Chris Sutherland is back for season 3

I was missing Mike in the stream yesterday. :pensive:

RIP Mike announcer :cry:

1 Like

I just came by this and it is the most marvelous thing Iā€™ve ever watched feat. Chris Sutherland.
(I LOVE seing the developers talking about the process of developing a game).

If they completely get rid of Mikeā€™s announcer pack, theyā€™ll be passing off a lot of people.

I will say though, I havenā€™t used Chrisā€™ pack since S2 started, so I hadnā€™t heard how bad the guy they got to fill in for him was. They might have brought Chris in to re-record the S2 names and get the S3 names done right, instead of just glossing over them. The S2 names from the classic pack is terrible.

They might be re-record ingredients S1 stuff with the new guy because of the imagined inconsistencies with the Mike pack from S1 to S2. I just hope they donā€™t ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  with anything in-game and only get the S1 character names redone. Iā€™m just worried theyā€™ll ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  with the combo callout from Mike, and those are perfect

Actually it was Mike who didnā€™t record the rest of S2 names besides Maya and Combo because he was from Double Helix, if I understand correcly. Chris apparently recorded every character.

I hope itā€™s more than that though. Thereā€™s some such as shadow counter and especially counter breaker that Mike just nailed. Chris was just plain flat.

1 Like

I had heard that it was both that were replaced by another voice actor in S2

I do like Chrisā€™ Counter Breaker callout occasionally. Itā€™s hype, but a different kind of hype.

I donā€™t begrudge anyone using the Chris announcer, because I do use it occasionally, but only in survival, so Iā€™d never heard the character name callouts.
Itā€™s good, just not hype enough for the visual hype of the game

Hi hope they donā€™t remove mike, he is by far the best announcer, and he was even better before the season 1 was released http://youtu.be/bIYvk0xWVAw (THAT VOICE), my impossible dream is the return of that version of mike :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob:

1 Like

Mike, in my opinion yells Ultra, Godlike, Combo Breaker, and Ultimate better than Chris. Chris sounded better in KI 1 and 2. In this game, most his call outs sound flat, especially Combo Breaker and Ultimate.

Iā€™d much rather a mix of the two. Iā€™m not a fan of that Ultra, or that Counter Breaker, but the combo callouts are awesome

While there at it, I wish theyā€™d bring the Ultra music back from the pre released version. Note Jagoā€™s Ultra music at the end of this clip. https://youtu.be/Ag4pNPuj_RY

3 Likes

Those kind of came back with the recapture ultras, but I would like them to come back for the first ultra so I can hear the better version if Iā€™m a character that doesnā€™t have a recapture

1 Like

That was cool! Ultra yell didnā€™t sound as good now though. \

THAT ALTERNATE JAGO OUTRO QUOTE :open_mouth:

ā€œPerhaps this isnā€™t the path for you.ā€

I remember asking @TempusChaoti a while back in the early days of Season 2 what ever happened to Mike as far as announcing goes and he relayed back that they were unable to have Mike return for Season 2 announcing and that their audio producer was covering the lines for him until something was figured out. He hinted that eventually they would just have to remove Mike announcer entirely since it couldnā€™t be fully supported without Mike actually there to record future lines.

Iā€™m just going to assume that Mike wonā€™t be an announcer option in S3 and that either S3 audio producer will just become a new option to replace Mike or Chris will become the new ā€œMainā€ announcer.

1 Like

thereā€™s where I got the impression that @SasquatchPotato was the new announcer. Then who is the audio producer of this game if it is not Zach Quarles? Is he in the credits?

I would be really anoyed if they just dropped Mike from the game. I donā€™t care If it sounds inconsistent, I hate the other announcers.

No, I do not think they will scrap the Mike voice. They want to make the select screen callouts the same. Mike is way too perfect to scrap; that would be a terrible idea. I never use Chris, I always use Mike. Mike rules, my Dad and I use to laugh when Season 1 launched and Mike was so insane with the counter-breaker.

1 Like

The question is: Is Mike Willette still unavailable? Has an intent of reaching him again been made?

In my opinion if they cant get Mike back they should do a hybrid as the default.

Some of Mikes Callouts are just unmatched and fit perfectly with the tone of the game.

The way he said Shadow Counter, like I said in my thread, is just unmatched.

3 Likes

He brings intensity that the other announcers dont.

3 Likes