Any Transformers fans here?

You can now count me in as I too am a big AND long-time fan of the Transformers series :smile:

“Transformers! More than meets the eye!” :sunglasses:

Has anyone seen this new Megatron statue that’s been floating around facebook?

Now this is how Megatron should have looked in the movies.

3 Likes

Cool! Hey, I know you don’t like Transformers live action movie. But TF5’s Megatron almost look like G1 because his head and canon arm…

1 Like

He looks more like Transformers Prime Megatron to me (with a Bane mask…er…kinda), and they are seemingly leaning towards more traditional designs, I’ll give them that, but essentially the way they’ve handled the movie robot designs overall would be similar to saying Captain America’s costume is lame so he needs to wear camo pants, a mullett, and a sleeveless flannel shirt and act more like Rambo, because that’s what non-comic reading moviegoers want to see out of a Captain America movie.

How did I miss this thread?

I like some movie designs, I just wish the bots had a bit of characterization on screen. I haven’t really followed the movies after DOTM.

AOE was kinda hit & miss. It was kinda more like Transformers Animated…well, a lot like Transformers Animated. They added what is essentially Bulkhead with a nod to the fact that his design was based off of G1 Hound (his name in the movie), a samurai autobot, and *spoiler warning * one of the key plot points is using Megatron’s head to reverse engineer tech based off of the Transformers, he gets a new body, and then takes over all that tech …not to mention Lockdown, the focal bad guy was created for Transformers Animated.

Also I don’t know if this is much of a spoiler because they did show them in the trailer, but the Dinobots are kinda lame. You wouldn’t think Michael Bay of all people could scr3w up robots that turn into dinosaurs, the action scenes pretty much write themselves, but he did.

I saw AOE, but I stopped getting hyped and following the news, trailers, etc. :-/ I agree it was “so-so” the movie was also way too long imo. I never thought I would want a TF movie to end so bad.

Yay! I finally found some Titans Return figures!!

3 Likes

Yooo! I want that Galvatron! :smiley:

They’re starting to pop up in stores, they’ll likely be everywhere, so I’d say if you want one, go get you one. :wink:

I was also able to order Computron, but I’ll have to wait for it to ship here:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/images/products/in/large/HAS25142.jpg

2 Likes

Oh, BTW, I don’t know if anyone new this, but there is a Machinima series called Combiner Wars on go90.

So far it’s pretty interesting. I kinda wish the episodes weren’t so short, but it definitely has potential. It actually makes me wonder if they went this route for making a classic series because TV executives told them if they didn’t make something more like the new Robots in Disguise series where they made a series that focused mostly on a movie-style Bumblebee nobody would watch it.

Haven’t had the time but adding to my list of must watch. I’m actually interested in the new season of RID though. I need to check and see when it comes out.

We had our Christmas a bit early, and I got this bad boy:

U don’t know if it transfers well to picture form, but this guy is frikin’ huge!!! Other Combiners in the Combiner Wars line only come up to his hips! I mean, he’s not Metroplex of Fortress Maximus big, but he’s close.

3 Likes

Cool! :0

1 Like

Awesome, back when I was a kid, I had the superion combinors, loved those, but played so mich with the a tion figures that the joints became too loose and wouldnt support them standing up anymore, or parts were starting to fall and break off, was a huge fan, still love the death of Optimus prime/Rise of Rhodimus movie and the 2 part resurrection of Optimus Prime cartoon.

Optimus Prime still counts as my childhood hero.

My brother has the volume 1 hardcovers of the IDW series (about 8 of them) and I just last month ordered the volume 2 hardcovers (the first 3) cant wait to start them.

Had to get used to Galvatron being a seperate entity, bit they do make it work.

Any other IDW transformers readers?

1 Like

I used to read the g1 comics when I was a kid. They’re being released again in hard back form every fortnight from the start. I’ve preserved them again because I love the old looking transformers

How many hardbacks have they already released of the originals and are they all still in print?

Or…link pretty please :grin:

Here ya go:
http://www.transformerscollection.com

It’s only starting here. I think there’s about 60 of them

Looks nice, wish they would be released regularly, instead of through a kind of subscribtion.

They’re bring released in shops every fortnight aswell