Disappointment in shin hisako

Whatever a “negative commentor”'s reason for posting excessively is… well, it’s whatever.

I’m just saying that “all this backlash” is actually a miniscule amount of backlash. It is quantifiable, and only looks large because of the number of posts, and how many times one can read detractive comment while scrolling. Fact is, there are observably far fewer detractors than hypees. That doesn’t make any individual opinion worth less than another, but it does make the detractive side of the scale, overall, certainly weigh less. In this case, based on the 100ish sample we’ve got in this forum, the disapproving side of the scale only accounts for maybe 11%

All in all, there just isn’t an “all this backlash” scenario. There’s almost no backlash.

1 Like

I agree, we ARE a minority, those who dislike Shin Hisako. It is indeed miniscule. That doesn’t change anything I said though…

AND THEN NOTHING!!!

-clears throat-

But seriously… just…

Some people just don’t like the same things as others. And it is alright to disagree, it is alright that we have different opinions, and it is alright to have a good conversation about it… but sometimes it is blown out of proportion from either side, just because of disagreements… People don’t HAVE to like the same things, and they don’t HAVE to justify every little thing they disagree with.

Sometimes, people just need to vent… let their thoughts be known by those who created the thing they don’t like, to show their dissatisfaction… and what better way to do so than the official forum which intended purpose is for such feedback!

It can easily get non-constructive though, and I admit fully that I’ve slipped a good amount of times as well, even though I praise constructive criticism… we’re all human, after all.

So there you go.

3 Likes

I was hoping you would use the Ashton-side macro as your response. Couldn’t even get the quote right… I THOUGHT YOU LOVED ME!!!

But yeah, I agree w/ you damned-near 100%, and out of a lot disagreements we’ve (maybe not you and I, generic we) had some pretty great conversation. In fact, the best non-gameplay conversations derive from disagreements. It’s really lame when everyone is like “oh yeah, I concur” - “mmm, yes, me too” - “si, si, es muy bueno” - “ja, das ist gut” - and so on. When I want ho-hum communal approval yepping, I watch King of the Hill. :smiley:

I just noticed somewhere in the thread (that I realize now I forgot to quote) one of the detractors trying to argue that “all this backlash” is indicative of why they shouldn’t do remix characters, so I was pointing out that “all this backlash” is actually a countably small number of people. That’s all.

I’m not trying to say you’re wrong for having your opinion. I do think it’s sort of silly for you, personally, to hold so steadfastly to your anti-clone position despite any narrative efforts, but we’ve had that conversation before. Hakuna matata. It’s all good.

Honestly, this time around, I feel like maybe they could have made some better decisions/planning before getting super far in the remixing process (which, despite how much we all love to argue w/ you about the clone/remix thing, let’s be real, nobody was saying remix until Keits told us that’s the word they use around the office), but as a longtime FG player, I don’t see the issue. This is a small, broke arsed team, making a F2P game. I think hardcore KI-cats might get uppity knowing some of the major detractors are hardcore MK or SF fans, who are both SO MUCH MORE GUILTY of lazy design and recycled assets than IG.

I’m babbling though.

2 Likes

Not to be that guy but Hisako/Shinsako is(are) still a Samurai. If you mean specifically a MALE Samurai than yeah play For Honor or perhaps one of the Samurai Warriors or Nobunaga’s Ambition type games, lol.

Or Nioh… Nioh is good.

2 Likes

I forgot Nioh. God I sooo wanted to be able to be good enough to play that game but I got spanked by just the demo. :sob: I love Samurai/Ninja stuff so having one that is so good that I will never be good enough to play through makes me very depressed.

I am dissapointed too, might as well reveal the next and last clone since i don’t have any hopes, also they never got terror skins or gold skins for the rest of the cast probably dropped the idea already, and yes it’s pretty obvious this is the final stretch.

1 Like

I was hoping that jago and glacius would get terror skins.

They already said the last character isn’t a remix.

3rd character is confirmed brand spankin’ new.

EDIT: Danjutsu’d.

1 Like

Will probably be a guest character then…

-sigh-

Hopefully I will be positively surprised, but after all these disappointments throughout Season 3 and after, I’m rather skeptical…

I am predicting that the last character is Eagle, and if it isn’t then Season 4 is likely to happen.

5 Likes

I’m with ya 100% TC. People that don’t have a creative bone in their body are just “happy with anything they didn’t have before” and that’s fine. I’m sure she’ll be OK, but it’s the missed potential that is disappointing. A fleshed out new original character that wields a katana would have had me very very excited. Instead, I don’t even click the “play” button on the Shin Hisako YouTube videos, because I sadly just don’t care :confused: and I freakin love Hisako.

I’ve said it many times before, but IG and MS has proven they have the creative power to come up with really awesome original characters. I just want more of that.

2 Likes

Considering how IG is scraping by with these remix characters, outright saying that they cannot afford to make a whole new character… do you really believe Season 4 is going to be a thing?

Nah, I think these last couple of characters are what we get, and then that’s the end of content we’ll get.

1 Like

Where have the devs said they’re just scraping by and that they’re unable to make more original characters?

3 Likes

Obviously I for one would have certainly preferred a brand new character with a new spin on the Samurai archtype different from Hisako’s take on the archetype but as a fan of her character I am still eager to see this new version as well. I’m not too disappointed probably just because the more I play regular Hisako the more she is gaining my favor. Spinal is definitely my main and some of her tricks like teleporting and mixups galore make her feel very similar and easy to pick up for me at least on the mindgames aspect of my playstyle. Excited to see if this New Hisako will have similar or better abilities in these regards.

I am paraphrasing, but it is in one of these Shin Hisako threads rather recently.

Well, I’d like the actual quote from one of the devs and not just paraphrasing. Even if they can’t afford to make 3 original characters that aren’t part of a seasonal model, it doesn’t mean cost is the only factor that could be preventing them from doing so. Have you thought that if cost is the reason it could be because the money is going towards other things they’re working on? Again, this is the disconnect between us the players and the devs, we just don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes, so lets not assume we completely understand why they can’t make nothing but original characters.

1 Like