Disappointment in shin hisako

A large takeaway from this discussion is the barrier between developer and consumer.

2 Likes

i know, but letā€™s wait to see her lore. we donā€™t know what she is. if she is a human hisako, her flesh should be human-like colored and her name chiharu. if she is an expanded version of hisako, she is still a ghost and her name is shin hisako.

they are also making season 4 characters. :slight_smile:

I do not see in this forum moaning, I see how much love and concern, users have for KI, as we suffer.

1 Like

I understand your logic but iā€™m not willing to accept ever in my lifetime that KI has a budget comparable to any of these 3 games.

Iā€™d like to speak to the idea that a remixed character is ā€œhalf doneā€ or requires less work. Again, Iā€™ll submit that the disclaimer that very few of us are actually privy to the work being done.

Remixes arenā€™t ā€œhalf doneā€. Theyā€™re reworked into something different. All the work done up front on the original doesnā€™t go away people. Those hours of effort still mean something, and new efforts put towards a remix donā€™t end with making a few changes and walking away. They create new aesthetics, accessories, themes, and the monumental task of balancing against an entire cast of characters. Considering the size of the team, budget, and schedules, itā€™s a smart allocations of resources that allows for additional content.

In addition, this extra content after the season that the consumer can choose to purchase separately. IG could have made it part of the season at the expense of something else. How would you feel about it then?

3 Likes

But why would I want another ghost character that is named Hisako?At least make it a Angelic or Human version of her.Just have something thematically different where even a complete noob can tell the difference in that ā€œoh thats a good/bad version of that characterā€.

1 Like

Can I just point out that the game has made other smaller decisions to save work? Like carrying over throw reaction animations (look at the enemy during Thunder and Kimā€™s forward throws).

This is a normal thing, guysā€¦it doesnā€™t affect the game or how the character looks so wtf.

lol man. wait. it is only one week. letā€™s wait to see her. i know it is the hype :grin:

Ah the bliss of not working in game development, you get to talk so much ā– ā– ā– ā–  without knowing the decisions behind the scenes. Now I know why most developers donā€™t bother with the fans, because of know-it-alls who think they know better than the actual people working on it.

3 Likes

Iā€™d legit rage if they put a remix character in a season(omen doesnt count because he was a bonus)

Okay fine,sure its not fair to call it half done because it is fully done,people should say its not a full character though because its not,would you compare any remix characters to season characters as far as ā€œqualityā€ and if you answer yes then would you rather have Shadow Orchid(or something) or a brand new wrestling character complete with move set,voice,model and animations.
If you still donā€™t get it this is what people saying ā€œsheā€™s not a full characterā€ or ā€œsheā€™s half doneā€ consider a complete character.

• New model

• Fully voiced(There are exceptions:Fulgore,spinal,etc)

• All new animations(some reused assets are fine as long as its not obvious)

• New fighting style that is unique(Instinct is implied)

Might be missing things but thats what I consider to be a complete character.

Imagine if she had super move, all naysayers would drop jaws.

You mean like Shago?:thinking:

yea.

GODDAMN I HAVE AN IDEA.

Vacuum opponent like normal Hisako does, and make opponent walk on her Katana like in Quan Chiā€™s MKX fatality.

Thereā€™s being a fan of the game and then being a blind fanboy.
Fans are critical and only wants what is best, however, what is best is subjective for each individual person.
A blind fanboy is exactly that, blind to any flaws and faults of their fandom and cannot tolerate other people saying anything bad about it.

Just because people make some criticism to the developers does not mean they do not appreciate their hard work and dedication to the game they are making. Donā€™t get it twisted.

5 Likes

Honestly I think she might get completely new voice lines. Unlike Kilgore, Shin Hisako will probably have dialogue and especially since hisakos voice actor is gonna be at KIWC it makes sense.

Plus Hisakos old dialogue wouldnā€™t make sense on this new less angry version of her.

Hopefully

Here guys please answer honestly even if itā€™s not the popular opinion.

Canā€™t say I care too much for her default look, however some of her colors look pretty good. Now to see her accessories and gameplay.

Feedback is never too late, because though the devs are always making touch-ups and changes, fixing things and the like.

Me going ā€œI donā€™t want remix characters and guest charactersā€ doesnā€™t mean that they are going to remove them from the game, and I donā€™t expect them to. But hopefully they will take my criticism into consideration for future content and future games. Hopefully they wonā€™t put in so many guest characters next time. Hopefully they wonā€™t make so many clone characters. And hopefully they will put more time and money into making more original content instead. Thatā€™s all I can hope for when I offer my feedback about these things.

Iā€™m not delusional though. I am fully aware that the devs arenā€™t making this game just for me! Tons of people come with feedback of what they like and dislike, and the devs have to take all of those people and all that feedback into consideration. And all I can do is tell them what I like and what I would want to see in the game, and then hopefully they will make something from that. ^^

5 Likes