Disappointment in shin hisako

Take a look to this thread:

At this moment, 120 people voted here
14 people are not going to buy Shinsako
106 are going to buy her

In this small sample, 89% of the people are getting her, and 11% aren’t.

Dunno man, but thats a pretty big number to me. Not to believe that 89% of the total game population is going to buy her, but her reception is very good.

Some people dislike her, ok, each can have preferences. But just because a minority(because it’s a minority) is very vocal, doesn’t mean they have the numbers in their favor

Shin Hisako is, as far as it looks, well recieved, even before her gameplay reveal. The numbers may be bigger afther that. Or not. Who knows!

But saying something like

It’s something that is not right man.

Also, assuming that a remix is half of the price of a full character is too much. I have no clue about how much a remix char costs, but I would guess that they cost a lot of less than half a new character

2 Likes

I don’t know about costs either ofc, it’s just guessing.

I’m not saying IG half assed the character, but Keits just said that they don’t put the same amount of work on remixes. They did the best with what they had, and I’m sure keits came up with some sick gameplay mechanics!

As far as the vocal minority goes, I think they are important. If we spend our time here arguing about these things is because we care more than anybody else, and since we are vocal we influence the perception of the game more than the vast majority of players who just play and keep quiet:)

All we want is KI to be up to par with other major titles, cuz we know the potential is there, the game is super fun and has the best netcode on the marketXD I’m convinced that if KI had MK level of presentation it would be a major contender for the FG Throne! It already has the competitive gameplay chops to be there, it just has presentation issues.

1 Like

I like Hisako, but this is just lazy.

I’ll buy her to not feel my game “incomplete”, and i dont want to see a missing slot.

That’s it.

1 Like

yeah my OCD will make me get here no matter what

1 Like

Everyone writing off the character before shes even shown , ggs everyone

9 Likes

I want a new design.
Its hard to understand?

2 Likes

Everyone was expecting some kind of samurai new character… that’s where the disappointment comes from. She will probably be a nice char… still, a little disappointment is to be expected. I felt the same about kilgore

1 Like

Ig is releasing a “omega” version of ki and charging for every char.

There remixed characters , why would you expect a completely new design ?

I didn’t want remixesXD that’s all

1 Like

What do you expect from a non triple A developer ? Its understandable to hate clone characters when a company like capcom does it as they have the man power and the funds to make a new character. You guys are the most fussy buch of lads , you want new characters , ig make new characters , but OOOO NO ITS GOT THE SAME LOOK AS ANOTHER CHARACTER GOSH IG SO LAZY . ■■■■ off

12 Likes

I have to say I wasn’t sure if anything could stop the crying over TJs ultimate but it appears an upcoming character release has done it! Thank you Shin Hisako! :slight_smile:

I still have to say I’m not disappointed. Why? Grant it, I’m pretty much new here but I really don’t expect anything from a game that’s 3 years old. If I’m still getting stuff from the game, well, that’s pretty cool as far as I’m concerned.

For those who want to play a Samurai… go play For Honor. It’s fun. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

They’re usually double the price of a regular character,unless they changed shago’s price to 5$ and got rid of that lame upsale,and I think most of the people that got Kilgore got him for 10$ rather than waiting for his price to drop.

It’s not in my budget right now

1 Like

Tis ashame. It’s quite fun. :slight_smile:

You are confusing selling price with develoment costs. My wording may be not the best, but I was speaking about how much a remix character costs

If a character costs X $ to be developed, and a remix costs(personal guess) the 3/10 X $, then the choice was simple

One single new character, and not enough budget for a second, or 2 remix and a new character?

2 remix and 1 new is A LOT better than 1 new char

1 Like

OMFG CAN THIS CHARACTER JUST DROP ALREADY???

I’m fiending out over here!!! < twitches >

I also think it’s worth noting that when people dislike something, they post about it over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over ad infinitum.

When they like something, they tend to post a little less so. This makes all the backlash look like a lot, when really it’s the same tiny handful of people. It’s not like we’re all anonymous, it’s trivial to see and measure backlash by individual(s) engaged in the backlash.

10 Likes

The remixes tend to have a reason behind them.

Personally I think the recent remixes are intended to pay for the ultimates so they can offer them for free.

I always give the OP a pass on posting as many times as they do. When I make a thread, i feel it is respectful to try to re-reply to as many unique replies as possible. Based on this, i think its perfectly OK for the OP to have 50+ posts.

Despite all that…

I agree with what you said.

1 Like

That’s because people keep questioning why they dislike something and kinda force them to defend themselves over and over and over and over again. And then a discussion ensues, arguements are made back and forth, etc etc etc…

When someone makes a negative comment, alot of the people who do like it are feeling like they have to make sure that the one who doesn’t like it are in the minority, that their opinion isn’t worth as much, that they have to defend themselves and explain in detail why they don’t like something…

And even if you have done so over and over again in the past, when a mention comes of it some time in the future, there are people who wants you to do so all over again. Maybe they didn’t catch it the first ten times, or maybe they just try to get a rise out of you… either way, this results in the person who dislike something making all these posts.

That’s my personal experience with it on this forum.

3 Likes