Am I the only one that thinks Fulgore is Eagle?

I was thinking more like Alex.

Dont miss my link then!

I didnā€™t, I quite like your ideas there. I meant to comment there but work had me busy until now.

1 Like

I think itā€™s funny how during season two people brought up the idea of eagle and everyone was like " no comic characters" or ā€œheā€™s owned by someone elseā€ saying how itā€™s impossible for him to show up now people are acting super excited and talking about how he should play.

Eagle wasnā€™t an original character from the comic: He is the motivation of Thunder in the first game. He was never shown, but we knew he existed. The comic, which isnā€™t canon, decided to put him in as Fulgore, and this idea was used somehow during S1.

Now, we have new data: He is not a cyborg(human with robot implants), he is using an avatar(Think in Matrix or Avatar). Now he is free. Now he can fight on his own terms.

Now he wants REVENGE

I know he didnā€™t originate in the comics but I remember somewhere they said he is owned by the company that did the comics character wise.

I donā€™t get why people still donā€™t get that KI 2013 is a reboot.

Some plot elements from the franchiseā€™s history were kept, some were scrapped.

In other words, they can do whatever the f*** they want without worrying about consistency. And thatā€™s fine.

2 Likes

We get that it is a remake. That doesnā€™t mean they need to remake the entire story.

Because they never knew what ever happened to Eagle they made a gravestone for him without a body in the grave just something to remember him by but they did say in thunders story he said that Fulgore reminds him of Eagle

Look at Fulgores chest plate itā€™s a eagle on his chest I said that when he was first released

:astonished:ā€¦

• runs to grab Fulgore figure

ā€¦holy chalupas!!! It does vaugely resemble something birdlike!!!

We get it, a lot of us just donā€™t like it. And for your information Season 1 was a direct sequel to KI 2. Berserker Mike stated as much many times before release. They even gave the canon ending to KI 2, which turned out to be Jagoā€™s, thus sparking the whole inner demons plot with Shadow Jago. Some paraphrases from memory consist of things like this: After Jago defeated Gargos, he was in a crisis of faith after learning about the true history behind the tiger spirit. He tore down his temple in a rage and his new costume wears bits and pieces of the templeā€™s design. And: After losing two KI tournaments and falling deeper into his lycanthropy, Sabrewulf was becoming desperate. etc. They gave in-depth stories to the characters of Season 1, which you can still in some cases on character design and/or their stages.

1 Like

I think what they are trying to do is erase the fact that they did not make S1. Those of us who have been playing from S1 know this, but new players not know that they did not make S1. If they redo the entire story, then they can get rid of all traces of double helix and what they did in S1. I think this is why they brought Eagle out of nowhere.

I donā€™t think IG has a problem with the S1 characters, but they donā€™t like to be reminded that they did not make the first season.

I think that would be understandableā€¦I mean if a guy married a girl with a kid, and he raised the kid like his own, I would imagine he wouldnā€™t care for people constantly pointing out that heā€™s not the kidā€™s ā€˜realā€™ dadā€¦

This is incorrect, and doesnā€™t play at all into the story development or anything else. If we wanted to ā€œeraseā€ DH from the game, why would we, for example, keep in a Fulgore skin with a DH logo on its chest, which we went and made sure to get permission was OK to keep in even after they were bought by Amazon?

Please stop this conspiracy. DH did great work on KI, and we all wish them the best.

KI 2013 was a reboot, not a sequel, to the arcade games, as Iā€™ve said many times before, and we (both MS and DH) said many times once it was revealed. If you heard ā€œdirect sequelā€ then you werenā€™t hearing correctly or someone misspoke.

We chose narrative elements that we liked from the old fiction and ditched the rest.

7 Likes

Honestly, the semi-retcon makes sense to me. KI has done a good job of both acknowledging the old games and also reinventing their events, but one thing theyā€™ve stuck with is that there have been multiple generations of Fulgore, each mass-produced. So thereā€™s a point where ā€œheā€™s an Eagle cyborgā€ starts making less and less sense. Having it be that Eagle was brainmapped and a copy of him was turned into an AI not only makes more sense as Fulgore keeps getting replaced, but also gives a possible happy ending to Thunderā€™s story that never would have really worked before.

I apologize for the statement then. I do not mean any disrespect towards any IG, DH, or MS staff that works on now, or that did work on this game.

I guessing what I am trying to understand is why rewrite that story and the end of the season 3, and not and the start of season 1? Why rewrite it at all, other than stories about the new characters and how they got there?

They went out of their way to preserve fulgores head when tusk chopped it off so the unique identity it has inside of it makes the mass production irrelevant as that one fulgore is special. Sadly they decided to keep eagle as his own separate entity which is a shame as I feel it cheapens the depth of what could have been a cool robo cop man inside of a machine story. Now hes just a copied brain pattern ala ultron which is less interesting imo than eagle losing his body and being forced into slavery.

When you have a cast of ~26 characters like we will by the end of S3, keeping a consistent narrative, especially one in which the characters have something to do with each otherā€™s pasts, becomes crazy difficult to not add anything as we go. We try to minimize that, but it doesnā€™t always happen!

6 Likes

I really do understand that trying to keep stories for 26 different people would be a real hard task. It would be hard to write stories when you are not sure how long the game will last.

To me the story is part of the game just like the stages and music are. I purchased my X1 mainly for KI ā€œalso for Dead Rising 3ā€. I just want to see KI be the best game it can be, and the story is part of that.

Again I mean no disrespect towards IG or DH