Any Transformers fans here?

I mostly just get the toys. I’ve never been in a good area for keeping up with comics.
They did have a lot of the classics series deluxe class figures that came with comics though. I have quite a few from that.

I’m from Holland, if I want comics I have to go for the collected editions, so I use Amazon…its kind of my addiction :roll_eyes:, every month I spend about a 100 to 200 on comics and fantasy books

3 Likes

Has anyone seen this yet? They just revealed a new toy of Trypticon! And he’s going to be as big as the new Metroplex and Fortress Maximus!!

Not only that, but he has a gimmick where he will “eat” the heads off of the other Titans Return figures. How awesome is that??!!?!?

2 Likes

Whoa… I wonder how much $$? O_o

What about Omega Supreme?

i start collecting since 1990 when i was just a kid and just a few and couple years later when i just get a job aget a lot, love the G1 but the one that hook me up was Beast Wars that story was unique, traveling to the past to eliminate the Autobots, very smart from Megatron. i personaly love the figures especially the new masterpieces and g1 . but i hate the movies sorry if any one here like it, after the moving show up here where i live every body collect transformers and try to tell you that they are loyal fans, i call loyals who start collecting before the movies, now the good things movies help me to incrase the value of my collection.

My guess is he’s going to hit the same price point as Metroplex & Fort Max…around $125.

From what I heard, he may be the big one for 2018. Either that or Scorponok.

1 Like

Love me some Transformers! My favorites were probably the original '86 movie, which still strikes me as crazy that Orson Wells voiced a character in it, and Beast Wars, which I found completely by accident one night while in college and immediately had to see every episode.

As for the figures, I still remember owning the one that could transform in to a working tape player (was that Soundwave? Can’t recall). Also had Metroplex, the one that could transform in to a whole city (or a base? Man is my memory garbage). I had Astrotrain, one of the triple changers. And of course Grimlock, Optimus, Starscream (my favorite) and others.

I tend to chalk the up along with Fireball Alley, Crossfire, and tons of other things that I never should’ve gotten rid of given how much they seem to go for now. Still, they also made my childhood fun as hell, and I still love Transformers to this day, so I can’t really complain! :slight_smile:

Yep, Unicron. From what I understand he told the media he was spending his last days “playing a giant toy that ate other toys” lol.

He wasn’t a working tape player, but yeah, it was either Soundwave or Blaster. Soundwave looked more like a blue walkman, and Blaster was a red and yellow boombox.

1 Like

Now correct me if I’m wrong but Ultra Magnus is another GIGANTIC/TITANIC Transformer, yes?

No, there have been 4 Titan class so far: Metroplex, Fortress Maximus, Devastator (a bit smaller than the others, but is made of all 6 Constructicon figures))and now Trypticon.
Ultra Magnus just recently had a leader-class figure (aka $40 size), but he’s nowhere near as big.

1 Like

As for Omega Supreme, from what I can clearly see he is one of the GIGANTIC Transformers as well, am I correct?

In the TF mythos, yeah, he’s about as big as Devastator in robot mode. As a toy, not so big. The biggest Omega Supreme toy would be the one from Transformers Energon, and it is around a foot tall…ish.

1 Like

Ah right, then I had Blaster, and now that I think about it, I think the “tape” you could put in him was another Transformer, if I’m not mistaken. I very well could be, but I have the vague recollection.

I enjoy the series though my fave will always be Beast Wars.

1 Like

I actually had him as a kid as well, and my brother had Soundwave. I was always envious of him because Soundwave actually came with one of the cassette minions (Buzzsaw), and Blaster’s were all sold separately.

They actually just made a new version of Blaster, and Soundwave for that matter, for the Titans return line. It’s pretty awesome.

2 Likes

Yep! That’s the one I had.

Oh wow, that new one looks ten times better… Maybe I need to start collecting again!

1 Like

you all should check out the Transformers Head Masters series. japan only, so its subtitled

Personally I’m not a fan of the Japanese series. I understand there was a cultural difference in things, but IMHO they tried too hard to turn Transformers into a Gundam clone, especially with Headmasters and the Masterforce series. I would have rather seen the teamwork dynamics they had with the Nebulons in the 3 or so episodes of season 4 than all the “little guy driving a big mindless drone body” stuff.

It probably didn’t help that some of my own personal favorites from those times were completely and drastically changed.

Siren & Quig -----> Go Shooter, average kid turned super sentai/Gundam pilot
Powermaster Optimus Prime & Hi-Q -----> Ginrai, average trucker turned super sentai/gundam pilot. (Also his “gundam” was meant as a means to resurrectConvoy, aka Optimus Prime, but somehow it got misplaced , and said random trucker happened to find it and bond to it.)
Skalor-------> turned from a unique character to one of numerous mindless drones that could combine with their master to make his arms and legs.

i hadnt seen all of it, my brother started watching it back in summer 2012 and it was a very rough time for us due to a loss in the family. from what little i saw, i thought it was pretty good but didnt get to finish the series at all. i was caught up in other shows and was also hooked on Tribes:Ascend for the PC