Disappointment in shin hisako

I’m sure the devs said they were done with the seasonal approach to KI, as for the remixes since 2 out of the 3 characters are remixes they would be saving money to put toward something else.

Last character’s not a remix

Well, feel free to go search for it then.

I like it when people make things up, state them as facts, and then place the onus of proof on those that question them.

It’s how my country works.

2 Likes

It’s in one of these threads, you’re going to paraphrase it (likely exaggeratedly), and then tell those who ask you where you got that load from to find it their damn selves. That’s pretty weak.

If you feel like I’m on your back, perhaps you ought not post incredibly arguable farces left and right. I read threads. I see malarky. I say “that’s some ol’ malarky right there”. Oh noes.

1 Like

It was never said it was a fact anywhere, take things with a grain of salt like everything, just in this case you took with a bit more salt than usual

1 Like

Why is the calm, wittily disagreeing guy the salty one?

What of the haughty attitudinal, outwardly aggro, fictitious argument guy?

Y’all woulda got kicked outta debate club real quick.

1 Like

There:

Rukari outright stating that Shin Hisako is the result of what they can afford to make. And if that’s the case, I wouldn’t bet on a 4th season.

1 Like

On Season 4 and budget issues, I’ve got this crazy tinfoil hat kinda idea (I get a lot of these. I think I get it from my mother):

Maybe the reason they’re working with a smaller budget is because Season 4 hasn’t been greenlit?

Thinking about it, they don’t have anymore classic KI characters to draw from, so there’s not as much instant fan service they could bring to the table. And the options for guest characters are much slimmer now that they’ve used 2 of their flagship franchises and a classic Rare IP. Before they could say “Okay, Boss. We’re gonna bring back X number of fan favorite characters, plus some guest stars from big franchises that are sure to turn some heads. Licence to print money please.”

Even with the edition of some AWESOME new characters, the bulk of the KI roster is still mostly characters that already existed (18 classics/guests compared to 10 newbies including Shin Hisako) and already had selling power. Now they have to convince the higher ups to take more risks with brand new original characters that could be huge hits or a costly loss, even with IG’s track record.

Furthermore, brand new characters take time to concept. This will probably take a while, since they don’t have the originals for inspiration. They’ve got some ideas lined up in Shadow Lords and the novella (The Tsar, Wendigos, Eagle, and any members of the new factions like The Coven or The Cult of Gargos) but it takes more than an idea to make a fleshed out, playable character.

So I’m thinking the top brass reduced the team’s budget until they can provide a layout of everything that would be in a theoretical Season 4. This is why we aren’t seeing new stages or fully fleshed out characters (Kilgore didn’t even come with concept art). All the while, the inclusion of Ultimates is probably taking up quite a bit of resources. So they make a small batch of 2 remixes on one new/guest character to tide us over in addition to adding Skins, Ultimates and making improvements to Shadow Lords.

Then, once the 3rd character and all 15 Ultimates are out, along with the rest of the Post Season 3 content like Skins, Guardians etc have all been released, the team can go full steam ahead and come up with a proposal for Season 4. Once they have the manpower again, we could see another big batch of original characters.

That, or the focus of the team has shifted away from character development (at least for the time being) so a larger part of the team are working on the extras we’ve been getting. After all, the Ultimates were highly requested, as well as new customization options, so any reduction in budget is made more noticeable by the shift in focus.

1 Like

i wish that is the case.

You’re more optimistic than I am.
However, if Season 4 proves to be as good as Season 2 with a plethora of awesome new and original characters, I’d welcome it. But my cynical and disappointed side makes me think that wouldn’t be the case…

Must admit, it feels bad to feel like this about one of my favourite games…

Someone’s gotta do it. If I can find something to be positive about, I generally try to do it. There’s enough hassle in everyday existence to dwell too much on my KI related woes.

Funding beauty in negative spaces… or was it “Funding beauty pageants on negligent spaceships”?

1 Like

All I can say is, wait and see the reveal tomorrow, because I promise you will be very pleasantly surprised by what Shin Hisako has to offer!

If you’re not at the KIWC make sure you catch the streams!

2 Likes

I’m looking forward to it. I’m sure she’ll be fine and fun but It’s just the cosmetic things that irk me.

This may sound stupid but the selling point for me right now is her music/ultra since I’m a Jago main since the Arcade days.

I haven’t looked too much into her outside the Twitter teaser.
Have they said if she’ll be more lively than Hisako? No joke intended.

@JetstreamDan I don’t think Eagle will be the last character, as I suspect he will have some Fulgore elements to him but the last character is supposed to be fully new. Probably more likely to be seen in season 4 in my opinion.

Hence my assessment that if Eagle isn’t the 3rd character Season 4 is a likely possibility given how much has been left on the table and the fact that Season 4 was talked about during a KI stream at the Microsoft store.

1 Like

This thread would probably turn from ‘Disappointment’ to ‘Enjoyment’ for some after this weekend.

From her intro and outros it looks like she has very zippy dashes, don’t know about her walk speed yet though.

1 Like

To be honest…just don’t buy the character? I mean I’ve got the DEFINITIVE EDITION and still think it’s sucks that It doesn’t come with the new characters that are releasing. Maybe if not enough people buy these characters it will make them rethink what direction to take in creating characters? don’t get me wrong Hisako is pretty cool, Kilgore received little excitement from me and, Shin Hisako might receive a bit more once her gameplay trailer comes out. I just think the whole “clone” idea got poked at after Mira was released where she has similar moves to her sister Maya but has an immensely different playstyle with bats, huge damage output, teleports and side dive kicks. The same with Shadow Jago where he has dive kicks, slide kicks, a moving grab attack (basically raging demon), and sideways uppercuts. Bottom line, just don’t buy the character if your that unsatisfied with the new characters being released (still think its stupid Definitive Edition didn’t come with them) and am I disappointed? Yes, but it’s not gonna change that she’s coming to KI.