Disappointment in shin hisako

He has just admitted that Shin Hisako so was created because of the cost. So there is nothing to talk about, I really wanted to hear this. is the answer to a question that I did some days ago, but the IG never replied to me personally.

The question was, whether the IG had a lot more money, developers would still decided to create Shin Hisako? or create it in this way? So just give it a fanciful justification, Shin Hisako is so because of the money.
and that makes me sad because I, like many others, we always bought each released package 
 it is sad to see that our contributions have not been enough to make better a character, I do not know what to say, perhaps you could used part of the money of the tournament 
 but it’s not my field of expertise to say such a thing

2 Likes

I do not tolerate this kind of ideas.
Where you can bring that kind of thinking? in a future where 
 what good is the graphics? what do I need to give textures to the models, what do I need to enter a stage in which to play? what do I need to watch the game? the important thing is the command 
 baaa.
The game is a combination of elements that blend together. style, consistency, graphics, technique.

1 Like

No, no you don’t. Like I said, value is subjective, so $5 for Shin Hisako is perfectly fine by me. She’s still a new character just like Shago and Kilgore. If you don’t like it then speak with your wallet and don’t buy her.

1 Like

Actually going for business that’s why I’m upset they’re doing this,it looks bad when they advertise this character to a new or casual fan of the franchise because it makes them appear to be losing money or just lazy.

This is wrong.People forget that the customer is always right,when you are paying for something and even if less than half of customers don’t like something the company should always try to appease them(from a purely business way of looking at things).But I do indeed have some right to demand better quality of a product,especially one I’m so invested in.

1 Like

Hmm. I wonder why.

I think this is what hurts the most,what could have been.

1 Like

So if you’re admitting it’s not a “full” character why is it full price?

2 Likes

Yeah I think my initial reaction to the stance was that it looked a bit wonky, but I was also assuming that she was somehow different from a lore perspective (which she still might be, who knows), but now that I know she’s also still a ghost girl, even with it looking like she’s leaning on nothing
 I mean, it’s really not a big deal.

There’s nothing wrong with that. I wouldn’t think that this game has an MKX level budget. They do what they can, and if the game’s fun, I don’t mind seeing an animation that looks a little odd or whatever.

I tend to agree with this. I get that $5 is a lot for some people, but for a new character to the roster with their own unique mechanics and style and what not? I’m totally fine paying that price even if they’re a remix. The gameplay is still going to be awesome and while that might not be the only thing that matters, it certainly matters enough for me.

What constitutes a “full” character to you though? They clearly took the time to rebuild her movelist from the ground up. So what if some or even many of the animations are recycled so long as the result is both unique and fun to play?

Would I like for her to be something more along the lines of my original assumption when I first saw the picture? Like she held the sword and all of the anger drained from her so she became more of a human spirit, with a human skin tone and human movement and what not? Yeah, that would’ve been cool.

But the stance stuff wasn’t practical for the reasons Keits mentioned (and we probably already knew to begin with) and we don’t know much beyond that, so how do we know if she’s worth the price yet or not? All I have to go on is that I enjoy the way IG’s character designs play. They’re fun and unique and interesting. That gets my “full” price. But that’s just me. If it’s not worth it for you, then so be it.

Also not sure why you responded to Keits, but quoted me.

I’ll be really curious to see if all of the feedback on Shin Hisako has altered their stance on doing remix characters. I’m still really hoping that we get pretransformation Cinder, but part of me also wonders how different he’d actually look from the guy that’s on fire. Would they have it in their budget to basically take Cinder’s rig and animations and build that sort of mercenary looking character that you see from behind in Cinder’s season 2 story?

I wonder if the Shin Hisako feedback makes them decide that doing these remixes isn’t worth it, and they just give us nothing where they could’ve otherwise given us something. That’d kinda suck.

1 Like

I’m not sure what part of my post is confusing you, but let’s try to put this in a different perspective.

When Gargos was being teased, we got an image which was only of Gargos’ foot. From that image, it was entirely impossible to know anything about how he played; my point is that it isn’t logical to condemn or glorify a character based solely on a single, static image.

Disliking the stance is one thing; I’m in agreement that in that image it looks weird. But I will not make my decision on whether or not I will purchase the character until I have seen her gameplay, because I have been on both sides of the fence before. I have loved the visual concepts of a character but hated the way they played (Kan Ra and Cinder, for example) and have loved a character’s gameplay but hated their look (TJ Combo’s default costume).

All I’m saying is make your decision once you have all of the information at your disposal. I thought I was already clear that I don’t care if people end up disliking the character, I just think it’s silly to set the house on fire because you don’t like the doorknobs.

4 Likes

It gives them personality,something that many people who don’t play KI complain about.
I personally don’t have the problem with the lack of personality for most of the cast because it’s hard to give a lot of these guys personality besides “I’m a ghost girl rawr” or “I’m a Indian man speaks Nez PercĂ©â€(granted lots of fighting games have this problem).But a little personality goes a long way,that’s why street fighter arguably has the best characters.

Wonder why what?

Apparently you still have a lot to learn. [quote=“GONZFAM, post:185, topic:19258”]
This is wrong.People forget that the customer is always right, when you are paying for something
[/quote]
You’re not a customer if you aren’t buying the content. And by the way “the customer is always right” is a pithy quote but it’s not actually a business principle. If four people want Ford to build cars with five wheels instead of four they aren’t “always right” and they don’t have a “right” to demand cars with five wheels. Every pithy quote or rule of thumb (even good ones) falls apart in the face of obstinate and ridiculous stupidity.

If you think “less than half” is a description of the people disappointed in Shin Hisako then you don’t know how to count. Try “a minuscule fraction.”

7 Likes

I swear if shin hisako gets a ultimate in the third pack.I would legit quit KI.

3 Likes

Calm down,this is just delusional.KI is nowhere near the 3 main fighting games as far as profit and budget.

it’s an idea for a correct posture

(edited by me)

5 Likes

Street fighter 4 added different move lists for each of their characters for free and gave them costumes,I don’t even think that constitutes 5$ a character.(I know street fighter is more profitable but they did this for 100% free)[quote=“Iago407, post:189, topic:19258”]
Also not sure why you responded to Keits, but quoted me.
[/quote]
Oops lol

Another “who needs facts” statement. So you know the budgets for these games huh? Smh

5 Likes

That looks far better. Is this legit or a correction from the community. I know that it sounds like a small thing to correct the stance, but doing so will also directly impact the move set. But we kinda NEED it fixed

So it IS now confirmed that the “remix” philosophy was to conserve budget?

(This is not an attack, or a “baiting” question. I have always argued that this character WASNT a budget maneuver
 but now i am curious.)

1 Like

Yes, actually.

I’m sure the developers would love to make original characters and more stages and all that jazz but they just don’t have the freedom or the money.

4 Likes