Disappointment in shin hisako

Again; I’m pretty sure “lack of ideas” was not the reason Shin Hisako has the stance we’ve seen in the still image.

5 Likes

Im just trying to get 100% confirmation before i completely change my way of thinking from this point forward.

(A skill i wish others were also capable of :stuck_out_tongue: )

1 Like

LOL, I’m pretty sure I am calm. What gave you the impression that I’m not?

Also, how is saying that KI likely doesn’t have an MKX level budget “delusional” when you basically go on to agree with what I was trying to get at to begin with?

1 Like

lack of money

1 Like

And we’re going to blame the devs for that? OK man.

2 Likes

The entire point is this does not need to devolve into a massive argument.

We’ve seen a picture.

We’ve had an explanation from Keits as to why the stance looks the way it does.

Wait until the gameplay reveal of Shin Hisako during the KIWC.

Use that information to make an informed opinion as to whether it’s a character you wish to purchase or not.

4 Likes

no, do not blame, it was enough to say it right away. instead of saying justify this position in other ways. “she’s a ghost” -.-

1 Like

i would say let’s wait and see her. if it is only her standing pose i can see that as see is holding herself on the floating katana. it makes sense because the katana is also a guardian. all the guardians are floating.

it also looks like she is trying to hold that back. come on. it is not that bad. the sword looks powerful in some way

I do not know if it’s in bad taste, to say to the community, which for lack of money, Shinsako is coming out in this way, or find some absurd excuses for an absurd posture.

2 Likes

because we are not fools.

Not just money. Contrary to popular belief money doesn’t make the world go around. Time is also a big factor. You can pay an animator all the money in the world and he still can’t literally change the entire starting and ending animation for each and every move and attack hisako has to transition into a new idle animation if the deadline is too tight.

There is a certain amount of time that can be given/alloted/paid to work on a remix character and that time is smaller than a real character.

2 Likes

but what you’re saying??? They have created a character in season 2 every month, gorgeous, and fail to create Shin Hisako in almost a year’s work? baaaaaaaaa.

1 Like

Do you actually believe that a small company(2 studios 130 employees) has a higher budget than Netherrealm studios(can’t find info but its parent company is WB and they have previously released Mortal Kombat 9 and Injustice),Capcom(A fighting game giant that is a big name amongst the FGC and released hundreds of games and currently have a season of characters in progress while also developing a new fighting game amongst other things),and Bandai Namco(Both Bandai and Namco were founded over 60 years ago and have 900 employees as of April 2013).

This just makes you look ignorant.

I’m confident it took waay more than one or 2 month to make a character. Multiple characters at multiple stages of production were worked on at the same time

1 Like

This is why I was scared,the “dropoff” of quality on these “remix” characters is usually a bad sign,and since I know first hand that IG isn’t full of talentless hacks it got me worried about budget.But it’s no excuse for lower quality of product.

1 Like

Stop giving out wrong details .A character takes at least 6 months to create. Releasing each month is not creating

5 Likes

Dude i’m not even gonna lie I misread that,but someone still begged differ so it shows me that some people actually believe this.

1 Like

The fact that she still looks like a ghost urks me,at least shago looks like a demonic version of jago and kilgore looks like a busted up version of fulgore,she literally looks like hisako with a sword.

1 Like

Ravan, we already know why, from a practical standpoint, she has the stance that she has. Changing it would’ve required changing every animation that flows out from her stance. That’s not an excuse, that’s reality.

They had a year to work on Shin Hisako? That doesn’t sound right. Also, as far as how fast they were able to pump characters out in season 2, we have no idea how long those characters were actually in development for versus how long Shin Hisako was in development for and we also have no idea what their budget is now, post season 3 compared to what it was during season 2.

That’s kinda what I was trying to get at before. I was a little let down when I saw the art picture, which made her look like she had a more human looking skin tone, only to see that she doesn’t in-game. Shadow Jago or a “dark” Jago seems like a cool concept. Just as a “light” version of this Ring-esque ghost character seems kinda cool as well. Now it appears that’s not the case. Again, appears. We don’t know for certain until we see everything.

1 Like

No one cares about the studios budget, it’s the budget for the game. And again, you know NOTHING. You think WB has more money than MS? No one cares how much money is nearby - it’s how much money they spend on the game.

As for your question, I would be willing to bet that KI has a very comparable total budget to SFV. That game has released very similar amounts of content, on a similar schedule and certainly not of a higher quality. So if SFV has a substantially higher budget than KI it suggests that MS and DH have been way more efficient in their use of resources. I also don’t see anything to suggest that Tekken 7 (champion of reused assets, by the way. The same animations are in Tekken 7 as the original game FFS) has a massive budget. They certainly haven’t had a tight timeframe.

As far as NRS I think MKX probably had a higher budget, but not as much higher as most people believe. They are mostly paying multiple people to work in parallel so they can release two full games (MKX and Injustice 2) in the time it takes KI to go from S1 until now. NRS is also reusing massive amounts of assets both from Injustice 1 to 2 but also between the MK and Injustice games. They do polish their games a lot and they have super high production values for their story mode. But if you subtract Story mode and the marketing budget, I’m guessing its not as far off as you think.

But ALL of that is speculation.

5 Likes