Voice work of KI

@GalacticGeek
Could you clarify what you meant about Season 2’s announcer? I’m rather confused… Did you mean there is a fourth announcer option (Aria, Mike, Chris and a new one)?

Thanks for the information guys. For the record, posts saying things like “you should go and look at the credits”, whilst it’s a legitimate answer, aren’t as helpful as you might think. Not meaning to insult anyone, just advising. On a personal level, I can’t see the credits. So unless people had contributed a list, as they have done here, I might’ve been left in the dark with it, if you’ll pardon the pun.

Also, as a slightly off topic side note, I believe T.J and Scorpion from MKX are voiced by the same person, correct me if I’m wrong.

4 Likes

yes, there’s a fourth one, Zach Quarles.

Since Mike Willette worked for Double Helix, he was unavailable to do the voice over for the new Season 2 characters (i.e. shouting their names in the character select screen)

Then Zach Quarles took over the role of Willette for the rest of Season 2. We were told that, eventually, to avoid inconsistencies, Zach would replace Mike entirely. This hasn’t happened yet. We don’t know if this is still the plan.

So, as of now, when you select Mike as your announcer, Mike does the following voices:
combo announcing, ready, awesome victory, supreme victory, fight on, perfect, shadow counter, combo breaker, counter breaker, 1 2 3 shadow breaker, and the season 1 character select names.

Zach does the following ones: Season 2 character names.

Hope that clears it out.

2 Likes

Thanks for the clarification, I always thought things sounded a little odd. But I like Mike’s counterbreaker shout " counterbreakerrrrrrrrrr!". I think they should get Mike back if they can in future to re-voice the new names. Or maybe just make Zack a separate announcer as well - more announcers would be even better.

2 Likes

+1 exactly…

You’re off-topic. :smirk:

Just to clarify - I was Aganos and Riptor in S2. I’m not the actor that provided the additional announcer content that augmented Mike in S2. That is someone separate and that will continue for Season 3. I’d still like to at least change all of the character selects to a unified voice for that announcer in S3, but as everyone knows, there are a lot of moving parts so I can’t make that promise just yet. I’ll keep you all updated on that front in the coming weeks/months.

7 Likes

I was wrong then. Thank for clarifying and keep the good stuff coming!

Today I just learned that you also provided grunts for Aganos! Interesting!

Wow, so the vocalizations that agarnos makes when putting up a wall is based on your voice, or all the little growl type things in his intro? That is awesome stuff.

Yep! Basically, any time he makes a grunt, groan, moan, etc…there are actually a few phrases in there that he says in Greek. It’s my voice morphing with a chunk of concrete dragging across another concrete slab.

…I also had the flu when I recorded that voice, so that helped. :slightly_smiling:

6 Likes

That is a really awesome thing to know! What cool audio engineering you get to do…

A lot of us really like the Mike voice from Season 1. He sounds like an absolute nutcase on steroids and thats what we want to hear! If I could make a suggestion, while it may be too late for the change, is to have Chris sound more like when he says “Ready (KI2)” - “Continue” - “Fight On” - “Perfect” - “Awesome Victory.” That low dark voice is the best for him. Some of the callouts like “Counter Breaker” do not sound right and off “tone.” I would make “Counter Breaker” for Chris sound more like “Ultra Combo” but shorter. This is just my opinion and I know I’m not a pro (that’s why you’re at the controls) but I wanted to voice it directly to you.

Does anyone know anything about the Hisaco voice actress? I find it very interesting that this character speaks Japanese, and a friend of mine who speaks the language says that Hisaco speaks the language fluently. I’m wondering if the voice actress might ahve had experience/be from Japan because some of the grunts and stuff don’t seem like just grunts, they seem, well, a lot like that culture. I don’t really know how to describe it but I find it quite interesting.

Any chance of translations of what you end up saying from Greek to english? Interesting to know that you voice a couple of my secondary characters (Aganos and Riptor)

Guess I’m leaving additional ones right here in the list…

Aganos - Zachary Quarles (@SasquatchPotato)
Tusk - Chris Jai Alex (@chrisjaialex)

And I dunno whether I should take a grain of salt with this one or not, but apparently in IMDB, the voice of Arbiter is no other than Ray Chase a.k.a. CINDER!

Omen anyone? Step forward please.

Some fun facts about these voice actors that I’d like to share…

Mike Willette

• Of course, he is the Game Producer from Double Helix Games.

Ken Lobb

• Of course too, we all know it: the designer of the KI franchise. Out of all the characters, he is the only original voice actor to reprise his role as Thunder.

Erika Harlacher

• Has mostly done dubbing roles in anime such as Asseylum Vers Allusia from Aldnoah.Zero, Mimori Togo from Yuki Yuna is a Hero, and Ami Kawashima from Toradora.

Patrick Seitz

• The current voice actor of Scorpion from MK, has also done voice and dubbing roles such as Bob from Tekken, Ragna from Blazblue, Franky from One Piece, etc.

Edward Bosco

• Voiced Chipp Zanuff from Guilty Gear Xrd, Ahrah from Dust: An Elysian Tale, Dangereux from Lord of Magna: Maiden Heaven, Machias Regnitz from The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel, and has also done additional voices in Street Fighter V.

Zachary Quarles

• The audio director for KI, of course!

Sean Chiplock

• Has done voice and dubbing roles such as Rean Schwarzer from Legend of Heroes, Cassim from MAGI, and Kiyotaka from DanganRonpa. He is also involved with stuff on the Internet, such as being a user in Newgrounds, provided voice work as Otacon in some fan made MGS audio dramas, and some Undertale stuff like this…
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHgIkgp3V2k

Chris Jai Alex

• Has done voices in games like Resident Evil 5 (Majini), The Last of Us, The 3rd Birthday (Thelonius Cray), and Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark (Drift) and additional voices in Steven Universe. Also the voice of Catcher Freeman from The Boondocks and…as seen in IMDB…legit or not…is this guy.

Poby, from a children’s movie called…

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMjA2NzkzNDMyMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzEyMjEyMjE@.V1__SX1303_SY585.jpg

Weird, eh? And as if it’s coincidentally enough, a polar bear is present in Tusk’s stage…

Orchid’s voice actress was part Asian I believe, but would have been awesome to have a European accent

Don’t know who voiced Maya

Don’t know who voices Hisako

Who voices Fulgore?

amusing that TJ is voiced by a white guy, and Tusk by a black one.

1 Like

Sadira at 1:21 on this video ;

2 Likes