And my opinion is this: So far, everything I liked, well Omen, I liked Shadow Jago, and I liked Kilgore, only one thing I would have changed to Kilgore, the default color, too much like Fulgore color 1 , I created Kilgore with red / blue, or yellow / green, as the primary setting.

Shin Hisako is a character that comes from Hisako, which is a character that was a huge sucess. Shin Hisako is not up to the success of Hisako, but be careful, you only had very little to make it better, it was enough to cure the position, and its nature, would have been nice if this had been the Hisako body and not another ghost. we would have had body Vs Spirit, it would be cool.

1 Like

but basically, for the IG, are only complaints …So why we waste much breath and passion … only money … only buy or not buy, no margin of listening or advice.

1 Like

Ghost vs. Spirit. That sounds better.

1 Like

Hisako ghost Vs Chiharu body undead… mutual hatred. I already told you, no one forbids you to create remixes characters, but it is not necessary to give up originality and class.

But those characters at least look different. Kilgore also has his own, unique identity. Shago has a lore reason for looking different. I think I just assumed that, based on the art picture, Hisako was sort of like Shago in reverse. She was this gray, ghostly looking Ring girl, and now, thanks to the sword, she’s changed. She looks more human now (again, based on that picture). I thought that was a cool idea.

That’s more what I was getting at. Because now she’s not changed. She’s the exact same character and the only thing that’s changed, from a lore standpoint, was that she has a different weapon. It wasn’t so much the weapon as it was the differences between the characters. Still, I don’t know nearly enough about this new character to judge, so I’ll try not to.

For what it’s worth, I’m excited to see what she can do from a gameplay perspective. I know that’s the most important part and I’m sure you guys knocked it out of the park. I also take other things in to consideration though, even if I still think that gameplay is king.

I saw that picture above, where she looks more human-ish, certainly more so then she normally does, and I let my imagination get away from me a little bit. So I’m still kinda trying to come down from that. That’s not on you, that’s on me and I recognize that fact.

Honestly, now that I know she’s still a ghost and that the art picture of her wasn’t what I thought it was (or was at least hoping it would be), her stance makes perfect sense, even if she kinda looks like she’s leaning on nothing. Whatever, that doesn’t matter. I’m sure she’ll be a blast to play either way.

This thread is turning into the most useless time drain I’ve yet to see on these forums, and that’s saying a lot.

Only worthwhile thing that has come out of this thread is the best post @ZDhome has ever written:

Is it? You don’t know this. You guys have seen almost nothing.

12 Likes

Very true. You’re right, I made an assumption based on extremely limited knowledge. I normally try to hold myself to a higher standard than that, but I saw the picture and then saw what she looked like in game and also you saying “she’s still a ghost girl” and assumed based off of that. I’ll hold off on assuming anything though until I’ve seen her in action, which I’m still very much looking forward to.

Thanks for setting me straight on that. Much appreciated.

1 Like

I don’t have the right to demand a full product for the same price as other full characters?

Do you hear yourself?

1 Like

To those with major issues about Shin Hisako’s idle stance; how much time do you actually spend looking at the idle stances of the current characters? I know from my personal experience both I and my opponents are typically walking back and forth, crouching, jumping, or attacking pretty much the entire match. I think the most time I spend looking at the idle stance is at the very end of a match, just before the outro. I have a tendency to move around after taking my opponent’s first lifebar, too.

I agree that from the still images we’ve seen it looks a bit odd, but I’m struggling to fathom how a character’s idle stance can be make-or-break for anyone when we haven’t even seen the character’s movelist and gameplay yet!

If you don’t like the character after seeing her in motion and fighting, so be it. But at this point we’ve seen very little, and I think people need to hold off on forming a hard-and-fast opinion about the character until we have all of the information. Personally, I absolutely hate the “Shin Hisako” name, but I’m not going to let that ruin my potential enjoyment of playing as or against the character.

5 Likes