Disappointment in shin hisako

I agree with you bro, I wouldn’t even care if it’s the most generic bland samurai warrior, a new character model + a voice is all i would have needed to be happy with this. I’m sure the character is going to play amazing that’s never a concern for me. But lets say we get another ki down the line, which hisako will make it over to that game? I feel hisako was great as is and we didn’t need a second one tbh.

1 Like

Some of us are voicing our concerns which shouldn’t be discredited for what could’ve made KI potentially more better with our thoughts and ideas coming together. We are a community that want what’s best for the entirety of the game and for new players to enjoy the game as much as we do.

The only flaws with Shin Hisako would only be that ‘she’s still ghost’ whilst carrying a samurai’s sword in an awkward handheld. Noted it’s costly for the animations with a different stance. Point is that for some who were expecting a samurai or some samurai type character are very displeased that turns out be what everyone here is calling her, another Hisako; and since after Kilgore and now Shin Hisako, it looks like KI is becoming more like a recycled game using whatever character is popular among the community and changing only their looks and some animations while still being the same stereotype. We have not seen her game play yet which I know most of us will change our minds about her later, but that doesn’t change the fact it’s another ghost just with different looks and fightstyle.

THE VERY LEAST that would’ve been better if her skin was toned more lighter almost like a calmer more subtle spirit like the original hero art.

3 Likes

Shadow Jago should only be excluded because he was there in season one to begin with. That’s the ONLY reason i was ok with him. If they tried to bust out a shago in season 3 i’d have been against it also. Mind you i did fund the shago rework.

2 Likes

Yeah where the hell did the survey remixes go?

2 Likes

The survey remixes were probably just to test interest in remixes in general. But they kept the actual remix ideas off the survey because otherwise people would just guess them right. I mean if Hisako remix had been on the list everyone would have guessed right after the first tease.

1 Like

It was from the beginning

100% This.

Yeah if this keeps happening i’m going to have to reevaluate my opinion of the game,because honestly right now it’s a 10/10 fighting game IMO.

I’d Literally rather have 2 full characters than 2 remixes and a whole.

1 Like

That’s also assuming this isn’t precursor to a whole nother season, or another game. We don’t know what the future holds, and we seem to be vesting alot of emphasis and importance on these three newbies and largely ignoring what is to follow that.

Political discussion has no place in a public thread on these forums.

1 Like

I think this problem escalated too much for no an actual reason.

We don’t know anything about her yet and people flip their ■■■■■ like world is about to end or something.

Maybe this thread should be closed, yes?

When I heard the news that a character came with a katana, it came to my mind something like this, but then came the disappointment, and it was a hard blow because hisako is my favorite character in ki, I always said MS, he wants KI compete with SF and other fighting games, but do not want to pay the price , for me it was a mistake to give KI to IG, because they do not have experience in fighting games, such as Namco, Arc System Works and others , But many will come to contradict me saying that IG did it well, but I will tell you that if Ki had developed one of these companies this discussion was not being given.

3 Likes

Yeah if MS is serious about having their own fighting game exclusive they should show it by funding it better.[quote=“Zaratustrah, post:256, topic:19258”]
for me it was a mistake to give KI to IG, because they do not have experience in fighting games
[/quote]

No they aren’t as experienced as these other companies however you can’t say that for being such a small company they completed a herculean task by having KI be this successful.I don’t know its hard to talk ifs because the kind of game these other companies make is so different from KI.

This is what I think most people were wanting in fact if you check back in game suggestions I basically talked about wanting a character that looked like the pics you posted and I think its just the fact that the Katana character will never be the Samurai archetype is what most people are really upset about,myself included.

ok, offtopic I apologize… but when is there ever going to NOT be a doom and gloom thread in this forum, jesus tapdancing Christ. complaining about her name…k. what about mk’s rain, hes based off princes song purple rain, that’s pretty weird and random as $h!t, or evil ryu…EVIL ryu, generic asf… and the more I think about it Jago, by lore (correct me if I’m wrong) it is supposed to be Jacob, (no offense IG) which is dumb as nails… shinsako however, I don’t hear laziness, I hear badass!! and btw (off topic once again I do apologize) you guys want something to complain about??? cry about sf5 and why s2 over there is utter crap!

2 Likes

You pretend like anyone here is praising sfv or the awful thing that is USF2,this is a killer instinct forum so I posted it in the general discussion as it pertains to killer instinct,and honestly I don’t have a problem with her name,I have a problem with her design and how it was her instead of an new original character.
But if you’d like to talk about disappointing fighting games like sfv please feel free to make a thread and I’ll see you there.

I understand your point, and unfortunately I am one of those people who doesn’t play a certain character for such reason. For example, Eliot, Leifang, Zack in DoA, Mai Shiranui, Lion Rafale. Their stances or walking animations bother me :slight_smile: Also, the reason I am struggling to level up Kan Ra. I love playing him but his idle stance and movement is something I dislike.

lol

1 Like

Yeah, I was hoping for something cool and unique looking, but as soon as I heard the word “remix,” I realigned my expectations a bit. Shin Hisako’s clothes look cool, though it would’ve been nice if they’d done a bit more with her face and hair, but whatever.

I think that I was most thrown by the art picture, where she had human looking skin, which made me think that they did something really cool with her story, but now I find that she’s still only just a ghost girl. Of course, as Keits said, we still don’t know anything about her, so I’ll wait to see.

Well, these statements might be a tad contradictory. If IG’s underfunded by MS, wouldn’t that in turn effect their ability to put out the best product possible?

Also, we really have no idea how much the game is getting from a funding standpoint, especially in this post-seasonal content stream. For all we know, they had the money in the budget to do exactly this, so that’s what they’re doing.

Again, MS is the one funding the game. They wouldn’t just hand the IP off to Namco and say “hey, make this game and pay for everything, but only put it out on our system.” That’s not how it works.

I feel like you’re trying to say that if Namco developed the game, that we wouldn’t be having this discussion, but the problem is that there’s no way they could be the ones developing it unless MS entered in to a 2nd party agreement of some sort, which would mean that MS would be likely be paying for it ala Sony and Street Fighter V, which would mean that Namco would be beholden to MS’ budgetary restrictions, just like Iron Galaxy presumably is.

So no, you have no idea whether Namco would have this kind of issue or not. For all we know, MS could say “keep pumping out content” and Namco could say “but you haven’t given us enough money to do three more full characters,” to which MS could say “oh well, figure it out,” and this would be their solution.

If that seems unlikely to you, one only needs to look at Namco’s two big fighters, Tekken and Soul Calibur to see just how willing they are to do create characters that go far beyond IG’s remixing and in to straight up clone territory:

Soul Calibur: Sigfreid / Nightmare, Rock / Astaroth, Li Long / Maxi, Taki / Natsu, Sophitia and like five other characters. Inferno, the final boss of the original Soul Calibur was just a Dural style “use everyone else’s moves” clone. Can you imagine Gargos being like that in this game?

Tekken: Eddie / Christie, Baek / Hwoarang, Kuma / Panda, Yoshimitsu / Kunimitsu, Nina / Anna, King, Armor King, Ogre / True Ogre, Michelle / Julia, Bob / Skinny Bob, Jack / P Jack, etc.

Look, I’ll be honest, when I saw the picture of Shin Hisako, and then saw her in-game, I was disappointed. I got over the stance thing, especially when I found out that she’s still what she was before, but knowing that makes me feel like they did even less with her from a visual / lore standpoint, but we’ll have to wait and see.

What I do know, before I even see it, is that they’ll make her fun to play. This is the part that I think you’re leaving out. You say “many will come to contradict me saying that IG did it well,” but for me, they’ve been a revelation for this game.

I liked Season 1 a lot. I thought it was really fun and I enjoyed the mechanics they put together for the game as well as the character designs. But I really do feel like IG took that ball and ran with it. I feel like they’ve taken this game to another level. I play characters like Kan Ra, Aganos, Gargos, Eyedol, etc and I feel like I’m playing something fun and unique.

Every character feels well defined and comes packed with tons of tech to discover. Not to mention the fact that they’ve added a ton to existing characters and have continually evolved their own formula. For me, season one Sadira was pretty cool. I dug the concept for what she could do in a KI game. Season 3 Sadira is an absolute blast to play though, and I can’t wait to see what IG will do with her next.

Sure, not every character design they’ve come up with has connected with me, but I see the care and craftsmanship that goes in to characters regardless, and they all seem to build up their own following. Without IG, you don’t have Hisako, who you say is your favorite character in the game. Without IG, I don’t have the best version of Sadira or my second favorite character, Kan Ra. We don’t have these amazing, unique character designs or some of these really cool, unique modes.

So yeah, would it be nice if MS gave them more money, which may or may not even help them achieve 100% of their vision for the game? Sure. I want them to be able to do everything they want without any type of restrictions, real or imagined by us. But I do think they’ve done a great job so far and I can’t wait to see what they do next.

1 Like

Dude,are you me?

I’m happy that KI is still updating and all of that, BUT… this thread is the proof that sometimes it’s better not to do something instead of “kinda doing it”.

I’m not trying to bash IG, they continue to bring new content cuz they are as passionate about KI as we are, and that’s a great thing! I’m just saying that this sort of backlash sometimes is not worth the effort.

The third post S3 char is a brand new one (hopefully it comes out on the polished end), and I would have much preferred to get 2 brand new instead of the 2 remixes + 1 new, that’s if we assume that 2 remix characters cost as much as a single brand new one.

This game has already hit and miss with the presentation quality of the characters, if it was me I wouldn’t have risked other “omen situations” with the whole lazy dev argument that comes along with those.

I don’t pretend to know how game’s economics go, but I think is safe to say that KI has been more successful than SFV has, so I’m kinda wondering if that money will go back into KI development (hopefully a full sequel). This IP has so much traction potential it blows my mind how little MS is investing on it:(

1 Like